• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My take on Danny "treadmill" Ferry

NBASupes

• Premium Member

My hope is that we are trying to be the next Houston, just stock up on assets and wait patiently for a star to become available. Right now I'd say we have 7-8 players will actual worth, if you count the 1st round picks. Then if we are lucky, Ferry can pick up 1-2 more valuable pieces with our remaining money. That's a lot of pieces that can be packaged up with picks to get the star we need. With some luck, we are the NEXT Houston, or even the next Denver.

No one is trading a star player for our players. The OKC situation is not going to be the norm of what happens. Looking at the league now, what OKC situation is currently out there?

My hope is that we are trying to be the next Houston, just stock up on assets and wait patiently for a star to become available. Right now I'd say we have 7-8 players will actual worth, if you count the 1st round picks. Then if we are lucky, Ferry can pick up 1-2 more valuable pieces with our remaining money. That's a lot of pieces that can be packaged up with picks to get the star we need. With some luck, we are the NEXT Houston, or even the next Denver.

I get so tired of the Houston example. Houston traded Samuel Dalembert (a guy fans are dying to sign now), a 2nd rounder and their own LOTTO pick (14) to move up all of 2 spots to pick 12 and selected Jeremy Lamb. They then turned Kyle Lowry, a comparable PG to Teague on a much more favorable contract into another conditional lotto pick from one of the worst teams in the league. Finally they packaged that with Kevin Martin, one of the top scorers in league additionally on an expiring contract for a player on a team that just so happened to feel that they couldn't afford 4 max contracts. Houston did this in one summer, folks. They didn't spend years acquiring assets with the interest of trading them. They were genuinely trying to win it all with their own version of money ball before it finally dawned on them that stars win in this league and not "metrics". So they blew it completely up and were set to have a dozen mid-tier rookies be their season's rotation before they lucked into the Harden situation. Most people would call that rebuilding but for some reason people are trying to lie to themselves and call it some extension of their previous plan rather than the complete 180 that it actually was.People who think that a Harden situation is always around the corner probably also feel that the Hawks could get out of Joe's contract whenever they felt like it and most likely gotten a greater return too than what the team did. Hate the lottery because it takes luck or it's "rigged" but think that an even less likely perfect storm of events is awaiting you around every corner.
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

I get so tired of the Houston example. Houston traded Samuel Dalembert (a guy fans are dying to sign now), a 2nd rounder and their own LOTTO pick (14) to move up all of 2 spots to pick 12 and selected Jeremy Lamb. They then turned Kyle Lowry, a comparable PG to Teague on a much more favorable contract into another conditional lotto pick from one of the worst teams in the league. Finally they packaged that with Kevin Martin, one of the top scorers in league additionally on an expiring contract for a player on a team that just so happened to feel that they couldn't afford 4 max contracts.Houston did this in one summer, folks. They didn't spend years acquiring assets with the interest of trading them. They were genuinely trying to win it all with their own version of money ball before it finally dawned on them that stars win in this league and not "metrics". So they blew it completely up and were set to have a dozen mid-tier rookies be their season's rotation before they lucked into the Harden situation. Most people would call that rebuilding but for some reason people are trying to lie to themselves and call it some extension of their previous plan rather than the complete 180 that it actually was.People who think that a Harden situation is always around the corner probably also feel that the Hawks could get out of Joe's contract whenever they felt like it and most likely gotten a greater return too than what the team did. Hate the lottery because it takes luck or it's "rigged" but think that an even less likely perfect storm of events is awaiting you around every corner.

^

I am so sick and tired of people bleating "We can be like Houston!" when what Houston pulled us was an extremely rare case. They got a budding superstar from a team that already HAD TWO SUPERSTARS and an ownership that refused to pay the luxury tax. What are the odds of that happening again?

Here is the problem with a full on tank. If you tank no good free agent will come to your city. So you will have to rely solely on young draftees. Heres the problem. You can pick top 5 guys in the draft every year but each one needs at least 2 years to develop. So if youre lucky enough to get them all decent at the same time, sweet! But what happens 99% of the time is you draft a guy high and then lose lose lose throughout his whole contract and he leaves or you trade him. Then it becomes a revolving door for your draftees to leave because you arent winning a championship on any of these guys rookie deals. You would have yo get lucky to keep 2 of them and hope after 5+ years enough talent has stuck around to get you somewhere.This is why teams like Washington, toronto, charlotte, milwaukee, minnesotta, etc. are always losing teams. They cant win in time that they have the rookie conteacts so guys leave or get traded. Lamarcus aldridge, kevin love, and john wall will be the next ones to leave.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Want to know the real problem with the Houston/Harden model? Houston only got Harden after OKC was rejected by teams that had tanked for better lottery talent - Wizards' Beal; Toronto's Jonas, etc. Houston fit that one through the eye of the needle.

