• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My take on this offseason.

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

First of all I along with many were very excited going into the offseason with the most cap room and flexibility to make major moves for this franchise through trades and free agency. Well it didn't happen IMO, I will give Ferry a C- at this point. New Jersey made a major move imo and I would have rather seen that, imagine a Pierce, Garnett, Horford front line and the excitement it would have created in the ATL. DF decided to go another route and couldn't get a major free agent to sign here. I don't think Dwight wanted to play in his hometown period, so no blame can be placed on Ferry for that one, I guess. I would have tried to get all major city celebs, sports players, the mayor etc on board to recruit D12, but that is not DFs persona.All this being said it will take time for DF to do some things because IMO he is just like the previous GMs hamstrung by ownership. Our ownership has been and continues to be a joke.Wonder if ol Danny boy is rethinking coming here himself.

• Like 1

I stopped at Pierce at Garnett. Lol. Did you even see what the Nets gave up? They have a 1-2 year window to win a championship. After that they are screwed for quite a while.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I stopped at Pierce at Garnett. Lol. Did you even see what the Nets gave up? They have a 1-2 year window to win a championship. After that they are screwed for quite a while.

Do you realize they are a legit contender? You want to be middle of the pack or a contender? If Jersey don't get it done with this group that can just rebuild, but at lest they have a shot unlike us. How many times in the last 10 years have we been a contender? Answer = ZERO

• Moderators

Do you realize they are a legit contender? You want to be middle of the pack or a contender? If Jersey don't get it done with this group that can just rebuild, but at lest they have a shot unlike us. How many times in the last 10 years have we been a contender? Answer = ZERO

Jersey is a contender on paper so I have to give them props for that. They have dealt enough picks that they won't be reloading if things go bad but I approve of the KG/PP move. No point in being half pregnant.

New Jersey also has the second richest owner in the nba and one if maybe five who can afford to pay the luxury tax that cane with accruing those highly paid guy. This isn't fantasy basketball this a real life business. Not everybody has 70 million to spend in luxury tax money.

• Premium Member

His point is correct. You either have a superstar and a chance to win a title or you do not and therefore have no chance at a title. That is the reality of the NBA and anyone who thinks different is clueless.

Our team does not have a superstar. We tried to sign two and failed. The only options left are trading and drafting one. No one is going to trade us a superstar based on what we have which leaves only one viable option left. If we had simply kept our cap and let the rookie start and play we could both develop the young guys as well as probably lose enough games honestly to be assured a high draft pick.

Instead we now have a team built for yet another pointless and quite frankly laughable playoff "run". The treadmill is the worst place, literally, to be in the NBA and yet we seem to have owners forcing GMs to stay on it.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'd give this offseason a solid B+.

We drafted three guys with major upside in Moose, Bebe, and Schro. All three need to beef up, but at their age, I don't believe anyone is built. I like Schro's instincts and passing ability, but he needs a couple of moves and to develop a floater. Bebe is a great shot blocker and is good in the PnR, but needs to get more experience in an NBA offense/defense. Looked out of place and lost at numerous times. Muscala's game is solid, but definitely needs to beef up. Reminds me of Dirk still in the Beta stages. I could see Muscala being a trade chip for us in the future.

In free agency, we retained Korver and Teague and signed Millsap and DMC. I like all of these signings, but I do feel we have a few still to make. We need a backup center because I feel Bebe will get abused in extended minutes as a backup and Muscala is more of a PF right now. We also need a scoring wing to compliment Korver. I like that we retained Teague because I believe he will develop leaps and bounds under Budenholzer. Teague will finally get the coach he needs to develop into a star. My only issue is that Horford is still at 5 but after Dwight, there weren't any centers in free agency that would have been attainable. Peks is a RFA and Bynum is an injured center. Try again next year.

As this team is currently constructed, I say we win 32 games and miss the playoffs. We'll get around the 8th pick in the draft and take a wing player of some sort. Maybe we get Saric or Jabari, Randle, or someone else drops.