• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Possible three way deal.

KB21

It doesn't work on RealGM's trade checker, but I don't think they have the Bulls salaries configured right. If I'm not mistaken, the Bulls are under the salary cap. RealGM is still counting Travis Best's and Charles Oakley's contracts to their salary cap.

Anyway, this is the deal:

Orlando gets: Nazr Mohammed

Chicago gets: Mike Miller

Atlanta gets: Jamal Crawford

Orlando wants a big man and has been discussing trades with teams, including the Hawks about Mohammed, about deals. Chicago has been trying to get Mike Miller from Orlando, but they don't have any big men to deal. Atlanta had Jamal Crawford rated very highly and are still probably interested in getting him to see if he fits in with the Hawks better than he does with the Bulls.

The trade probably needs some tweaking, but those will be the main players.

Hawks:

PG -- Jason Terry

SG -- Jamal Crawford

SF -- DerMarr Johnson

PF -- Shareef Abdur-Rahim

C -- Theo Ratliff

Magic:

PG -- Jacque Vaughn?

SG -- Tracy McGrady

SF -- Grant Hill

PF -- Ryan Humphrey

C -- Nazr Mohammed

Bulls:

PG -- Jay Williams

SG -- Mike Miller

SF -- Jalen Rose

PF -- Tyson Chandler

C -- Eddy Curry

I think Crawford still has a lot of upside and he could turn out to be a better player than Miller down the road but I think Miller fits this team's needs perfectly right now. Miller could play SF and allow us to leave DJ at SG where I think he will be more effective (at least right now). If we acquired Crawford, I think Lon and Babs would be tempted to try and play him at PG and move JT to SG. While Crawford would be as good a PG to have as any if we were going to do that, I'd rather just keep JT at PG.

In addition to all that, I think Nazr has more trade value than Crawford straight up. I think Chicago would have to give up Crawford and Fizer to get Miller whereas I think Nazr alone might get Miller for us.

• Premium Member

Everyone is talking about what we want, what we want..

Nobody has addressed Chicago! What do they want?

I doubt that they would want Miller, because he plays the same position as Rose. Neither is he fast enough to play SG.

Back to us, if we traded Nazr to Orlando, we need to keep Miller. He's a shooter, he's a scorer who can take pressure off of SAR... PLUS, he will not play behind Ty Corbin Jr.

A lot will depend on the Hawks perception of Crawford at this point. Who knows if they were telling the truth or not, but the Hawks said that Crawford was their guy had Johnson not been there, and that includes Miller. So, we know that they were high on Crawford at some point.

The thing is, it is tough to get a deal with Orlando where we can get Miller for Nazr due to Nazr's BYC1 status. We have to get a team that is under the cap involved that can take on more than they give in salary. Since Chicago is trying to get Miller, it looks like a good potential trade.

I really won't be surprised to see a deal like this happen. Like I said, those probably won't be the only players involved, but they will be the main players involved.

Personally I would rather have Crawford, providing he is completely healthy of course. He is a much better defender than Miller is and he would allow us to be much more dynamic with our backcourt. Imagine a 3some in the backcourt starting with JT/Crawford/DJ.......where any of them could just switch around and cause matchup problems everytime down the court. Personally I really like this deal, but I just kinda think that we are getting too much for Nazr, potential wise whether we get Miller or Crawford. Production wise we are certainly making a fair offer, but Miller and Crawford have much higher ceilings. Regardless of whichever guy we get, I think DJ will be moved to SF with his added size. We really need a SG that is a traditional SG I think.

Well, I think either way the Hawks go, DerMarr Johnson will be playing the small forward position. I feel that is the position they drafted him for, and that is the position he will eventually (may have already) grow into.

If the Hawks acquired either Jamal Crawford or Mike Miller, they would be the starting shooting guard, IMO.

I think the Hawks will end up with Jamal Crawford somehow though.

with me. I think he's going to be a very good player. I like his game and he really played well toward the end of last season. I would still PREFER to get Miller at this stage because I think he's a guaranteed 15 ppg THIS season but Crawford could definitely end up being the better player down the road. I think we have a better chance of landing Crawford than Miller so you could be right in saying that we could end up with him somehow.

Here's a nice fantasy. I'd LOVE a deal where we ended up with Miller AND Crawford (and filler - DeClerq?), Orlando ended up with Nazr, Fizer and Best, and Chicago ended up with Kukoc/Armstrong/pick ATL, pick ORL. I didn't have a chance to look at specific numbers for cap purposes but maybe I will later.

ATL:

Theo/DeClerq

SAR/Hendu

Miller/Ira/CC

DJ/Crawford/Glover

JT/Dickau

We'd be awfully weak off the bench up front. If that deal happened, Ira might get squeezed or someone would have to become trade bait. I can't see us carrying 3 SGs and 3 SFs while carrying only 2 centers and 2 PFs (although CC can play some PF). The battle for the starting SG position would be incredible (DG has as good a chance as anyone) and who knows, Crawford may still end up being a PG.

ORL:

Nazr/Ewing

Fizer/Grant/Hunter

Hill/Garrity/Buechler

McGrady/Williams

Best/Hudson (or JV)

CHI:

Curry/Bagaric

Chandler/FA - Clark?/Baxter

Robinson/Kukoc

Rose/Hassell

Williams/Armstrong

Chicago would also have a couple of picks for the future.

Actually, I don't see Chicago going for this proposal but it sure would be nice. They might be more inclined to go for it if they got Miller and we took Eddie Robinson. I don't like that idea near as much because Robinson has yet to prove to me that he is worth anywhere near that big contract but it's a thought.

• Admin

All the potential in the world does not mean he will live up to it (Glover).

Miller has proven himself time and time again. He would be a great fit for the Hawks and can play SF or SG switching with DJ. We don't need another star, we need a third option to screw with opposing teams when they are doubling JT/SAR which he definetly fits the bill.

Crawford has all this potential yes, we have heard all things he is suppose to do. All he really has proven so far is that he knows how to be injured. We have not seen what he can do and really he can turn into a big bust. He maybe a great player but he may just be mediocre for the rest of his career. Why take the chance on that? I don't want to. I want a guy I know can come in now and will contribute....that guy is Miller.