• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Danny Ferry Interview replay on 92.9 the game right now?

HawkItus

Great interview...apparently the doctors didnt really give a full endorsement of Bynum healthy...which was the reason the Hawks didnt make an offer for Bynum

Yeah my synop- is we are not getting guys because we don't want them. We didn't even offer Bynum. Teague is probably a goner and when the hosts said Monta @ 4/40 I thought I heard Danny dry heave lol. We are okay. The ship is in rocky water, but the captain is in charge of the helm.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

He seems to think highly of Schröder, but admits he has a ways to go. In the Nike Hoop Summit game, Schröder played well amongst all the future 2014 lottery picks that everybody is so excited about. There is a reason for Hawks fans to like this guy.

• Like 2

Yeah my synop- is we are not getting guys because we don't want them. We didn't even offer Bynum. Teague is probably a goner and when the hosts said Monta @ 4/40 I thought I heard Danny dry heave lol. We are okay. The ship is in rocky water, but the captain is in charge of the helm.

Careful, the boys on the other side of the island are coming to try and smash a rock over the heads of people who talk like that. You try and protect the conch at all costs!

• Like 2

Smartest thing I've heard all day. I literally just stood up at my work desk and applauded.

Careful, the boys on the other side of the island are coming to try and smash a rock over the heads of people who talk like that. You try and protect the conch at all costs!

Can't catch this piggy!

• Like 1

I came on here to post his too.

Here is what I got.

Danny: “Dennis will be on the Hawks’ roster.” Sounds like he loves Dennis, even to the fact where he thinks Dennis will be the starting PG.

Danny: “Hawks didn’t offer a contract to Josh.”

Danny: “After the Hawks doctors looked at Bynum… Danny didn’t think he was worth the risk.”

• Like 1

Said that they are very impressed by Schöder and that he's looked good in practices so far. He will definitely be on the roster this year and this is just me saying this but I have a feeling that he's impressed them so much that he's a big reason Teague won't be brought back.

Also that Nogueira probably won't be on the roster this year and maybe not next year but they are going to evaluate him in the summer league.

He thinks that Muscala is going to be a successful player and is going to have a long career ahead of him.

I didn't get the sigh that was mentioned above in reference to Monta or that contract thrown out there. Danny seems genuinely impressed with Monta and it wouldn't shock me if we try and sign him to a smart contract once he is renounced by Milwaukee.

So it seems like the Bebe kid is a mega project.

He's only 20 years old and still pretty raw. But even if he doesn't help for 2 years I wouldn't call that a mega project. But I certainly don't mind waiting. The Spurs waited 4 years after drafting Manu before came over.

It also sounded like Ferry was pumping the brakes a little when Monta Ellis was brought up.

I didn't get that at all. The host and Danny inexplicably were extolling this talent. I'd be really disappointed if we do sign him, but it remains a real possibility.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

OK.

I'm listening to Jamie and Co on the station now

Their latest argument...

Teague doesn't want to be here, so let's let him go?

Basketball is a business my friends. We were willing to give a max contract to Howard who didn't want to be here... Why? Because it was good business. I think the truth behind Teague is that Ferry is so enamoured by Dennis that he don't want the distraction of Teague's rise to get in Dennis' way. I think the same is true of some fans here.

However, there's another thing to be said about Danny that Jamie and co. mentioned. Danny is not the GM who will woo a player. He just put out the facts and expect that players will automatically go with what has been presented???

Danny Ferry is no captain if that is his attitude. As a GM, your Job is to sell the vision and make players feel wanted. We will never get top level guys or keep top level guys if Ferry is unwilling to make guys feel wanted.

Also sounds that Ferry wouldn't be averse to getting a top pick.

Yep he did mention that teams go through cycles of turnover and that it's coming more often and the cycles are quicker now. Sure sounds like his main plan is to build through the draft.

• Like 1