• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Backup Center / Ronny Turiaf ?

coachx

I'm comparing guys from small conferences who were overlooked because of it. The degree that they were overlooked doesn't matter. If Muscala was a top 5 prospect based on the advanced metrics then I am optimistic that it will translate. It's not like it would be the 1st time a guy like him came out of nowhere to have a solid NBA career. We aren't going to be any better with an undersized and undertalented Turiaf than we will with Muscala this year so I don't see the point in bringing him in.

Interesting perspective......time will tell if veteran Cs are the equal of Muscala year 1.

Interesting perspective......time will tell if veteran Cs are the equal of Muscala year 1.

I wouldn't call an undersized and undertalented Turiaf a "veteran C" as if he's even remotely NBA caliber anymore. Muscala may not be anything this year but I'd rather try with him than tread water with a guy who has no chance of helping the team.

I wouldn't call an undersized and undertalented Turiaf a "veteran C" as if he's even remotely NBA caliber anymore. Muscala may not be anything this year but I'd rather try with him than tread water with a guy who has no chance of helping the team.

Another interesting perspective. I'm in no way limited to 1 veteran C. My post show that in this thread .Time will tell who can help a team next year.

Another interesting perspective. I'm in no way limited to 1 veteran C. My post show that in this thread .Time will tell who can help a team next year.

I'm not opposed to bringing in a C who can actually help, I just don't see Turiaf being that guy. I could get behind Dalembert or trading for a young veteran C who hasn't had a chance to get a lot of minutes yet, but Turiaf isn't a guy I can get behind.

What kind of hotel is he at where you must insert a credit card for the AC to turn on ? I guess I'm lucky enough to have never been in a roach motel like that.Things like AC and color TV should be free....Right ?

What kind of hotel is he at where you must insert a credit card for the AC to turn on ? I guess I'm lucky enough to have never been in a roach motel like that.Things like AC and color TV should be free....Right ?

I haven't stayed in a cheap hotel / motel in a long time but I've never seen a cheap place have something fancy like that to control something.

• Moderators

I'm comparing guys from small conferences who were overlooked because of it. The degree that they were overlooked doesn't matter. If Muscala was a top 5 prospect based on the advanced metrics then I am optimistic that it will translate. It's not like it would be the 1st time a guy like him came out of nowhere to have a solid NBA career. We aren't going to be any better with an undersized and undertalented Turiaf than we will with Muscala this year so I don't see the point in bringing him in.

My best hope for him is that he will draw Millsap type comparisons (small school and non-elite athleticism causes slip to 2nd round, etc.)

That isnt a credit card. Its his room key. It makes you put it in there so the ac only runs when youre in the room. They dont want to cool a bunch of rooms when no one is in them so naturally it is set at 80 unless you put the key in.