• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - HEAT

lethalweapon3

So many horrible pass attempts (i'm not calling them passes) last night. We kept trying to pass it through the opposing players. Horford, Teague, Korver all did this. And then passes to empty spaces like we're running timing routes. Which we are i guess but you still have to make sure the guy is there. My other complaint was Horf trying to pass the ball when he's already in the lane. Just shoot it man!

Still Bud made corrections. You saw guys come out of timeouts and play better defensively. We got rattled by a more experienced, more talented team. No biggie. Let's beat the Pistons. Will have more chances at the Heat.

I didn't really see any adjustments to our game plan and the Heat defended us the same all game. As the Heat announcers said they usually don't figure an offense out until the 2nd half but they had us figured out in the 2nd quarter and from then on they put a ton of pressure on us and made our lives hell. And yeah that was probably the worst display of "passing" I've seen in a very long time.

I didn't really see any adjustments to our game plan and the Heat defended us the same all game. As the Heat announcers said they usually don't figure an offense out until the 2nd half but they had us figured out in the 2nd quarter and from then on they put a ton of pressure on us and made our lives hell. And yeah that was probably the worst display of "passing" I've seen in a very long time.

Naw, the Heat make adjustments. In the 1st half they were feeling us out especially Lebron. 2nd half they closed the lane, double Jeff, played aggressive and that was the end of our chapter.

Naw, the Heat make adjustments. In the 1st half they were feeling us out especially Lebron. 2nd half they closed the lane, double Jeff, played aggressive and that was the end of our chapter.

Uhh that's exactly what I was saying. The Heat made adjustments once they figured out our offense and we didn't make adjustments.

• Like 1

At least Dennis didn't waste any time before turning it over after he got in the game. That 1 pass was just pathetic! I'm still behind the kid and think he has a bright future but he looks like he's regressing to me.

Oh and thanks for the link. Every time I hear him speak in German it just weirds me out as you never expect a black dude (with a weird blonde patch of hair no less) to be speaking fluent German.

Well SF Elias Harris this year drafted by the Lakers, but waived I believe and very talented but waived PF Ademola Okulaja drafted by Philadelphia some years ago, both have that feat as well. Much weirder to me is the name Schröder on a black guy, which is the most typical German name one can have. It would be like an Asian called Smith. But then again in the German soccer-league we have an Ivorian called Hans, who isnt even from Germany or anything. His mom back on the Ivory Coast just found it sounded nice.

And this should really weird you out. Shot in my birthplace neigberhood.

hFv5UDo2Yag

On the game: this week I also catched the Mavs game vs Heat, and the Heat evened the farnchise steals-record that game with Wade evening his personal steals record. It was crazy. It seems like the Heat can force their perimeter defense upon the opponent knowing they have a very small starting line-up. Mavs had many more rebounds on both ends, shot better etc but the TO's where just crazy.

I think it cant be that a team can bank on that D forever. There has to be a way to get in the paint without making record TO rates.

Also sorry to see Dennis playing so little. But had his first steal finally.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 1

i am begging to see buds and ferrrys plan alreadyand theplan of the day is efficeancy& basketball is not hard if you do the basics you have a chance to win every night.keeping in mind we did not have a healthy lou.now for what i see if we just had that one superstar that has a mentality like says im gonna get mine, we could be good to go.maybe at the shooting guard spot or small forward.

Last night proved that the Hawks "offense" is mostly smoke and mirrors... So good defensive pressure and they fell apart just like they have always fell apart before. They became the same team they were the last 6 years... All it took was so good defense... Which they had not seen a lot of this season.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Last night proved that the Hawks "offense" is mostly smoke and mirrors... So good defensive pressure and they fell apart just like they have always fell apart before. They became the same team they were the last 6 years... All it took was so good defense... Which they had not seen a lot of this season.

We scored 88 @ the champs with two of our best scorers out. Not a good game, but let's try to keep it in perspective.

• Premium Member

The offense will be fine against many of teams... But it reminds to be seen if the Hawks can execute against top defenses.

It's more about the talent level than the "offense". With the current cast, the Hawks aren't going to look as good versus the top defenses. But, if the Hawks could ever add at least one star guy, then it would change. Of course, the problem is getting that guy.

It's more about the talent level than the "offense". With the current cast, the Hawks aren't going to look as good versus the top defenses. But, if the Hawks could ever add at least one star guy, then it would change. Of course, the problem is getting that guy.

Hot knows that, that's why he has been on the tankwagon with me but with Brooklyn in the tank lottery, we can continue to be average.