• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

Merged: Monta Ellis agrees to 3 yr / $30 million deal with MAVS

GameTime

Closing in and close arent done. He would do well in Dallas though. If we let a 25 year old up and coming pg that would be a very easy asset to trade if needed walk and sign Mo Williams or Josh Smiths little brother Jennings than to me that proves what I first though when we handed the ship to a failure like Ferry, were fkd.

well its a done deal now

What the heck is Dallas doing? Everyone wants to criticize Ferry and the Hawks. Look at the recent NBA champion Mavs. They just traded back to get their future PG in Shane Larkin, but then they go out and sign Jose Calderon and Devin Harris. Now they're signing Monta Ellis. They still don't have a center. They are #HawksWest but with 2 PG's instead of 2 PF's. (FYI, my post was a parody. I'd rather be the Hawks than Mavs right now.)

Edited by Dragitoff
  • Like 1

Wait. You guys really think Monta is getting paid more than Jennings?

He should he is a much better player and so is Teague. Why would you throw the bank at a chucker. 39% career shooter is laughable, at least Ellis used to shoot good. lol

He should he is a much better player and so is Teague. Why would you throw the bank at a chucker. 39% career shooter is laughable, at least Ellis used to shoot good. lol

You are annoying for real. If you are going to hate, at least acknowledge his less than ideal role and personnel grouping but you never do.

We have to convince him why Atlanta is the greatest city to play in first! Honestly, I would be happy if we matched Teague's offer sheet. But if he doesn't want to be here, then why force him to? Sign someone like Mo Williams to help Schröder develop.

No real damage is done with Teague that $32M can't solve. Not a concern at all if the decision is to match. Teague will get on board and like it.

You are annoying for real. If you are going to hate, at least acknowledge his less than ideal role and personnel grouping but you never do.

You can hug the nuts of a guy who has proven he is nothing but a chucker in all 4 of his nba seasons. Ellis and Teague are better players, simple. I dont want Smooves little brother. Theres a reason your left wide open Brandon.

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 1

No real damage is done with Teague that $32M can't solve. Not a concern at all if the decision is to match. Teague will get on board and like it.

If he didn't attack Ferry personally it would of been cool. I think he went to far.

uuuh, yeah - I don't know who is paying Jennings 11 mil or more.

...Interesting. That what people usually say until the players get paid. Jenning is 4 years younger than Monta. Call me crazy but I think he has more potential AND I think he's a more complete player. I mean at least you know he's your PG. You don't know what Monta Ellis is, what you want him to do, or if you should let him do that. If Monta Ellis is Josh Smith, Jennings is...I don't know...not as bad as Josh Smith.

You can hug the nuts of a guy who has proven he is nothing but a chucker in all 4 of his nba seasons. Ellis and Teague are better players, simple. I dont want Smooves little brother. Theres a reason your left wide open Brandon.

Except Brandon hasn't been left wide open in two years. Brandon's issues is iso scoring and finishing in the paint. If you actually look into the stats instead of make silly abrasive opinions, you would see that.

...Interesting. That what people usually say until the players get paid. Jenning is 4 years younger than Monta. Call me crazy but I think he has more potential AND I think he's a more complete player. I mean at least you know he's your PG. You don't know what Monta Ellis is, what you want him to do, or if you should let him do that. If Monta Ellis is Josh Smith, Jennings is...I don't know...not as bad as Josh Smith.

The biggest issue is Ellis is proven in this league and Jennings isn't. Ellis is a SG and those are hard to find and Jennings is a PG and those are readily available. So if Jennings has more potential and talent than Ellis, it wouldn't play a role in FA unless he has produced at that level.