• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks to acquire new Center.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Worst Atlanta Hawks draft pick ever...In my ever so humble opinion...

Nope. That belongs to Marvin followed by Koncak. What makes Shelden not the worst is that his draft class was very weak. IN taking Marvin, we passed on probably 3 future Hall of famers. You can't say that same about Shelden. In taking Koncak, we passed up on the Mailman, Mullin, Shrempf, Dumars, and Oakley.

People don't like Shelden because he's a dookie and he didn't work out. However, it wasn't much to pick when we picked him. The best we could have done was Rudy Gay or Rondo (Picked 21). The fact that Rondo was picked so late suggests that nobody was really looking at him like that.

• Like 1

Nope. That belongs to Marvin followed by Koncak. What makes Shelden not the worst is that his draft class was very weak. IN taking Marvin, we passed on probably 3 future Hall of famers. You can't say that same about Shelden. In taking Koncak, we passed up on the Mailman, Mullin, Shrempf, Dumars, and Oakley.

People don't like Shelden because he's a dookie and he didn't work out. However, it wasn't much to pick when we picked him. The best we could have done was Rudy Gay or Rondo (Picked 21). The fact that Rondo was picked so late suggests that nobody was really looking at him like that.

While Shelden was / is a worse pro then Marvin .........it doesn' make him the worst Hawks lottery pick in my opinion either due to the players we passed on.

Rondo would have never been what he is now if he were not surrounded by 3 future HOF veterans who could all hit jump shots at a very good rate and do not need to be "iso style" players. They fit his drive and kick game very well and could space the floor to balance out his weakness (lack of shooting).

I mean if we had surrounded Rondo with Chillz's broken jumper, Josh "Chucker" Smith, and a teenage Marvin then Rondo's career would look much different. Remember we had know Al Horford at the time we drafted Sheldon and passed on Roy (injuries forced him out of the league), Gay, and Rondo.

Posted Image

He told me to tell everybody that the rent is DUE!!!

What's one more undersized Center Dookie?

Funny stuff. Not sure its fair to Brand though cuz at least at one time Brand could ball. Brand isnt a stiff, hez going to give us good minutes off the bench.