• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

PS4 Availability

EazyRoc

So I call in to Best Buy about 30 minutes after they open to find our they are sold out and people had been camping out since 4 am to get one. This might just make me give up gaming. Finding a console should NOT be this hard.

It was super easy to get my Xbox one. When they said they opened the pre-orders, I headed down to gamestop and paid for it. Several months later, the xbox one comes out - and I go pick it up. Voilà

Thanks. Your ribbon is in the mail.

Is there a reason you need it right now? If you are willing to wait you can definitely find them in January with now issue. I remember when the current editions came out. People were fighting in the stores and getting shot etc. I waited until mid-January and actually got an after Christmas deal on a bundle for the Xbox 360. Patience is priceless.

• Like 1

Whew it's getting chippy up in here! Seriously though can one of you PS4 guys tell me why you'd rather have that than an XBox One?

I just don't care for the Kinect features so I'd rather save the $100. If it worked a little bit better, I would spring for it. Every review I've read has said it works but not all the time. The graphics are going to be so similar that it doesn't matter as far as that aspect. I already have a PlayStation plus account that came free with 2k13 that has a few more months on it. They are both good consoles though.

I wasn't a fan of the old Kinect but I've heard good things about the new one. Can the PS4 start up and resume a game like the xb1 can? To me that's the coolest feature, plus having live tv in a picture in picture type of window. I don't play online but that was the biggest reason I have up playstation back in the day when I did play online.

I wasn't a fan of the old Kinect but I've heard good things about the new one. Can the PS4 start up and resume a game like the xb1 can? To me that's the coolest feature, plus having live tv in a picture in picture type of window. I don't play online but that was the biggest reason I have up playstation back in the day when I did play online.

The PS4 can't do the resume thing yet, but it's coming in a future firmware update.

I've had mines since launch day and it's been a really enjoyable gaming experience. I could explain why I made my choice, but it should come down to what you prefer in your living room. The One is the superior media device and the PS4 is the more dedicated gaming console.

• Admin

I just don't care for the Kinect features so I'd rather save the $100. If it worked a little bit better, I would spring for it. Every review I've read has said it works but not all the time. The graphics are going to be so similar that it doesn't matter as far as that aspect. I already have a PlayStation plus account that came free with 2k13 that has a few more months on it. They are both good consoles though.

I picked up an Xb1 and kinect 2 is significantly improved over the original. Basically, it has no input lag now or if there is, it's so minor that you can't really tell. It's also able to pick up fine movements like hands/fingers. There isn't much for it yet beyond the voice controls and xbox fitness (which is very slick), but compared to the original it's much improved and since it's a mandatory add-on, we should see some real development for it now.

with that said, right now, both consoles suck. I wouldn't put any effort into trying to get one right now because any game that you can get on ps4/xb1 and ps3/360 will be better on the older consoles. The graphics might not be quite as slick, but gameplay is what matters and the new consoles just don't have the gameplay. Hell, in a lot of cases they don't have the graphics either, but the gameplay and options are consistently lacking on the new games compared to the old.

I picked up an Xb1 and kinect 2 is significantly improved over the original. Basically, it has no input lag now or if there is, it's so minor that you can't really tell. It's also able to pick up fine movements like hands/fingers. There isn't much for it yet beyond the voice controls and xbox fitness (which is very slick), but compared to the original it's much improved and since it's a mandatory add-on, we should see some real development for it now.

with that said, right now, both consoles suck. I wouldn't put any effort into trying to get one right now because any game that you can get on ps4/xb1 and ps3/360 will be better on the older consoles. The graphics might not be quite as slick, but gameplay is what matters and the new consoles just don't have the gameplay. Hell, in a lot of cases they don't have the graphics either, but the gameplay and options are consistently lacking on the new games compared to the old.

I agree with waiting to get a next gen console. I got a ps4 since release day btw and the games out right now for the next gen consoles are extremely mediocre. Personally I think this generation has some of the weakest launch titles ever.

I wouldnt sweat about getting a next gen console. If I was you I would wait until next year to get 1. Maybe around summer time.

• 2 weeks later...