• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should the Braves retire Andruw Jones number?

Should the Braves retire Andruw Jones number?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/forum/_/name/atl/atlanta-braves#!/topic/1372471287-550-747

I was over at the Braves espn board. I found this topic. They were asking whether Andruw number should be retired.

My initial thought was no they shouldn't do it. I went back to think about it. Then I looked over the numbers. I haven't heard Andruw being accussed of doping. Andruw is probably the Braves best defensive outfielder in their history.

I think he does deserve to get into the Braves Hall of Fame and have his number retired. I am having a tough time coming up with a reason he shouldn't go into the Braves Hall of Fame and have his number retired at the sametime.

• Moderators

He certainly needs to go to the Braves Hall of Fame. My initial reaction was no to retiring the number but then i looked at the stats too. 11 seasons with the braves. 350 hrs 1000+rbis. Best center fielder in the game. Damn. That's some great stuff.

I really don't want to believe he juiced but he did have a huge power surge there for a couple seasons.

Hell Yeah. I've never seen anyone read the ball off the bat and get such great jumps in center field like him. That alone is enough to retire him, let alone the HR and RBI numbers. He is synonymous with Turner Field: we got the most beautiful field in the Majors to go with the perfect guy to roam its center. He's a historic talent plain and simple, just like every other name in the Ring.