• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trashing Teague

Vol4ever

I have been more than on the record as a Teague detractor and do not think he is our long term answer, however I am glad he will be back to help mentor our young guards and hope he has a great season...my issue is I think he has already hit his ceiling and I am just not personally in love with his game or giving and average PG a hefty raise...this just reeks of the Duckman deal to me...Just me $.02...

Probably about the same as those of you who have bashed Ferry for the past few weeks. Hypocrisy is fun right?

Exactly. We might not like the Teague signing but at least we didn't make 5 or 6 threads a day just to give our opinion on it like a certain someone did with Ferry all week long.

Schro may not be ready yet, but he did make the ESPN top 10 after only his first game after the hawks drafted him. Not that that is the end all be all, but I can't recall the last time I saw Teague on there. I really hope he out plays his 8 mil per though. More power to him. Go Hawks, Go Teague.

Schro may not be ready yet, but he did make the ESPN top 10 after only his first game after the hawks drafted him. Not that that is the end all be all, but I can't recall the last time I saw Teague on there.I really hope he out plays his 8 mil per though. More power to him. Go Hawks, Go Teague.

We didnt have a summer league team Jeff's rookie year that's why. He averaged 16 points and 4 assists on 52% shooting his sophomore year when we did

let me say this, Teague can really shoot the ball. he's just too damn scared though. I hate when he is open and pass the ball to Josh for a 3pt shot. Lol

he's not scared, he's just still finding his way as a player. He thinks too much. What would u do if u had coach telling u to be aggressive while your "leader" is always getting on u about getting everyone involved, all while trying to prove the doubters wrong that u can be a facillitator, and not just a scoring PG?

he's not scared, he's just still finding his way as a player. He thinks too much. What would u do if u had coach telling u to be aggressive while your "leader" is always getting on u about getting everyone involved, all while trying to prove the doubters wrong that u can be a facillitator, and not just a scoring PG?

There is a lot of truth to this. We will find out very shorty just how much heart this kid really has as he has zero excuses.

I don't want to sound like I think Teague is the next Magic or Stockton at all. He clearly has flaws in his game. However he has reduced the flaws each year I have watched him. Could he be more aggressive at times. YES! But until last year he got yanked for any mistake and had Kirk Henrich and Mike Bibby going in any time he screwed up. That will make anyone play not to make mistakes. Last year was the first time he didn't have to deal with that and he had his best year as a pro.Also, a lot of complaints have said he is no floor general. I played point for a High school coach (I realize that is a far way from the NBA) that could not decide definitely who the offense was going to flow through. That will drive you crazy and make you indecisive (work the ball to Horf in the post, give it up to Josh for a wide open shot he cant hit at high percent, or just take it to rack if a see a crease then get grilled if you guess wrong.Drew definitely had that problem last year with his constant line up changes. It is real hard to develop a consistent and fluid offense when you are told to push your offense through a different player every night. And Many player played outside the offense with no real consequence. The motion offense we ran also pulled the ball out of Jeff's hands a lot. How many times did Josh refuse to give up the ball and break Jeff's flow and game last year. That said, he also consistently found Josh open out at 18' plus a lot when the other team gave him that shot. Very few,if any of us knowing those passes were exactly what Drew wanted. Most of those good passes lead to bricks long rebound and forced him to scramble into transition D. His outside shot has improved every year, his floater has improved, he can finish above the rim, and he denies lane access much better now. All things posters here have complained about.I think that with a clear offensive system and a stable lineup he may show much better court vision because he knows where the ball is supposed to go and how he needs to position Horford, Milsap, and Korver who will do their jobs. If Jeff's ability to finish at the rim improves as much as the other areas of his game and his floater gets more consistent his points should increase. No Josh should help that as well because his PF will stay on the block for dumps and not force floaters he may not have wanted to take. These improvements are not out of the question based on prior improvements in previous shortcomings to his gameCoach Bud hopefully will provide the consistency in game planning and line ups so Jeff can reflexively execute an offensive plan with stability. I really think 18 and 8 is doable next (he already had fewer turnovers and bonehead shots that Jennings). Also, the I don't want to be here next year seemed more a they don't want me here bad enough, that might be just the chip on a shoulder he needs to go to the next level in aggressiveness to show he deserved better.Jeff has improved every year and is the best point we have had in years, better coaching, more team first players, the possibly he won't be coached to feed J-Brick when the other team is daring him to shoot, and a coach that has worked with an elite PG in Tony Parker give me hope Jeff shocks some folks next year. I could be utterly wrong but most of the points people are claiming to be so superior have never lead a team any further into the playoffs then Jeff. Lets all hope he balls out like a boss next year and is a borderline All-Star. Even if Shredder proves to be Rondo 2.0 we have a nice trade chip to fill out another need. (I think that is possible too but not this year). But if Teague breaks out in a perfect system and we have two all vet studs at center and PG to attract that third free agent to put us over the top. Teague has played well if not consistently spectacular so let's give him out full support and see if he can shock us next year. Worse case we have a contract that is not unbearable if Teague plays his last two years as a quality back up and will be an expiring asset in year four.I just can't wait for next year when we see if Bud is a good as we hope, if Horford can be the man, if Josh was more trouble than his stat stuffing lines were worth, and most importantly if Jeff Teague ends up being a real steal at this price.Go Hawks!!!!

• Like 1

Columbus pretty much summed it up. We all realize he has work to do on both ends in the PNR and his attitude could use some more fire and consistency, but you don't let an impact player who is steadily improving walk for reasonable dough. The one thing Columbus didn't mention that many of us take or granted is his attendance. Since he's been a starter, he's missed only two games. I hate players who aren't available, so it's only right I praise those who always are. 1.5 steals per and .88 from the line are also impressive.

I have been more than on the record as a Teague detractor and do not think he is our long term answer, however I am glad he will be back to help mentor our young guards and hope he has a great season...my issue is I think he has already hit his ceiling and I am just not personally in love with his game or giving and average PG a hefty raise...this just reeks of the Duckman deal to me...Just me $.02...

Hit his ceiling? Wow. Just wait and see...........
  • Like 1