• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ok.. It's official.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

We're tanking right?

There are no Centers left. DFerry wants to go another year with Horf at C unless we play Baby.

If we're tanking let's trade Lou for some picks and let's look to move Horf for some picks.

IF you're going to tank.. do it right, get rid of everybody who has experience and can win games and lets let the baby boomers get out there an play hard.. I think we can definitely lose better than the Bobcats a few years back.

But unlike them, we can prolly get the number one pick.

I hate to align myself with the "tanker" crowd...but just look at it. Teams stuck in mediocrity don't get anything achieved. Its frustrating. Especially in todays league. Its been established that we can't get a difference maker via FA so we can only get it via draft, and difference makers aren't available at 18 in the draft. Frustrating.

• Premium Member

I have to keep the standard I started. I said that Ferry will be graded by this offseason. I know we're not done but so far, IMO, he's sitting at a D-.

I don't need a sexy pickup... But I do need to know if you understand skillset.

So far, he's playing from BK's playbook.

Duplicate of skillset and Ignorance of Skillset.

We have no official PGs on the team as of this moment.

Our SGs are John Jenkins and Jared Cunningham. Lou Williams, no telling when he will be 100% ready to go.

SFs not so good. Horford/Millsap, don't know if Horford is a center again or what.

We are rebuilding. Tanking, well that is another thing. Rebuilding is building a team not like the previous one, as we have let go just about everyone pre-Ferry (outside of Horford and maybe if we get Teague back).

"Tanking" is yet to be seen, but the roster isn't contending.

If I'm up for it, Yes I am. Waiting for a start over approach for a while now, and happy Ferry is the one to do so as he knows first hand you need a Franchise player first (Duncan with the Spurs, then Lebron with the Cavs).

Edited by RWF

Sometimes I wonder if Ferry knows what he is doing.

I guess there are 2 ways of looking at it. Hating Ferry because he is destroying a middle of the pack team that wasn't going anywhere. Or you approve as it has been time to rebuild for a while now. I'm in favor of what Ferry is doing.

We gotta wait for the teague situation to be settled. Hes going to be a big factor on what direction we are going.

Since there havent been any contract talks this means Ferry is in the background exploring SnT scenarios or he is waiting for the PG market to dry up and is going to try to bully him into a low ball offer.

• Premium Member

I hate to align myself with the "tanker" crowd...but just look at it. Teams stuck in mediocrity don't get anything achieved. Its frustrating. Especially in todays league. Its been established that we can't get a difference maker via FA so we can only get it via draft, and difference makers aren't available at 18 in the draft. Frustrating.

Nope that's not true at all. I would be willing to tank if we did it 100%.. but we don't have to make up mistruths about the failures of collecting assets.

Boston collected assets until they got a big three.

Indy collected assets until they got to game 7 of the ECF this past year.

Houston collected assets until they got Howard, Asik, Harden, and Lin.

The Lakers never have had to tank.

Miami always reloads.

this idea of the treadmill is B.S. There's only one champion every year. 1.

IN this time of Jordan, Duncan, Kobe, Shaq, and Lebron... these guys have won all the championships over the last 20 years. minue Detroit and Dallas. Think about that... They have controlled the championship.

SO.. it's not about getting lucky in the lottery. There's a lot of moving parts. Not only do you have to be lucky in the lottery, you have to make the right adjustments.

But the asset collection crowds POINT

They point to Boston and Miami.

These teams have shown that by putting stars together, you can win championships.

Already following in their footsteps are: Brooklyn, NY, and Houston.

You get to this place by building a reputation, getting a good coach, and having enough money and assets to get a star. The days of the tank are over. IF you're tanking, you're tanking for the first few development years. You are a feeder team.

• Like 1

I think ferry deserves another 2 yrs to make us contenders I mean I am hating the moves and the idea of tanking but he was able to get rid of jj's horrible contract and the worst hawks player in history Marvin Williams so I think he is working on something big I give him 2 yrs

I guess there are 2 ways of looking at it. Hating Ferry because he is destroying a middle of the pack team that wasn't going anywhere. Or you approve as it has been time to rebuild for a while now. I'm in favor of what Ferry is doing.

The problem is that the team he is putting may or may not be bad enough to get a top pick. We have a lot of players that its hard to tell how long they will be around. It looks like a whole lotta instability ahead. It seems that Ferry is going to try and run this team the way you would run your basketball team in franchise mode on the 360. Constant trades and moves and so its hard for fans to adjust and accept something like that in real life. Half of the roster might be gone again by the all star break for all we know.

We are building a team from the ground up not tanking, we will see how this year goes then adjust accordingly. I like the facts that past players that have proven to not be the answer are gone. It's not our fault we could not get Howard or CP3, at least we aren't ankered with horrible contracts now and can freely build a good team.

• Like 1

Half of the roster might be gone again by the all star break for all we know.

Expecting it. You should always get the best prospects, future picks, etc you can at all times, especially if you don't have a contender.

We are building a team from the ground up not tanking, we will see how this year goes then adjust accordingly. I like the facts that past players that have proven to not be the answer are gone. It's not our fault we could not get Howard or CP3, at least we aren't ankered with horrible contracts now and can freely build a good team.

Someone else gets it. Building a team from the ground up doesn't = tanking. Tanking is yet to be seen. That happens when the season is under way and you see us holding back Horford because we suck. Give Ferry time to build. So far he has torn up the old team to make way for the new team.

Really bad teams start forming bad habits do you think if Josh Smith was drafted by this hawks team now he'd have the same bad habits? Having a solidish bad team is more than ok if I'm tanking I'd rather the young guys learn how to play competitive bball then send a bunch of crap players out there. Look at the cats they didn't have busts those guys never learned how to be professional basketball players from real pros. Look at guys like Kobe Timmy D etc they had talented vets(Eddie jones for Kobe the admiral for Timmy) that could show them the ropes. You need that

Tanking would be to re-sign Zaza and Ivan to 1 year deals and have them start while Horford sits or is traded for picks. Rebuilding would be to start Dennis and Muscala and let them develop.

Edited by RWF