• Like 1

I want to thank the posters who left real discussion and say be gone to the ones who attacked me personally because they don't agree with what I say. If you don't agree, say so like several others but attacking me is low and shows that what I am saying about Ferry is 100% true and you can't deny it.

• Like 1

Want to know the real problem with the Houston/Harden model? Houston only got Harden after OKC was rejected by teams that had tanked for better lottery talent - Wizards' Beal; Toronto's Jonas, etc. Houston fit that one through the eye of the needle.

The Houston model evolved so much luck. So much luck. That's the whole problem with everything. I see far more examples of treadmill teams like the Hawks than examples of Houston in the last 20 years.

• Moderators

Ima give Ferry 2 or 3 seasons to judge him. If nothing changes and we are still the same 40 win team with the same players ima officially declare him another ASG puppet.

Its crazy that Ferry gave us so much hope. Im not sure anything changes until ASG is gone.

Wish more folks had this same attitude... Everyone is all about the present and what Ferry is doing NOW and doesn't think one minute about the future and what he is going to do. Fans act like building a contender happens over night. We missed out on the big names this offseason and there is no one left that will help us towards a title. Building a contender is a process of getting a piece here and there and jumping on opportunities as they present themselves. We may have to wait another 4 seasons before we get that guy that puts us over the top.

Wish more folks had this same attitude... Everyone is all about the present and what Ferry is doing NOW and doesn't think one minute about the future and what he is going to do. Fans act like building a contender happens over night. We missed out on the big names this offseason and there is no one left that will help us towards a title. Building a contender is a process of getting a piece here and there and jumping on opportunities as they present themselves. We may have to wait another 4 seasons before we get that guy that puts us over the top.

Sorry, when BK drafted Josh Chill, I was skeptical about his drafting skills but drafting Smoove which was a no brainer was also a great pick. Didn't like or understand the Donta Smith pick but the Smoove pick gave me some hope. When he drafted Marvin over Deron and CP3, I lost all hope in his drafting. I knew right then and there, he wasn't shit.

I didn't need to see him botch up the Shelden draft to see that he was terrible. I seen he was terrible when he drafted Marvin and then he drafted guys like Salim and Cenk who rarely stayed if played at all in the NBA.

I don't need five years to see if my QB sucks ass or has limited potential. I don't need five years to say, well, that RG3 fella can really play. I don't need five years. The bottom line is in Ferry's two years. He was done an amazing job in the draft. We have drafted potential studs and starters with all of our draft picks as far as I can see it. He has been money on the draft and was so in Cleveland and San Antonio.

His issue in Cleveland hasn't changed one bit. He doesn't understand his personnel again. He brought in unmotivated talent (Larry Hughes) over fit in free agency and paid Hughes max money. Hughes always had these amazing contract years, stunk in other seasons and didn't fit with Lebron. It was like, you are suppose to be this smart man but BK can see what his strengths and weaknesses are a mile away, why can't this Duke grad and smart man figure that out. People said Ferry was fired because Bron left but he didn't do much to keep Bron in Cleveland and he had options. Any GM that's good at trades could have make some decent moves to build around Lebron. His best move was Mo Williams. That was it and Milwaukee needed and wanted to get rid of Mo. It wasn't like Mo was on the market for no reason.

I see him in Atlanta and I think the same thing. Why are you signing Pau Milsap when you have Al Horford? His fit is redundant to Horf. While Smoove and Horf wasn't no good fit, it was a fit. Milsap and Horf isn't a fit and the fact that you are paying him nearly 10 mil per is beyond me.

The Jeff Teague signing is one of the worst moves I've seen since the those Babcock trades of Deke and Smitty for Kukoc and J.R. Rider. It made zero sense. If you want to play PnR Basketball, your star only excel greatly at the PnR offensively, and you want to run a complex offense, why the F**K are you signing Jeff Teague? He is the opposite of that. Not saying he isn't a good talent. Not saying he can't be a top 50 NBA player. But he will NEVER be that type of PG. He isn't even that good of a PG to being with. It's just incompetency to a tenth degree. This is what he has been of Danny Ferry dating back to his time with Cleveland. So while we kill BK on his GM skill-set. I will kill Ferry on his GM skill-set.

