• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Unofficial "GET HORFORD and the Hawks A C" thread

tbhawksfan

This team is in transition; unfinished..not ready to present as an acceptable product. Some nice pieces (Ferry has doone some nice work in his short time and we have Horf), but not a balanced NBA team ready to compet in the NBA. Not even ready to perform the new coach's scheme.Solution: Get a competant C to play next to Horford and grow with it. Upgrade SG; unless JJ turns into a queality starter.... ? Upgrade SF unless Carroll can do way more than he can...?Might it be that a true rebuiding; either keeping Horf or trading him is the ONLY realistic solution?

Looking forward to being able to deal Milsap and I totally agree about the SG and SF positions that is why I still don't like the drafting we have done so far. Carroll seems to always end up handling the ball. He does not handle it or distribute it well enough to have it as much as he does. I think it is schematic so we need to upgrade to a ball handling SF who can do something with it. Korver is cool for now at the SG position but he is not young and will need a replacement sooner than later.

Center might be a little tough to get but there are some guys that could be brought in, ala Asik. There are some wing guys that will be available this year that might be really worth taking a look at: Derozen, Hamilton (via Denver), and a few others that I've managed to forget right now.

This team will look very different in a few months.

We have a center! You're forgetting that Gustavo was the MVP of the FIBA Americas tournament, leading Mexico to the gold medal, and he was the leading scorer in our open scrimmage right before he got hurt. When he gets back from injury, he should be our starting C!

• Like 1

We have a center! You're forgetting that Gustavo was the MVP of the FIBA Americas tournament, leading Mexico to the gold medal, and he was the leading scorer in our open scrimmage right before he got hurt. When he gets back from injury, he should be our starting C!

You can't compare the NBA to that tournament, the NBA is atleast 10x better. And plus Gustavo is very limited offensively, and his best role right now would be backup center.

Edited by ATLHawks3

This team has not had a true center since Mtumbo. Why would we want to change that? Remember - the lack of concern about getting a center goes way back to when we traded the rights to Bill Russell away and let Zelmo Beatty sign with the ABA.Posted Image Its one thing to change a roster - its another thing to mess around with tradition.

Edited by Randy