• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does Ferry have a flair for the dramatic.. is this dumb.. or is it a lie?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Ken Berger @KBergCBSThe Hawks' intention all along was to keep Teague, not sign-and-trade him to the Bucks, source says.33 minutes ago

Ken Berger @KBergCBSAtlanta front office decided two days ago it would match the four-year, $32M offer for Teague, league source says.35 minutes ago

We decided 2 days ago?? SO what was this wait about? To make Teague feel less wanted? To Mindfreak (Cris Angel style) the Milwaukee Fans.

or

IS it a lie?

Edited by Diesel

Ken Berger @KBergCBSThe Hawks' intention all along was to keep Teague, not sign-and-trade him to the Bucks, source says.33 minutes ago

Ken Berger @KBergCBSAtlanta front office decided two days ago it would match the four-year, $32M offer for Teague, league source says.35 minutes ago

We decided 2 days ago?? SO what was this wait about? To make Teague feel less wanted? To Mindfreak (Cris Angel style) the Milwaukee Fans.

or

IS it a lie?

I have to admit that I don't understand if they made their decision (which, I think was the correct one) why wait two days to make it public? Is there any chance that the Hawks at least informed Teague of their decision when they made it?

• Moderators

If the intent was to screw with the Bucks by tying up their cap space, I hope they informed Teague of their intent to match. It may, however, have been to negotiate with other potential free agents and after seeing their price point decide which direction to go in which case it would have been better not to tell Teague much of anything.

• Like 1

• Moderators

What's the purpose of screwing with a potential trade partner? It's obvious they wanted to explore alternatives, then decided to re-sign him today.

Who's buying that they decided 2 days ago? We were born at night Danny Ferry, not last night.

I can see them deciding to sign him 2 days ago...if some other players didn't come through with a better offer. If Jennings' agent was telling them $12M/per then they might have given them a chance to move down to a certain point and when it didn't happen they pulled the trigger, for example.

• Premium Member

It is called a Business .....people...I think we are probably the only fan base that doesnt seem to get that...smdh

Exactly

The problem in this is that you continue to keep up the perception that we really don't want Teague.

Let's all admit, Teague was jolted by the free agent process and specifically about being a restricted Free Agent. This happens to a lot of pros. However, Ferry who doesn't seem to have a good "bed side manner" did things that seem to make it worse.

THAT's NOT business. That's foolishness.

• Moderators

The problem in this is that you continue to keep up the perception that we really don't want Teague.

That perception was projected loud and clear. It is now time to get with the warm and fuzzy and try to repair the damage.

• Premium Member

I can see them deciding to sign him 2 days ago...if some other players didn't come through with a better offer. If Jennings' agent was telling them $12M/per then they might have given them a chance to move down to a certain point and when it didn't happen they pulled the trigger, for example.

That still doesn't fly. Berger said... The front office "DECIDED" 2 days ago. "The Plan Never was to Sign and Trade or Let Teague walk."

It's outstandingly dumb to wait this long if they decided 2 days ago. It's down right DwightHowardish.

• Moderators

That still doesn't fly. Berger said... The front office "DECIDED" 2 days ago. "The Plan Never was to Sign and Trade or Let Teague walk."

It's outstandingly dumb to wait this long if they decided 2 days ago. It's down right DwightHowardish.

Obviously, they still had reservations or interest somewhere else. It was not a situation where they were resigning him no matter what unless they thought there was some real strategic advantage for the interim that never came to pass. I think they were talking to some FAs about bargain pricing and it didn't happen so they went with what they had decided 2 days ago - to keep Teague absent a great deal.

I call that spinning a 3/4 truth.

That still doesn't fly. Berger said... The front office "DECIDED" 2 days ago. "The Plan Never was to Sign and Trade or Let Teague walk." It's outstandingly dumb to wait this long if they decided 2 days ago. It's down right DwightHowardish.

no you are just adding drama . Your post are getting dwightish
  • Like 1

Let's all admit, Teague was jolted by the free agent process and specifically about being a restricted Free Agent. This happens to a lot of pros. However, Ferry who doesn't seem to have a good "bed side manner" did things that seem to make it worse.

THAT's NOT business. That's foolishness.

Ok so that means you were privy to phone calls that Ferry had with Teague after he sign the offer sheet? Ferry doesnt have to make all his moves public just appease people who dont understand that this is a business. Teague knows now that this is a business so he best bring his best every night b/c his replacement his right behind him.....

• Like 1

It's about keeping your options open. When you are given three days to make a decision you don't make it within 5 minutes. You come to a conclusion about what's likely your decision and then you take the rest of the time to explore other areas of interest. I know you don't understand this because you seem to be the most irrational person on the face of the planet so you probably run into situations without thinking it through. Of course we have a professional in charge who realizes that keeping calm and going through the process is the correct course of action.

• Like 2

Pros understand the business and will take not being immediately signed and sealed as a sign that they still have something to prove. Putting the blame on DF who has to make shrewd business moves for the betterment of the franchise is just sour grapes from those who put their personal feelings in unison with what the organization should do. Diesel, myself nor anyone here's opinion on what should have happened with Teague matters one iota. What matters is DF was patient to see a price tag put on Teague and then decide if it was worth it to keep him or let him go. Why does everything have to be so dramatic?

• Like 3

• Moderators

Pros understand the business and will take not being immediately signed and sealed as a sign that they still have something to prove. Putting the blame on DF who has to make shrewd business moves for the betterment of the franchise is just sour grapes from those who put their personal feelings in unison with what the organization should do. Diesel, myself nor anyone here's opinion on what should have happened with Teague matters one iota. What matters is DF was patient to see a price tag put on Teague and then decide if it was worth it to keep him or let him go. Why does everything have to be so dramatic?

No kidding. There is due diligence plus Monta just got signed so who knows maybe if they could have gotten Monta they let Teague walk. I doubt it but there is no point to doing anything with RFAs until you have to. The Hawks will be paying Jeff $8 million for 4 years so its hard to imagine him staying pissed about not feeling the love. He's going to like playing with a functional team for hopefully a very decisive and supportive coach.

• Like 2