Ferry has been littered with bad personnel decisions dating back to Cleveland. BK has been littered with bad drafts and scouting dating back to Memphis. Sometimes you are what you are. Dell Harris no matter where he coaches has the same strengths and weaknesses.

• Like 1

If you want an Oscar winning movie, you don't get Chris Rock to be your leading actor.

If you want an Oscar winning movie, you don't get Jude Law to be your leading actor.

If you want an Oscar winning movie, you get Denzel Washington to be your leading actor.

If you want an Oscar winning movie, you get Leo DiCaprio to be your leading actor.

If you want a NBA championship roster, you get Pat Riley to be your GM.

If you don't want a NBA championship roster, you get Billy Knight to be your GM.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Larry Bird to me is a great GM. He is great at drafting, solid at personnel decisions and doesn't waste money. Look at his moves for Indy. All of the players who have been a waste have been cheaply signed. His heavy hitters, Hibbert, Granger, PG, West, and Hill have been paid and worth the money and they fit. He doesn't waste major money on non-fits like Ferry has dating back to Cleveland. He too like Ferry has been great at scouting and drafting. He rarely waste picks. Even the Hansbrough helped even if it wasn't a home run like some others for Indy.

Ferry shoulda resigned smoove and signed Smooves mini me Brandon Jennings cuz they both got swagger and can not only shoot the rock but the whole fkn brick.

Ferry did the right thing letting Smoove go, if you are paying Jennings 8 mil or paying Teague 8 mil and your roster is like Atlanta's, you sign Jennings ten out of ten times. It's not even questionable. Even if Jennings isn't a good fit for a complex offense, he at least can do the fundamental things needed in this offense which is the PnR. Jeff can't. Like I said, Ferry has been mirrored by bad personnel decisions dating back from his days in Cleveland.

Jennings has a better shooting percentage if 3pt range and mid range than Jeff. The gap finishing at the basket and transition offense heavily leading for Jeff gives you the difference in FG%.

• Moderators

Sorry, when BK drafted Josh Chill, I was skeptical about his drafting skills but drafting Smoove which was a no brainer was also a great pick. Didn't like or understand the Donta Smith pick but the Smoove pick gave me some hope. When he drafted Marvin over Deron and CP3, I lost all hope in his drafting. I knew right then and there, he wasn't shit. I didn't need to see him botch up the Shelden draft to see that he was terrible. I seen he was terrible when he drafted Marvin and then he drafted guys like Salim and Cenk who rarely stayed if played at all in the NBA. I don't need five years to see if my QB sucks ass or has limited potential. I don't need five years to say, well, that RG3 fella can really play. I don't need five years. The bottom line is in Ferry's two years. He was done an amazing job in the draft. We have drafted potential studs and starters with all of our draft picks as far as I can see it. He has been money on the draft and was so in Cleveland and San Antonio. His issue in Cleveland hasn't changed one bit. He doesn't understand his personnel again. He brought in unmotivated talent (Larry Hughes) over fit in free agency and paid Hughes max money. Hughes always had these amazing contract years, stunk in other seasons and didn't fit with Lebron. It was like, you are suppose to be this smart man but BK can see what his strengths and weaknesses are a mile away, why can't this Duke grad and smart man figure that out. People said Ferry was fired because Bron left but he didn't do much to keep Bron in Cleveland and he had options. Any GM that's good at trades could have make some decent moves to build around Lebron. His best move was Mo Williams. That was it and Milwaukee needed and wanted to get rid of Mo. It wasn't like Mo was on the market for no reason.

The difference between now and his Cleveland days is that he didn't have the amount of power that he has now. Dan Gilbert and LeBron were in his grill constantly to build a winner around LeBron. When you have that amount of pressure to build around and keep a megastar happy, you get desperate and bring in guys like a Larry Hughes, Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison, and an old Shaq. While in SA, he was not a GM and had no say in the draft or free agency, that was R.C. Buford's job. Ferry was the organization's vice president which he means might as well have been called the team's golf course analyst. Here in Atlanta, he doesn't have those same pressures. ASG have taken there hands out of the cookie jar and let Ferry do his job. He isn't the same desperate-to-please GM he was in Cleveland. He is allowed to play his cards he in Atlanta and in two off-seasons, I say he has done a damn good job at giving this organization a future. Did anyone see that Marvin would net us Devin Harris or that JJ2's contract was tradeable?

