• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rockets Want Millsap Badly

GameTime

Just checked Terrance Jones measurements. His standing reach is 8'11'' and wingspan is 7'2.5''My main worry about him was did he have the length to play PF full time. He definitely does.Just to compare:Al Horford also has a 8'11'' standing reach and a shorter wingspan of 7'.75''.Paul Milsap has a 8'9.5'' standing reach and wingspan of 7'1.5''.So in summary Terrance Jones is longer then both of our current starting front line players and weighs 252 lbs. He is also a better athlete then both of them.

• Moderators

Omer has been among my least favorite players for awhile now. His finishing around the rim is like watching a baby eating Cheerios (28% in the paint outside the restricted area last year; 58% in the restricted area was 4th lowest among 25 players with 400+ attempts and 2nd lowest among seven-footers with 200+ attempts). 1.1 BPG in 30 minutes a night doesn't move my meter. 1.7 per game in the playoffs is a little better, but meh.

On the good side, Hack-a-sik has become less reliable for Rocket opponents now that he's been working to get that FT% up. I've heard his outlet passing has gotten much better, but I'll have to see that to believe.

What I do like even more than the rebounding is that contract that balloons, then expires in 2015. Assuming we keep him for this year (I'll read the thread later to see if he can be moved again before the deadline), it can be seen as a poison pill only insofar that it limits our free agency for whatever we plan to do in Summer 2014. If he can stay reasonably healthy he'll become quite the commodity as a 2015 expiring.

The part I'd be intrigued by is what comes with him. Can we throw in one of Ayón and/or Jenkins, and get Terrence Jones and maybe even Omri Casspi in the haul? I'd be willing to saddle up a chair listen to Morey, if so. It would give us far more flexibility in the frontcourt than we have now.

~lw3

• Moderators

Assuming we keep him for this year (I'll read the thread later to see if he can be moved again before the deadline), it can be seen as a poison pill only insofar that it limits our free agency for whatever we plan to do in Summer 2014. If he can stay reasonably healthy he'll become quite the commodity as a 2015 expiring.

Remember with his contract that it affects the cap differently than it does the actual checks being cut. The checks balloon while the cap hit is spread over the entire contract so that it shouldn't limit our options in FA unless the issue is one of budget rather than cap room. Likewise, as an expiring contract he doesn't represent a huge figure that someone could use to shed cap room for the future by trading a guy on a longer contract at higher dollars. He is just $8 or 9M on the books for 2015. (I don't remember the number off the top of my head, but it has been listed on the Squawk by Hawksfanatic and others).

• Like 1

Although sources say there has been dialogue between the Rockets and Hawks this week, it's believed that Atlanta officials a lukewarm on Asik and would hold out for more of a TWO-WAY player if they're being asked to pay him nearly $15 million next season (cap hit 8-9 mil).

(Sorry - having trouble pasting links, etc.)