• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FYI: New Hawks Subforum on Atlanta Falcons Message Board

Bahamut

They've been asking for it for a while, and the mods finally added one. I've advertised Hawksquawk there for a long time too, but wanted to let you know. The mods here may want to let people know about this board was well. I'm just glad there are so many people interested in the Hawks in this city!

• Like 1

They've been asking for it for a while, and the mods finally added one. I've advertised Hawksquawk there for a long time too, but wanted to let you know. The mods here may want to let people know about this board was well. I'm just glad there are so many people interested in the Hawks in this city!

You think we should actively try and drive traffic AWAY from Hawksquawk by advertising for people to go to the Hawks board on another website??

• Like 3

Hey all jokes aside I wish I could discuss the falcons on this board more so than the falcons board. I value the opinions on hawksquawk I can't say that about the falcons boards. You guys are just smarter to me I guess. Maybe hawksquawk should make a falcons board just for us.

• Like 1

Hey all jokes aside I wish I could discuss the falcons on this board more so than the falcons board. I value the opinions on hawksquawk I can't say that about the falcons boards.You guys are just smarter to me I guess. Maybe hawksquawk should make a falcons board just for us.

Most people discuss the Falcons in the "Other Sports" forum. We could create a Falcons specific one but I don't think it really gets enough posts to warrant it. I would guess most people who want to discuss the Falcons would do it on a Falcons website... although they're more than welcome to do so here.

I post on t

Someone needs to post the Hawksquawk link over on the Falcons board - they must assume we don't exist.Well. We do exist.

I posted a thread about it over there just now. I post there a good bit, but I just don't see the point of a Hawks sub-forum on a football message board when this one is probably the most active Hawks forum on the internet.

• Like 2

You think we should actively try and drive traffic AWAY from Hawksquawk by advertising for people to go to the Hawks board on another website??

As I said, I've been doing the exact opposite (telling people over there about Hawksquawk). I posted this thread to let everyone know that there are Hawks fans elsewhere that we could recruit to Hawksquawk, which isn't connected to the team's website like the AFMB is. Posting links to Hawksquawk articles over there might be a good idea to get real Hawks fans over there to join the real discussion over here.

The mods here may want to let people know about this board was well.

By "this board," I meant Hawksquawk.

Edited by Bahamut
  • Like 1

• Admin

Exactly, that makes no sense at all to tell Hawks fans to go to another board instead of this one

Edited by capstone21

As I said, I've been doing the exact opposite (telling people over there about Hawksquawk). I posted this thread to let everyone know that there are Hawks fans elsewhere that we could recruit to Hawksquawk, which isn't connected to the team's website like the AFMB is. Posting links to Hawksquawk articles over there might be a good idea to get real Hawks fans over there to join the real discussion over here.

By "this board," I meant Hawksquawk.

I gotcha now and I appreciate it

• Like 1

Hey all jokes aside I wish I could discuss the falcons on this board more so than the falcons board. I value the opinions on hawksquawk I can't say that about the falcons boards.You guys are just smarter to me I guess. Maybe hawksquawk should make a falcons board just for us.

Most people discuss the Falcons in the "Other Sports" forum. We could create a Falcons specific one but I don't think it really gets enough posts to warrant it. I would guess most people who want to discuss the Falcons would do it on a Falcons website... although they're more than welcome to do so here.

Well I changed my mind while thinking about it over lunch and decided that there's enough traffic to justify having sub-forums for each of our Atlanta / Georgia teams so I've spent the last hour or so going back through the previous 2 years of posts in the "Other Sports" forum and breaking them out into the proper sub-forums for the Braves, Dream, Falcons and Georgia college sports. The "Other Sports" forum will still exist for things like Golf, Boxing, UFC, Cycling, Horse Racing, etc.

• Like 1

I just remembered that there's no longer a Dream forum on their official site, so they would probably appreciate the one here. There's a general site where they hang out, and if I remember where it is, I'll advertise the Hawksquawk Dream forum over there.

• Like 1