• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rockets Want Millsap Badly

GameTime

• Moderators

No you can trade your 1st round pick every year, as long as you wait until after the draft to trade the following years pick.But the rockets aren't giving up Asik, Jones and a 2014 1st anyway.

At any point in time you can look at it as being unable to trade two consecutive future first round picks. The past is totally irrelevant to this analysis. So the Rockets can't trade their 2014 & 2015 firsts but they can trade either one of them.

At any point in time you can look at it as being unable to trade two consecutive future first round picks. The past is totally irrelevant to this analysis. So the Rockets can't trade their 2014 & 2015 firsts but they can trade either one of them.

It wasn't irrelevant to my reply. Phillip Seymour Hoffman [of] Rochester 187 said that we couldn't get their 2014 because the Rockets didn't have a 1st round pick in 2013. That's simply not true as they can absolutely trade us their 2014 1st round pick right now. They just cannot trade us their 2014 AND 2015 or any combination of consecutive picks NOW.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman [of] Rochester 187

I was confused for a solid minute, then I got this. Hilarious!

Also, I am concerned about your immense knowledge of Phillip Seymour Hoffman. That is scary.

If it's Sap for Asik straight up then hell no but Asik, Jones and a 1st then DF has to pull the trigger. That would give us a Anchor in the middle, a young asset and a pick that can be used or moved in another deal

That would be a ridiculously good deal for the Hawks. I just don't see it happening.

Sap and a 1st round pick for Asik is more likely but probably won't happen until closer to the draft. Danny could parlay our two 1st round picks into a better pick (or even a quality proven player if we want to win now).

I'd hate to see Sap go and I hope there's another way to get the center we need. Just not sure that Asik is the guy.

That would be a ridiculously good deal for the Hawks. I just don't see it happening.

Sap and a 1st round pick for Asik is more likely but probably won't happen until closer to the draft. Danny could parlay our two 1st round picks into a better pick (or even a quality proven player if we want to win now).

I'd hate to see Sap go and I hope there's another way to get the center we need. Just not sure that Asik is the guy.

Is there a better word in the English language than parlay? If there is I simply refuse to believe it.

• Moderators

It wasn't irrelevant to my reply. Phillip Seymour Hoffman [of] Rochester 187 said that we couldn't get their 2014 because the Rockets didn't have a 1st round pick in 2013. That's simply not true as they can absolutely trade us their 2014 1st round pick right now. They just cannot trade us their 2014 AND 2015 or any combination of consecutive picks NOW.

I was agreeing with you!

What can I say, I'm a fan of The Hoff!

My fav PSH movies also happen to be a couple of my all time fav movies...I also think they came out at the same time if I'm not mistaken. Big Lebowski and Boogie nights...lol

Morey has some balls.

He told the other "clubs" that his dealing of Asik will be over and done by Dec. 19.

So by Thursday, the speculation will be over.

Yes and here is something to ponder. Usually when a trade is at its last stages, the players involved don't play. Millsap has been playing to say the least. I don't know if Ferry is interested in a trade down straight up for Asik at all. We have a pick and close to 12 million in cap next season. If we are talking with the Rockets, I don't see us as looking at this as we have the weak hand.

Edited by Buzzard

According to my friend who has insider knowledge the Hawks ownership feels he(Milsap)is too valuable to trade away right now. But who knows what Ferry will decide. I definitely would want something else added in to make the trade more appealing. I doubt Jones would be an option to add in but that would be great. Maybe they want him bad enough to make an offer they couldn't refuse

The Hawks have been using Paul in marketing deals lately. The "win a trip to London" contest has Paul give a message on the phone when you sign up. So yeah, the non-basketball side of things likes Paul. Those shouldn't matter for basketball decisions, but unfortunately they do.The A$G seem to be meddling in operations still, but this appears to be getting better ever since Junior has been out of sight. Levenson was chilling at mid-court last night and was pretty animated throughout the game.

I took that to mean that Paul could be flipped later for more valuable pieces than Asik. Maybe closer to the deadline or next years draft.

"Traded players usually don't play" and "They want a first round pick."

We have a first round pick who is just back from the D League. Could

it be that the "extra" we have to give in order to get two players is JJ?

He's a first round pick, you know, and JJ doesn't seem to fit in Bud's

scheme of things.

Just a thought.

GO HAWKS!!