• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My take on Danny "treadmill" Ferry

NBASupes

You never know in this league

Your right, the problem is, what's the point. Who is there to trade that would get us a haul. There is no one from the last two drafts I really want for Horf. Clearly A. Davis but NO isn't trading him. I would love to trade him for Wiggins but the team who gets that pick won't.

Plus lets not forget the 2016 unprotected Mavs picks the Thunder have that could easily be Ben Simmons who could be the greatest Australian player in NBA history

lol, but on a serious note, that kid Dante Exum from Australia is going to be the next elite SG.

So we lost Devin, Zaza, and Smoove and replaced them with Milsap and Carroll from the treadmill Jazz. We are probably going to bring back Tolly and Ivan. #Gohawks #treadmill #bums #clowns #barnumbailey

There is a great chance we will win 40-42 games and barely miss the playoffs.

• Like 1

Your right, the problem is, what's the point. Who is there to trade that would get us a haul. There is no one from the last two drafts I really want for Horf. Clearly A. Davis but NO isn't trading him. I would love to trade him for Wiggins but the team who gets that pick won't.

I guess bitchin and complaining about the Hawks turned out to be more fun for you than rooting for New Orleans.

• Like 1

• Moderators

My quick reaction to this thread:

(a) I see us on a path for treadmill results this season (6th to 10th in the East) but Ferry absolutely deserves more time. His offseason isn't over let alone his entire season.

(b) Please don't let me ever see the Bobcats referred to as typical anything. They are the new example of extreme incompetence. If you want to talk about teams that have been in the tank for a few years typically acquiring assets who haven't yet been enough to make the jump talk about the Wizards, Trailblazers, Pistons and Cavs. They are typical teams hanging around trying to build through the lottery. A typical "tanking" team acquires some good assets even with some misses along the way.

• Like 2

Didnt this guy say he was done? And that he was a pelicans fan?Why the heck are message boards magnets for mental health pateints?

Yeah, I thought he and all his uber negativity were headed elsewhere after that post (including the very funny Michael Scott closing the door gif).

Didnt this guy say he was done? And that he was a pelicans fan?Why the heck are message boards magnets for mental health pateints?

Yeah man I can't wait until he leaves....so much negativeness...damn bro we know about the hawks bad decisions and I agree I too have a little doubt in ferry but I'm going give him time.We all know you don't like Teague but until he doesn't improve over a season it's completely different thank Marvin Williams.Seriously man if you aren't a hawks fan please do us a favor and disappear! Why do you care what ferry is doing your a pelican fan now! We know we aren't a great team we don't need the negativity all the time...I get your mad I am too but I interested to see what this team can do that ferry puts together and by the way....nobody knows what ferry is planning on doing nobody! I'm not ready to call him a ASG puppet yet!Also give ferry some credit! He did go after superstars this free agency and I'm sure he gave it his best shot! The hawks are trying man they really are! Give the team some slack guy.

My quick reaction to this thread:

(a) I see us on a path for treadmill results this season (6th to 10th in the East) but Ferry absolutely deserves more time. His offseason isn't over let alone his entire season.

(b) Please don't let me ever see the Bobcats referred to as typical anything. They are the new example of extreme incompetence. If you want to talk about teams that have been in the tank for a few years typically acquiring assets who haven't yet been enough to make the jump talk about the Wizards, Trailblazers, Pistons and Cavs. They are typical teams hanging around trying to build through the lottery. A typical "tanking" team acquires some good assets even with some misses along the way.

I think your typical lottery team right now is the Washington Wizards. That's what nbastar or whatever in the hell his name is wants us to become. They have had three top 3 picks in the past 4 years, and have been in the top 6 every year. They still aren't close to being a playoff team and will likely be picking in the top 5 again next year. After four seasons, the Wizards will still be picking at the top of the lottery. I thought tanking and getting high picks were supposed to help you win?

The fact of the matter is, this is the most likely result of tanking teams. Bad teams more often than not stay bad until they have the epiphany that drafting at the top of the lottery every year isn't the way to go and actually signs players that can help them win in the immediate.

The Cavaliers are another example. They have had 4 picks in the top 4 over the past 3 years, and they are still one of the worst teams in basketball looking at another top 5 pick after this season.

Where is the James Harden on this roster?

My hope is that we are trying to be the next Houston, just stock up on assets and wait patiently for a star to become available. Right now I'd say we have 7-8 players will actual worth, if you count the 1st round picks. Then if we are lucky, Ferry can pick up 1-2 more valuable pieces with our remaining money. That's a lot of pieces that can be packaged up with picks to get the star we need. With some luck, we are the NEXT Houston, or even the next Denver. Edited by HawksBalla

Treadmill teams like to treadmill. At best, we are a 8th seed, at worst we are drafting between 9th-12th. We are officially in Basketball purgatory. Congrats. Now I now exactly how Diesel felt when we resigned Marvin Williams. Like this stupid organization is not smart at all. Why waste cap space on mediocre Jeff Teague?

Danny Ferry is basically keeping status quo for ASG who are the owners. They don't want to be a bad team no matter what. They just have no interest in it. They been there, done that before and they rather sell non-enjoyable crap that has a chance to win 50% of their games than bad basketball with a chance to win 25-30% of their games and a chance at Andrew Wiggins. I am disappointing at ASG and Danny Ferry. Both have lost all my respect. Danny Ferry roster decision in my opinion is worse than BK. BK drafted poorly but he signed and trade for us to get Bibby for nothing, Jamal Crawford for nothing and signed an 6th time All Star in Joe Johnson. I seen Milsap often in Utah. I am not really impressed at all. He's a good player but we are fooling are self's if we think he is even a tenth as impactful as Smoove.

This is your Atlanta Hawks. Welcome to NBA purgatory.

Posted Image

My problem with this is that there are perpetual treadmill lottery teams, too.

I'm fine with most of the moves DF has made, but I'm not sure if he's in the mindset of stockpiling assets or not. Remember that trade he did for Jeremy Tyler at the deadline? He basically gave away a second rounder for a guy who was then almost immediately cut. Seems like it would have been better to bundle it with something else for picks next year. Still haven't been able to figure out the purpose of that move.

• Like 1