• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I forgot how good he was....

Brotha2ThaNite

When was the last time we have this on our team... 19ppg, 12rpg, 2blkpg and a 23.00PER?
When I saw this I was like damn... I forgot how good this guy Bynum was.
The only way I will feel good about Monta Ellis is if we can get Bynum too.
Do any of you think this can happen?
PS: Nikola Pekovic would make me feel good too.

No it's one or the other. One is a sure fire way to remain mediocre. The other is a sure fire way to be in the lottery while trying to get insurance to pay off the players salary.

Sure about that? Assuming we sign Monta for $10 million per, that leaves as much as $10 million left assuming we renounce Teague, Mack, and Stevenson and leave the 1st rounders abroad.

Sure about that? Assuming we sign Monta for $10 million per, that leaves as much as $10 million left assuming we renounce Teague, Mack, and Stevenson and leave the 1st rounders abroad.

I'm sure that neither Bynum nor Ellis are signing value contracts and we aren't getting both for just under $20 million... nor should we spend that much either.

I'm sure that neither Bynum nor Ellis are signing value contracts and we aren't getting both for just under $20 million... nor should we spend that much either.

Monta to the Hawks has been rumored at $9 million, $10 million, and $11 million, so surely you'd be willing to agree if it happens it'll be around $10 million, right?So the only debate is over Bynum's market value. I know you think he's getting eight figures per year but there are a lot of people who think GMs aren't going to trust him enough to give him that big a deal, and I'm one of them. But even if he gets $8-$9 million a year, we STILL could afford him.Agree? Disagree?

I have been well on the "play our rookies and get into the lottery" side of rebuilding, BUT having said that,

We did pretty much flip Josh Smith and Jeff Teague (most likely gone if we get Ellis) for Paul Millsap, Monta Ellis, DeMarre Carroll, and a another player that has to make our team reach the min of 12 (assuming 2 of our rookies, Dennis and Muscala will be on the roster which takes it to 11).

So if you believe we should have improved the all around team, well I believe we did (if everything is official). Are we title contenders? No, and that is why I wanted to just go with the young guys this season and start a youth build. Are we going to be better all around this season? As a starting five, probably. Bench should be, with a returning Lou Williams, hopeful rookies, and a mystery 12th roster signing.

Edited by RWF

I think the reason why we're going for Ellis is because we don't have many who can put the ball on the floor and get his own shot.

I would give Bynum 10mil. I wouldn't be made if they gave both 10 mil.

Maybe they can afford them both if they trade Lou Williams.There is no need for Ellis and Lou on the same team.

There is no need for Ellis and Lou on the same team.

My main issue really. Even if Teague isn't here and Ellis is the starting PG while Lou is the 6th man SG, I'm still not looking forward to seeing both on the court at the same time.

Edited by RWF

gotta love people who are 100% sure about things they have no privy to.

Gotta love people who are constantly negative in addition to having no idea what they're talking about.But just to clarify for you, both Monta and Bynum are asking for 12 million each. That's more than Atlanta has. Simple enough?

Monta to the Hawks has been rumored at $9 million, $10 million, and $11 million, so surely you'd be willing to agree if it happens it'll be around $10 million, right?So the only debate is over Bynum's market value. I know you think he's getting eight figures per year but there are a lot of people who think GMs aren't going to trust him enough to give him that big a deal, and I'm one of them. But even if he gets $8-$9 million a year, we STILL could afford him.Agree? Disagree?

Sure if they both sign contracts for under 10 million we could move things around to make it work but please bookmark this post so that you'll see they will get more than 20 million combined.

Maybe they can afford them both if they trade Lou Williams.There is no need for Ellis and Lou on the same team.

We'd have to trade Lou to a team under the cap and I doubt he has much trade value right now with him still being injured.

You're free to look it up. I'm on my phone and don't feel the need to prove myself as I have no need to lie about it.

Haha not calling you out, Dolfan, I just haven't seen that news. Been trying hard to keep up with the reports but it's been difficult for me today. Was hoping someone better informed like you could help me out...