I see him in Atlanta and I think the same thing. Why are you signing Pau Milsap when you have Al Horford? His fit is redundant to Horf. While Smoove and Horf wasn't no good fit, it was a fit. Milsap and Horf isn't a fit and the fact that you are paying him nearly 10 mil per is beyond me.

Millsap and Horford ARE NOT redundant players. Horford is a 6'10" C/F who plays in the mid-range and off of PnR's and in high-low. Horford does NOT create offense for himself like Millsap can. Millsap is a lot more talented than Horford on offense. Millsap has dribble & post moves, can drive the lane, and has a jumper. Millsap is a PF with SF game.. I know that Horford wants to be at 4 and so do all of us, but Horford at 5 works, especially with a player like Millsap next to him at 4 who lives in the post. The biggest problem with the Horford/Smith combo was that both guys wanted to play in the mid-range which made offensive rebounds and second chance points hard to get. Millsap is a more balanced alternative to Smith for Horford. All we need now is one of those 3 & D SF's and a scoring 2 guard (18 ppg) and we would have a stout starting lineup.

The Jeff Teague signing is one of the worst moves I've seen since the those Babcock trades of Deke and Smitty for Kukoc and J.R. Rider. It made zero sense. If you want to play PnR Basketball, your star only excel greatly at the PnR offensively, and you want to run a complex offense, why the F**K are you signing Jeff Teague? He is the opposite of that. Not saying he isn't a good talent. Not saying he can't be a top 50 NBA player. But he will NEVER be that type of PG. He isn't even that good of a PG to being with. It's just incompetency to a tenth degree. This is what he has been of Danny Ferry dating back to his time with Cleveland. So while we kill BK on his GM skill-set. I will kill Ferry on his GM skill-set.

Jeff Teague isn't the prototypical PG, but he is not as bad as you lead on and it makes sense for now. This is not a bad move at all. Our only other option was to not match which means Schro would become the starter. Schro is YEARS away from being ready and the worse thing that we could do for his development is throw him to the wolves and start him now. I believe Bud will be a godsend for Jeffery and I expect to see Jeff to make strides in his development. I see no reason why Jeff cannot further develop and become a more effective player. And don't even try and argue Jennings here because that dude is a headcase and is less efficient scorer than Smoove too. The Milwaukee fans hate that guy too. Not an answer for us.

Ferry has been littered with bad personnel decisions dating back to Cleveland. BK has been littered with bad drafts and scouting dating back to Memphis. Sometimes you are what you are. Dell Harris no matter where he coaches has the same strengths and weaknesses.

Ferry has been nothing but great in his moves and has done pretty much everything the fans have asked. He got rid of JJ2 and Marvin's bad deals. He signed quality, smart players while remaining flexible and kicked Smoove out of town. He got rid of the old, broken talent. He swept out the remainants of the Woody coaching staff and brought in one of the most sought after assistants in the NBA. Then he backed up that coach with Quin Snyder and other quality assistants. He has invested money into the Philips and the surrounding area in Atlanta including plans for a new practice facility. He has made efforts in strengthening our scouting and PR departments. With all of that said, I say Ferry has a fine job at GM and just because things aren't moving as quickly as a few impatient fans had hoped, doesn't make him a bad GM. The goal is still to win a title. We are not the Lakers or Heat nor was this the type of offseason where we could have made a contender overnight. Once LAC got Doc Rivers, our dream of an instant Big 3 died. It's a long, drawn-out process to making a contender and I say we are still 4 years away.

Here is the problem with a full on tank. If you tank no good free agent will come to your city. So you will have to rely solely on young draftees. Heres the problem. You can pick top 5 guys in the draft every year but each one needs at least 2 years to develop. So if youre lucky enough to get them all decent at the same time, sweet! But what happens 99% of the time is you draft a guy high and then lose lose lose throughout his whole contract and he leaves or you trade him. Then it becomes a revolving door for your draftees to leave because you arent winning a championship on any of these guys rookie deals. You would have yo get lucky to keep 2 of them and hope after 5+ years enough talent has stuck around to get you somewhere.This is why teams like Washington, toronto, charlotte, milwaukee, minnesotta, etc. are always losing teams. They cant win in time that they have the rookie conteacts so guys leave or get traded. Lamarcus aldridge, kevin love, and john wall will be the next ones to leave.

