• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What about Chris Kaman as a short term center option?

AtlHomer

If we pursue Bynum there has to be some medical updates that are pertinent. That's vital. Maybe the same with Kaman. I think Kaman fits more in the mold of the Spur system but if, and that's a big IF, Bynum is healthy he could have a greater impact.

• Premium Member

This article from the Laker Nation site suggests there may be interest by the Lakers in Kaman though they would be financially restricted. Hawks are mentioned as a possible landing place however I interpreted it as speculation rather than knowledgeable insight.

Read for yourself at:

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-mutual-interest-between-lakers-chris-kaman/2013/07/07/comment-page-1/

• Premium Member

For those that want Bynum on a short term contract, you also must ask if he would accept it. I don't believe he will. I am sure there is some team willing to gamble and offer him a 4 year, high dollar contract. I would probably include escape clauses in case of injury.

Doubtful if he continues to refuse to work out for any team.

• Premium Member

OH well, looks like we can strike Kaman off the list. According to ESPN, he has reached an agreement with the Lakers for an undisclosed price.

Read about it at:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9460382/chris-kaman-los-angeles-lakers-agree-one-year-deal-sources-say

The options for centers is getting smaller. Did someone suggest Sam Dalembert?

Kaman just posted on his twitter he is going to the Lakers. Next in line for us to talk about until they sign somewhere else please!?