• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If there was a one on one tournament amongst Hawks all-time....

HawkItus

• Moderators

I can't go back pre-John Drew days but i'd say Nique for sure and wouldn't count out Smitty. I think Smitty has the best combo of great shooting and great post up.

Of course what are any of those guys going to do to stop Shareef, Moses, or Willis from scoring one on one. Still i'll take Nique.

• Premium Member

I can't go back pre-John Drew days but i'd say Nique for sure and wouldn't count out Smitty. I think Smitty has the best combo of great shooting and great post up.

Of course what are any of those guys going to do to stop Shareef, Moses, or Willis from scoring one on one. Still i'll take Nique.

Mac, you must be a yungster... Nique would take Smitty's lunch, pull it out and eat it in front of him. Smitty was good but hobbled.

Surprisingly, I don't think Nique really ever put a lot of work into his game. He was street good. I can only imagine what would have been if Nique would have tightened up his defense and worked on his shooting and actually lifted weights.

I'm surprised nobody has said Big Balla Ed Gray? or Snoop Graham?? Or Enis "the Squirrel" Whatley. Clifford "2rings" Levingston?

An Interesting matchup would have been Nique vs. Deke!!!

• Like 1

I think I might have to put my money on Josh Smith, although I can only go back to 86. He'd be able to take any of our former players to the hole and he'd block a lot of their shots.

Did you really say 'Josh and taking players to the whole' - in the word of Chris Carter....Posted Image

Posted Image

Did you really say 'Josh and taking players to the whole' - in the word of Chris Carter....Posted Image

Posted Image

Josh is/was devastating when he could go one on one to his left hand. I know I know he's likely to sit back there and try and shoot jumpers but I'm gonna say that if he were going 1 on 1 in a tournament like this he might actually try and win it by doing right.

Josh is/was devastating when he could go one on one to his left hand. I know I know he's likely to sit back there and try and shoot jumpers but I'm gonna say that if he were going 1 on 1 in a tournament like this he might actually try and win it by doing right.

I suppose it's always possible.

• Moderators

Mac, you must be a yungster... Nique would take Smitty's lunch, pull it out and eat it in front of him. Smitty was good but hobbled.

Surprisingly, I don't think Nique really ever put a lot of work into his game. He was street good. I can only imagine what would have been if Nique would have tightened up his defense and worked on his shooting and actually lifted weights.

I'm surprised nobody has said Big Balla Ed Gray? or Snoop Graham?? Or Enis "the Squirrel" Whatley. Clifford "2rings" Levingston?

An Interesting matchup would have been Nique vs. Deke!!!

Actually I'm not a youngster but thanks. If we are taking Nique in his prime i'm assuming we are taking Smitty in his prime. Why would i vote for hobbled no knees Smitty? Smitty on the spurs ain't winning anything but with smitty one on one you have to respect the jumper, he's 6 9 and he can post up plus he was a good defender. Of course i'd still take nique but ij'm guessing smitty would have been tough one on one and there'd be a lot of trash talking.