Teague has signed a 4 year / $32 million offer sheet with Milwaukee

Admin

Monta isn't coming here. Ferry isn't dumb and you KNOW Coach Bud doesn't want that bum on his squad. Jennings maybe, Monta NO

Bud wants Monta. The problem is his price is too high right now like Brandon. The thing is, Monta can actually get 12 mil but only from Charlotte, Monta doesn't want to play for the Bobcats but who else is willing to pay 12 mil?

Brandon on the other hand overplayed his hand and now his market which was Milwaukee and Atlanta is only Atlanta and Atlanta isn't willing to pay him near the money he wants. Now he is stuck on an island because anything can happen from here.

People that think Ferry won't match because Teague said he wants to leave should remember Eric Gordon last year. Ferry will do what's beat for the team.But I could see Ferry not wanting to commit the 4 years if he doesn't believe in him, even if I do. Jennings on a 1 so he can try again next year, even if paid more, might be worth it to keep it a short contract. I prefer Teague, but realize that its close.

The difference is, New Orleans wanted Eric Gordon back, EJ wanted NOTHING to do with the Hornets. Didn't like the franchise and didn't want to come back. Atlanta on the other hand has little interest in Jeff. They would give him the MLE without question but 8 million, not a chance in hell. This wasn't like Josh, we didn't tell him to find and deal and see if we match it, we just didn't really want Jeff back.

• Premium Member

Yeah but it is what it is man. The Al, Smith, and Joe Johnson experiment didn't work. So what else do we do? Rebuild with a much better staff to do so. No more Billy Knight/ Sund and Woodson/Drew. We have REAL basketball minds now.

Real Basketball Minds??

Posted Image

Yeah but it is what it is man. The Al, Smith, and Joe Johnson experiment didn't work. So what else do we do? Rebuild with a much better staff to do so. No more Billy Knight/ Sund and Woodson/Drew. We have REAL basketball minds now.

Aside from capitalizing on the blatant stupidity of Billy King wtf has Ferry ever done to be considered a real bball mind?

Edited by NJHAWK

I know Jennings is heated, during the season, Milwaukee offered him 4/40 million dollars. Now he will be hard pressed to get 4/36. Atlanta might even offer him 4/33 and no one else is even interested. Jennings just cost himself potentially 9 mil and even then if he signed the QO, there is a chance if he gets traded, he would become a 6th man and still can't command more than what Atlanta could offer now on the market. Jennings clearly overplayed his hand.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

I think we can excuse him for missing out on CP3/Howard but can't excuse him for the state we're in right now. Next thing you know Nate Robinson will be our starting PG the way things are going. I just threw up a little at that thought. I gotta sit down.

And what state is that? Bynumless? Smooveless? I don't see that as a bad thing. Sometimes you have to take a step back to take 2 steps forward. And who gives a crap who our PG is next season if it is not the PG we see in our future? As long is it is a 1-2 year deal.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Not sure how credible this guy is, but here ya go:Tweet from Michael Scotto (@MikeAScotto)Michael Scotto (@MikeAScotto) tweeted at 11:42 AM on Thu, Jul 11, 2013:Source: Atlanta Hawks will most likely not match the four-year, $32 million offer to Jeff Teague from the Milwaukee Bucks.

Now if he goes out and gets a legit NBA vet to play PG like an Ellis (gross), Jennings (ugh) or Mo Williams (...) then I'll concede that he's trying to compete this year but even then that will be a poor job of it.

As much as we want to deny it, we both know that H-ellis is on his way.

While we all thought that Teague was in the doghouse every night for Drew, it seems that maybe Ferry was putting the pressure on Drew not to allow Teague the maximal output as many fans thought. Drew clearly covets Teague at this point. He probably realizes that Teague has only played 1 and 1/2 seasons as a starter in the NBA with one being the lockout season. If you look at Teague in that aspect, he still has a lot of room to grow into an elite guard despite the age. Teague was a baller at Wake and stood out above Bibby to me in every way in his early years, wish we wouldn't have wasted the early developmental years letting him ride the pine. I assume Ferry has made up his mind based on the Teague comments, and what I believe is an overall disrespect for the man's game. This was a dude that stood right out in the ACC with likes of Ty Lawson easily. At 25 it may be a stretch to see him develop further, but Drew clearly does not see it that way.

Meanwhile, Jennings is a few years younger but has had, i believe, 4 developmental years. Bucks have seen enough to make a decision on him. I think we have to take the chance on him, and possibly ahead of Teague because he was messed around with pychologically in Milwaukee at a young age with Skiles. If we really do believe in the developmental process of the spurs and Coach Bud, we should take him and see what sort of project we can make with him.

Mo Williams is a def. no. He still has game, but he has been injured a whole lot over the last few seasons. If we bring him in, we'd be stunting the growth of our youngsters and still tanking possibly. Mo Williams might just be washed up and done as well opening the door, but I'd rather just roll with the rook in that situation.