• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks to acquire new Center.

Diesel

Nope. That belongs to Marvin followed by Koncak. What makes Shelden not the worst is that his draft class was very weak. IN taking Marvin, we passed on probably 3 future Hall of famers. You can't say that same about Shelden. In taking Koncak, we passed up on the Mailman, Mullin, Shrempf, Dumars, and Oakley.

People don't like Shelden because he's a dookie and he didn't work out. However, it wasn't much to pick when we picked him. The best we could have done was Rudy Gay or Rondo (Picked 21). The fact that Rondo was picked so late suggests that nobody was really looking at him like that.

Agree to disagree...Marvin while a stiff was leaps and falldowns better then Sheldon...Marvin was a number two pick I get it but the fact we passed on three other players has nothing to do with either players ability on the court. Sheldon was overmatched from day one and really showed zero upside for a number 5 drat pick. i remember when we drafted him and yelling NOOOOO at David Stern! In MY OPINION he is the worst player we have picked up so high in the draft...

I will agree with you that Koncak was awful and the fact that Detroit got us to resign that bum still makes me hate the Pistons...At least John Contract tried...Sheldon was out of shape, couldn't jump and just awful...Again...my opinion...

• Premium Member

Agree to disagree...Marvin while a stiff was leaps and falldowns better then Sheldon...Marvin was a number two pick I get it but the fact we passed on three other players has nothing to do with either players ability on the court. Sheldon was overmatched from day one and really showed zero upside for a number 5 drat pick. i remember when we drafted him and yelling NOOOOO at David Stern! In MY OPINION he is the worst player we have picked up so high in the draft...

I will agree with you that Koncak was awful and the fact that Detroit got us to resign that bum still makes me hate the Pistons...At least John Contract tried...Sheldon was out of shape, couldn't jump and just awful...Again...my opinion...

The problem is that it was originally said worse pick ever.

PICK is a key word.

Is he the worst player we ever picked? That's questionable too. I mean, there's a whole heap of players who never made it out of their first year that we picked. However, your argument will then be.. but Landlord was a lottery pick. Hence, we move from worse player we ever pick to worse pick ever. In talking about worse pick ever, you have to consider what we passed up. With Marvin's pick we could have easily had an allstar at a position we needed at the time.

With Shelden's pick, at best we could have had a guy who jumped from team to team and never established himself as an allstar.

Wow Candace!!! I gotta get me the espn body issue. I've promised myself forever though that I would never support anything related to espn ..their insider crap, magazines, shows like around the horn...(I do watch pti tho sometimes)...

Worst Atlanta Hawks draft pick ever...In my ever so humble opinion...

Al Wood, Jon Koncak, Marvin Williams, and Keith Edmondson would all disagree with you. I would too because perennial All-Stars and HOFers were passed up to get those guys.Damn, its hard being a Hawks fan...
  • Like 1

SHELDON SHELDON SHELDON. YOU MAH BOY SHELDON! The first person with down syndrome to play in the NBA. How in the HELL did he marry that beautiful woman????

Equally baffling question - How did Jay Z end up with Beyonce? Talk about your beauty and the beast stories.

• Premium Member

SHELDON SHELDON SHELDON. YOU MAH BOY SHELDON! The first person with down syndrome to play in the NBA. How in the HELL did he marry that beautiful woman????

SHELDEN WILLIAMS GOT GAME!!

Posted Image

• Moderators

Yes. Knight promised Shelden. It was incredibly idiotic even if we wanted Shelden not to trade down a few spots and take him when Brandon Roy and Rudy Gay were still waiting to be taken and were pretty much universally considered better prospects. If you are going to get somebody, at least extract something so you capitalize on the interest in Brandon Roy.

Dolf may be the admin, and AHF the moderator, but I'm the self-appointed anti-bully chair.

It's never nice to make fun of someone's looks. Imagine if Shelden came here and saw some of the horrible remarks. Is that how you'd teach your children? And the Down Syndrome comments? Let's have some respect for that community.

Bullying typically comes from a place of insecurity - mocking other people to make yourself feel better. It's easy to dish it out from behind the keyboard. At ESPN.com, all comments now must come through a Facebook account - and not suprisingly, once the anonyminty was removed it took most of the viciousness with it.

Next time you're ready to bash someone, first look in the mirror and think about healthier ways to boost your confidence.

Dolf may be the admin, and AHF the moderator, but I'm the self-appointed anti-bully chair. It's never nice to make fun of someone's looks. Imagine if Shelden came here and saw some of the horrible remarks. Is that how you'd teach your children? And the Down Syndrome comments? Let's have some respect for that community Bullying typically comes from a place of insecurity - mocking other people to make yourself feel better. It's easy to dish it out from behind the keyboard. At ESPN.com, all comments now must come through a Facebook account - and not suprisingly, once the anonyminty was removed it took most of the viciousness with it. Next time you're ready to bash someone, first look in the mirror and think about healthier ways to boost your confidence.

Lmao No thanks!

Dolf may be the admin, and AHF the moderator, but I'm the self-appointed anti-bully chair.

It's never nice to make fun of someone's looks. Imagine if Shelden came here and saw some of the horrible remarks. Is that how you'd teach your children? And the Down Syndrome comments? Let's have some respect for that community.

Bullying typically comes from a place of insecurity - mocking other people to make yourself feel better. It's easy to dish it out from behind the keyboard. At ESPN.com, all comments now must come through a Facebook account - and not suprisingly, once the anonyminty was removed it took most of the viciousness with it.

Next time you're ready to bash someone, first look in the mirror and think about healthier ways to boost your confidence.

Posted Image