Your examples don't fit your argument. Charlotte, Washington, MILWAUKEE especially and Toronto were/are all treadmill enthusiasts. When you are trading lotto picks and expiring contracts for the likes of Nene, Jason Richardson, Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry, Rudy Gay, Jermaine O'Neal, Randy Foye, Tyrus Thomas, Tevor Ariza, Emeka Okafor, John Salmons, Drew Gooden, Richard Jefferson and JJ Redick etc. etc. etc.....you aren't intentionally tanking. Instead you are embracing, nay, striving for mediocrity by ensuring nothing but the point differential being slightly lower in your blowout losses to the Heat during the first round.People don't recognize that you can often slow down or just fall off a treadmill due to fatigue or a misstep. That has nothing to do with tanking. Smart teams know when to get off though or take a rest when they do fall. Dumb teams try to run harder or jump right back on even when the results remain the same or get worse.

The difference between now and his Cleveland days is that he didn't have the amount of power that he has now. Dan Gilbert and LeBron were in his grill constantly to build a winner around LeBron. When you have that amount of pressure to build around and keep a megastar happy, you get desperate and bring in guys like a Larry Hughes, Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison, and an old Shaq. While in SA, he was not a GM and had no say in the draft or free agency, that was R.C. Buford's job. Ferry was the organization's vice president which he means might as well have been called the team's golf course analyst. Here in Atlanta, he doesn't have those same pressures. ASG have taken there hands out of the cookie jar and let Ferry do his job. He isn't the same desperate-to-please GM he was in Cleveland. He is allowed to play his cards he in Atlanta and in two off-seasons, I say he has done a damn good job at giving this organization a future. Did anyone see that Marvin would net us Devin Harris or that JJ2's contract was tradeable?

He had the best talent in the NBA. He wasn't that hard to put talent around him, he just failed to find the pieces to do so.

He wasted a max contract which is HUGE in the NBA on Larry Hughes. Not quite sure how you want to blame others for that mistake. If Ferry can't handle pressure, he doesn't need to be a NBA GM. He had the best player in the NBA. Someone you can put average players around and get good performances from and raise their trade value. He never worked FA like San Antonio. The Shaq trade was blasphemous. Shaq was clearly a shell of himself at that point and he was Shaq in name only. That's like bragging Chicago got Iceman Gervin to play with MJ who was a shell of himself at that point. Like I said, he never had a gameplan. Not once for his personnel. He did a good job in the draft but was handicapped by trades made before he was a GM on the draft picks front.

Theses are all excuses P87 and you know it. If I want to I can make the world of excuses for Larry Drew but it was clear he wasn't a great coach just like it was clear Ferry isn't a great GM. Sorry but he has been here for two years and turned us into a pretender to a sorry ass treadmill team. He took two steps back with hopes of going twelve steps forward only to go eight steps back.

Millsap and Horford ARE NOT redundant players. Horford is a 6'10" C/F who plays in the mid-range and off of PnR's and in high-low. Horford does NOT create offense for himself like Millsap can. Millsap is a lot more talented than Horford on offense. Millsap has dribble & post moves, can drive the lane, and has a jumper. Millsap is a PF with SF game.. I know that Horford wants to be at 4 and so do all of us, but Horford at 5 works, especially with a player like Millsap next to him at 4 who lives in the post. The biggest problem with the Horford/Smith combo was that both guys wanted to play in the mid-range which made offensive rebounds and second chance points hard to get. Millsap is a more balanced alternative to Smith for Horford. All we need now is one of those 3 & D SF's and a scoring 2 guard (18 ppg) and we would have a stout starting lineup.

They are redundant. Horford is a classic PnR stretch PF. He is not a center at all. You can tell me all the of the advantages of him playing center but when push comes to serve we have always been better when a scrub center comes in to defend a good true center than Al defending good true centers. You might can get away with it in the regular season but you can't get away with it in the playoffs. Millsap is not as good offensively as Horford. This tells me you never watch the Jazz play at all. He generally is a jumpshooting tweener who has a decent faceup game like Al but they take many of the same spots on the court and this has as much of a chance of working especially with Jeff at PG as Melo and Amare on the court at the same time. 40% of Millsap's offense comes from 10-15 ft. Sounds similar to the PnR specialist who unlike Millsap is great moving without the ball.

You are doing a lot of assuming which I agree with none of it. I am looking at Millsap's adv stats, going by the times I watched Utah last year, and looking at Utah's season review... I can't help but think we are going see a total regression from Millsap and Horford due to redundancy. Like Smoove and Horf, Jefferson and Paul was a fit even if it wasn't a good fit.

