• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Billy Knight's draft picks are almost gone with little to show

GST

Billy Knight's draft picks:2003: Boris Diaw, Travis Hansen2004: Josh Childress, Josh Smith, Donta Smith, Royal Ivey2005: Marvin Williams, Salim Stoudamire2006: Shelden Williams, Solomon Jones2007: Al Horford, Acie LawAl Horford is the only one still with the team.Of the ex-Hawks, 5 were traded to another team, the rest left without the Hawks receiving compensation.Diaw and two 1st round picks were traded for Joe Johnson.Childress was finally traded for a 2nd round pick which eventually became Mike Scott.Marvin was traded for Devin Harris.Shelden was part of the Mike Bibby trade.Acie was part of the Jamal Crawford trade.My point here is the Hawks have done an extremely poor job of preserving the value of high 1st round picks. I think we could have gotten quite a bit more for Josh Childress, Josh Smith, and Marvin Williams if we had not sat on them.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Billy Knight's draft picks:2003: Boris Diaw, Travis Hansen2004: Josh Childress, Josh Smith, Donta Smith, Royal Ivey2005: Marvin Williams, Salim Stoudamire2006: Shelden Williams, Solomon Jones2007: Al Horford, Acie LawAl Horford is the only one still with the team.Of the ex-Hawks, 5 were traded to another team, the rest left without the Hawks receiving compensation.Diaw and two 1st round picks were traded for Joe Johnson.Childress was finally traded for a 2nd round pick which eventually became Mike Scott.Marvin was traded for Devin Harris.Shelden was part of the Mike Bibby trade.Acie was part of the Jamal Crawford trade.My point here is the Hawks have done an extremely poor job of preserving the value of high 1st round picks. I think we could have gotten quite a bit more for Josh Childress, Josh Smith, and Marvin Williams if we had not sat on them.

Welcome to the important part of GMing.

It's sad that we got more for Josh Childress than we got for Josh Smith.

It's sad that we got more for Acie and Shelden than we will get for Joe.

What bugs me is that last year, we knew we were going nowhere in the playoffs yet we denied every deal for Josh Smith.. Then this offseason, it's like we didn't even talk to him.

This Elitism from the FO is not going to work.

There were some bad picks but you're ignorant if you think that Horford, Smith, Childress, and Marvin weren't a part of a successful few years here.

• Like 1

Only 4 of them are still in the NBA too. Sad, sad drafting.

One was amnestied and two didn't have the 4th year options on their rookie contracts picked up too. Just poor value all around but it is a tad bit shocking that Diaw and Ivey were probably his least touted selections yet they are still around.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This is so true. If they dont match Teague it reeks of elitism and ego. This ship will be sunk fast with that attitude.

Lol. What? Not matching Jeff Teague potrays elitism and ego? C'mon, you can't seriously believe that.

Nah, they've just done a piss poor job of drafting. Period. End of discussion.The fact that none of those misfires by BK has done next to nothing since leaving here says more than enough. Again, we wouldn't be having a debate on tanking if even a C-list GM was in charge a decade ago. I don't even want to talk about it anymore...

• Like 1

Nah, they've just done a piss poor job of drafting. Period. End of discussion.The fact that none of those misfires by BK has done next to nothing since leaving here says more than enough. Again, we wouldn't be having a debate on tanking if even a C-list GM was in charge a decade ago.I don't even want to talk about it anymore...

We have to start drafting Production instead of upside, upside has been VERY unkind the past 10 years