• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jake Peavy to Atlanta?

We tried getting him from San Diego back in 2008, so we all know Frank Wren loves him some Jake Peavy. Well now that might be a real possibility with the horrific injury of Tim Hudson. Reading around it seems the Braves are the top suitors for Jake, he would be a real work horse for us, and Chicago is looking to sell. It's a guarantee that Peavy gets traded, but where? Bud Norris from Houston is also a possibility. Any thoughts?

Edited by IllestPamfilis

It depends on the Whitesox asking price for Peavy. He would be a good fit for us. From everything I read. Wren is waiting for the price to come down on these starters. If Peavy is still with the Whitesox after the trading deadline. I could see the Braves making a deal for him in August if he passes through waivers.

Beachy start tomorrow night could have an impact on exactly what Wren ultimately does at the trading deadline. It is going to be an interesting week. We might see more teams selling at the deadline then in recent years.

• Like 1

It sounds like a bidding war might emerge on Peavy. The Red Sox have more prospects to deal than the Braves, so if they do decide to go after him, then I don't think the Braves will match.

One idea that has some potential pitfalls is trying to get Lee from Philly. You'd have to do a 3-team trade. For example,McCann going to Texas, upper level Ranger prospects to Philly and Lee to Atlanta. I'm not convinced that this is the move to make, but it gets the Braves a legit #1 guy with a ton of post season experience. The problem is that McCann is probably the best hitter on the team and has the most playoff experience. However, if McCann is going to walk next year, then you'd have to consider this or some similar deal.

http://markbowman.mlblogs.com/2013/07/30/no-need-for-the-braves-to-attempt-to-upgrade-rotation-via-the-thin-trade-market/

I know Beachy outing didn't go well. Then again name one starter coming off TJS that had a good outing in his first start back? It will probably 3-5 starts before I think Beachy start to show some consistency. Just need to hope Medlin,Julio and Minor can keep of their good pitching. If so then Braves will be fine. By Sept the rotation should be healthy.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/38676/rash-judgments-on-trade-deadline-eve

The Braves can stand pat. When Detroit’s Alex Avila hit that grand slam off Stephen Strasburg as the Braves were crushing the Rockies, it seems a symbolic moment of the Nationals’ 2013 season to me. They’re now 10 games behind the Braves and the Braves only have seven games left against teams currently over .500. At least the Nationals won’t have to worry about Strasburg’s innings in October.So the Braves don’t have to make a deal, plus Alex Wood’s strong outing against the Rockies means he should get a few more turns through the rotation. With Peavy off the market, there isn’t really a starter who is a guaranteed upgrade anyway, other than Cliff Lee and he’ll cost a fortune.

• Moderators

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/38676/rash-judgments-on-trade-deadline-eve

The Braves can stand pat. When Detroit’s Alex Avila hit that grand slam off Stephen Strasburg as the Braves were crushing the Rockies, it seems a symbolic moment of the Nationals’ 2013 season to me. They’re now 10 games behind the Braves and the Braves only have seven games left against teams currently over .500. At least the Nationals won’t have to worry about Strasburg’s innings in October.So the Braves don’t have to make a deal, plus Alex Wood’s strong outing against the Rockies means he should get a few more turns through the rotation. With Peavy off the market, there isn’t really a starter who is a guaranteed upgrade anyway, other than Cliff Lee and he’ll cost a fortune.

Good. Lets roll with it. I have faith in these Braves. There aren't many holes in this team other than the strike outs.

Found this on twitter while searching for Braves news.

• Like 2