• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

And there goes my worst nightmare. $100 million to a .260 hitter with only 20 HRs. McCann signs with Yankees

Admin

If the Yankees do that, then they're setting themselves up for failure. In the next 3-4 years, the Yankees are going to be stuck with 3 bad contracts, and a depleted farm system. They will be the MLB's Brooklyn Nets.

So far we've only lost our 1st and 2nd round pick. Best thing to do now is re-sign Cano since he won't cost a pick and we won't need to fill the 2nd base position. At least Cano, McCann and Ellsbury are just now entering their prime.

Oh and since the Yankees missed the playoffs last year, does that mean the Braves will get a top 20 pick?

No it doesn't work that way. Here's the updated order:

Here's an updated look at the first round of next June's draft:

1. Astros

2. Marlins

3. White Sox

4. Cubs

5. Twins

6. Mariners

7. Phillies

8. Rockies

9. Blue Jays

10. Mets

11. Blue Jays (for failing to sign 2013 No. 10 pick Phil Bickford)

12. Brewers

13. Padres

14. Giants

15. Angels

16. Diamondbacks

17. Orioles

Yankees

18. Royals

19. Nationals

20. Reds

21. Rangers

22. Rays

23. Indians

24. Dodgers

25. Tigers

26. Pirates

27. Athletics

28. Braves

29. Red Sox

30. Cardinals

Mariners (Kendrys Morales)

Yankees (Robinson Cano/Curtis Granderson/Hiroki Kuroda)

Yankees (Cano/Granderson/Kuroda)

Yankees (Cano/Granderson/Kuroda)

Royals (Ervin Santana)

Reds (Shin-Soo Choo)

Rangers (Nelson Cruz)

Indians (Ubaldo Jimenez)

31. Braves (McCann)

32. Red Sox (Ellsbury)

Red Sox (Stephen Drew/Mike Napoli)

Red Sox (Drew/Napoli)

Cardinals (Carlos Beltran)

• Like 1

• Moderators

The one thing I really like about McCann that I've heard is that he's intense and he will bring a different dynamic that was missing this year to the Yankees clubhouse. He's definitely a vocal leader and we need that bad.

He does look a little pudgy, but that never hurt 'Pudge' so maybe it will work out well in the AL getting time at DH every 3rd or 4th game.

I don't have a problem with him being a little overweight except that every year he wears down by the end and has nagging injuries. To me that is a huge sign you need to get in shape.

Of course, his four strikeouts in his last game as a Brave and having his bat never get off his shoulder with the whole season in the balance was alarming to me and made it a helluva a lot easier to see him go. Frankly i think the pressure of NY will be good for him. He's a clutch guy and when you're a Brave there just really isn't the kind of pressure you face in NY and Philly.

Can you imagine if he blocked the plate on a homer for the Yankees. He'd be the talk of the town, and espn, for months.

• Like 2