Smoove and Horf fit because of defense, they are a very good fit and offensively, our best overall play was the Smoove/Horf PnR. Now there were a lot of issues with Smoove-Horf but I see a lot more with Millsap and Horford.

Jeff Teague isn't the prototypical PG, but he is not as bad as you lead on and it makes sense for now. This is not a bad move at all. Our only other option was to not match which means Schro would become the starter. Schro is YEARS away from being ready and the worse thing that we could do for his development is throw him to the wolves and start him now. I believe Bud will be a godsend for Jeffery and I expect to see Jeff to make strides in his development. I see no reason why Jeff cannot further develop and become a more effective player. And don't even try and argue Jennings here because that dude is a headcase and is less efficient scorer than Smoove too. The Milwaukee fans hate that guy too. Not an answer for us.

I am not saying he is bad. Never have. Now I hate a lot more than praise so it seems as if I am a negative nancy on Jeff which I am. At the same time, I did this with Smoove many years ago and I did this with numerous other players. If I don't see the value or I think you are completely overvalued, you are going to hear from me.

Dennis is probably a year away from being better for this team than Jeff. So the fact that I think this move is dumb is even tripled by the way I feel about resigning Jeff with Dennis on the roster. I know what you believe. I don't see it at all. You can't make someone who doesn't have the skill-set to run your offense able to run your offense. You will have to do like LD did and build a team around Teague strengths at the weaknesses of Smoove/Al than run the offense the way it suppose to be ran.

I am not going to get into Brandon anymore. There are much better options than Jeff Teague and in my opinion, he is one of them but he's not the only. Starting Dennis and putting the team in position to land Parker or Wiggins with a lot of capspace would have been ideal.

I don't see Jeff getting better than moderately. His 36/numbers look basically the same outside of assists for most of his career.

Ferry has been nothing but great in his moves and has done pretty much everything the fans have asked. He got rid of JJ2 and Marvin's bad deals. He signed quality, smart players while remaining flexible and kicked Smoove out of town. He got rid of the old, broken talent. He swept out the remainants of the Woody coaching staff and brought in one of the most sought after assistants in the NBA. Then he backed up that coach with Quin Snyder and other quality assistants. He has invested money into the Philips and the surrounding area in Atlanta including plans for a new practice facility. He has made efforts in strengthening our scouting and PR departments. With all of that said, I say Ferry has a fine job at GM and just because things aren't moving as quickly as a few impatient fans had hoped, doesn't make him a bad GM. The goal is still to win a title. We are not the Lakers or Heat nor was this the type of offseason where we could have made a contender overnight. Once LAC got Doc Rivers, our dream of an instant Big 3 died. It's a long, drawn-out process to making a contender and I say we are still 4 years away.

These moves have been shit outside of the draft. You are assuming and nothing basically off of anything but assuming. You are assuming Jeff can become a true PG. You are assuming Millsap is a better scorer when nothing says that's the case. You are assuming they are a good fit and a better fit than Smoove-Al when Smoove and Al games were completely different and based on all of their numbers, Al and Paul tend to eat in the same spots offensively and Al and Paul can't protect the rim, undersized at their position, and Millsap really isn't all the versatile. Add the fact that our guards are Jenkins and Korver, Teague on the PnR and I expect this defense to get railroaded in the regular season.

I can't lie I am assuming on Dennis and Bebe but that what you do when you are looking at a three to five year plan for them. I am looking at what Millsap, Teague, Horf, and Korver can do for us as a collective group right now and it ain't much. They can beat these young bucks like Philly and Orlando.

Honestly, I look at Woody's staff in Atlanta and it was one of the better staffs in the NBA. I said it then and will say it now. They used their personnel to the best of their ability that they were capable of with their personnel. I felt that you had two potential HC's on that staff in the guy now in Miami and LD. I felt LD's biggest mistake was making Teague own this offense at the expense of everyone else. That really pissed me off about LD.

When I look at this staff. I am impressed but I was impressed by Woody's staff as well. This is a players league, you can have great coaching and be 1st round exits like Riley and Miami in the 90's.

I don't know what the goal is, I don't think it's to win a title. This move made like paying Teague 4/32 when he doesn't fit and will be replaced in a year or two or Millsap making 10 mil per when he is redundant tells me what I knew from when he was in Cleveland. He waste money. He doesn't make smart decisions via trade and free agency. He is excellent at scouting and the draft. He should stick to his strengths, he blew our FA money on some bullshit.