• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A couple points about the Knicks game

Bonkers

Dennis......Dennis doesn't even look like an NBA player out there. I know it's early but I just don't see it. He looked good in the Summer League of course becuz he played against garbage but he just looks pitiful on the floor. Maybe we need to send him to the D league

This may be the worst Hawks defense I have ever seen in my life. Woooow. Do they even practice defense. They act surprised when the Knicks shot a 3 like they haven't been hitting them all game. They just eave people open like that's how u play D. I can take a bad shooting night but I cannot accept no effort on D. That is unacceptable to be that bad

And we will lose all national tv games this season

Edited by Bonkers

Carrol is terrible, such a liability. We need a quality starting SF.

Yup .... and people on here dont think Rudy Gay is the answer.....did you see him play tonight? 23 points on 8/18 shooting....6 rebounds....5steals....4 assists....2 blocks....but what most dont understand is that his 17 million dollar contract could run out this season if he opts out...which means if he doesnt work out in Atlanta....then hes off the books next season....but if he thrives in the ATL then we can possibly look to him as a long term guy.....im sure Budenholzer wont let Rudy take 37 shots like he did last game.....but trust me....if we had a guy like Rudy i really think he would flourish in our offense and would be a guy who can hit big shots in key situations....and i think since the Raptors dont want to win right now....and want a good pick then the Hawks would probably have to give up not much in return.....just some spare parts and a pick...we have no other options....Rudy is on the market and is the only SF that is really out there that is on the hot seat with his current team...Carroll can give Rudy a breather...but other than that hes useless.

I'm not saying we dont need a starting sf but I just dont think Rudy is the answer. We just got rid of one inefficient player who took bad shots, I dont want to replace him with another one who happens to be on a bad contract.

but if its only for one year and we get to see how he fits in then is it such a bad contract? because he would be off the books next season and we could then look elsewhere for a sf and not re sign him

I dont think he will opt out though. He is still young enough to get another long term deal after his contract expires. I dont think he will leave that much money on the table for one year when he know he will sign another long term deal anyway. It backfired on AK 47 so I dont think Rudy takes that chance.

• Like 1

I dont think he will opt out though. He is still young enough to get another long term deal after his contract expires. I dont think he will leave that much money on the table for one year when he know he will sign another long term deal anyway. It backfired on AK 47 so I dont think Rudy takes that chance.

Everyone here in Toronto is saying he will most likely opt out becuase he want long term secuirty....as do most NBA players.....but even if he didnt opt out...the thing is...is there anyone other Small Forward in the NBA not named Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony (because those two are definitely not ever signing in Atlanta) that the Hawks could get?....the way Evan Turner is breaking out means hes probably gunna stay with the Sixers and Jeff Green is all the sudden hitting buzzer beaters against Miami....so its not like those two are going anywhere....so what if you have Rudy for one year or "possibly" two...hes a much better option at SF than Demarre Carroll and does hit some big shots regardless of his inefficiencies....his defense is good so to all these idiots on here saying he is an overrated defender you clearly do not have NBA League Pass and watch all sorts of NBA Games like I do...I dont just watch my Hawks, I also watch all teams....Rudy had more defensive rebounds than the Raptors center (Valanciunas) more assists then Lowry and more steals than anyone on the team...im not saying hes gunna do that every night but hes gunna be a huge upgrade at SF over anyone we currently have.....im still waiting for someone to give me a better option at SF for us.....everyone just seems to bash my opinion but doesnt ever have a better option for me at SF....so whos our saviour then?....becuase were not drafting high this year so our SF problems is not gunna solve itself out....Demarre is not gunna be an All Star anytime soon......give me a better option and then ill stop talking.

• Premium Member

What is this Infatuation with Rudy Gay? He's an inefficent player who is overrated defensively.

I have come to agree with this assessment. The dude we need is Wesley Matthews. He plays good defense. He's efficient on offense. He can hit the outside shot. Problem is what would they want.... and we're not given up Teague.

The other guy is Corey Brewer. He's less of a threat from outside but he plays well.

• Like 1