• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New England Proves a point.

Diesel

Not having the arm of joe flacco or Aaron Rodgers or stafford doesn't mean weak...that's just not his strength. He's effective at it, that's all I'm saying

He's effective but it's more about his exceptional timing. But his arm is far from weak, it's just not what you'd consider strong. Weak would be Chad 'noodle arm' Pennington, although he wasn't really full on noodle arm until his multiple shoulder injuries.

I have seen every game of his career as a falcon and its an accurate assessment of his arm strength. He has a weak arm. Everybody knows that and the offense scheme is built around that. Thats why we can't score in the redzone. for the record I don't hate Ryan i just think that the Falcons were so desperate to get the Mike Vick taste of their mouths the grabbed the first quarterback they saw. I hate the fact that he gets so much credit for team success. I want him to succeed but I am not drinking the kool aide that he is on the level with Brady, Manning and the other elites. I can see that with my own two eyes. He never catches the receivers in stride past 0-15 yards. They always have to turn around, jump, and bend all kind of ways to catch the ball. The funny part to me is that he is not a small guy by any stretch of the imagination. Jy23 how can you tell me where I get my thoughts from. Since you are a psychic let me get those powerball numbers. PS-They even mention his weak arm on Madden 13. LOL!!

Ryan doesn't have a weak arm or a strong arm either. He can sling a nice deep ball with time and threw well in intermediate range ( at least last year). I think he's got a rib injury no one is talking about and it could be affecting him.

Lets also not forget we would have won the Saints game if Jackson didn't drop a pass anyone here could have made. Lets also not forget about Toilolo dropping a game tying catch in the endzone against the Patriots. You're particularly harsh on Ryan. He's not physically as talented as Brees, Manning, Brady, and Rodgers, he's just as mentally gifted. So no, he's not elite either. However he is a top 10 QB and arguably a top 5.

I like Ryan a lot, although I can empathize with those who don't like him so much. His arm strength has improved, but he'll never be elite like a Stafford or Cutler, both of whom he's much smarter than. The main two factors I look at with a QB are arm talent and intelligence, Ryan has the second one in spades. Large hand size is very important also, which makes Drew Brees insanely accurate without a cannon. I would guess Ryan's hands are average for his size instead of very small like a Romo. I was watching Brady yesterday and half of his passes were laughably pathetic, especially in the rain with his 6th round arm talent. New England lost Brady for a season and won 11 games with Matt Cassell. Lose Vince Wilfork for one game and they can't stop the run or score a touchdown versus the Bengals. I never understood the mad rush for a "great" QB when it has been proven time and again you don't need one to win in the playoffs. If you can't look at the two Mannings and see that then I don't know what else to tell you.

Edited by benhillboy