• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks and fan voting for All Star games is a joke.

NBASupes

I agree, but we are small market

Not as significant as you think. Atlanta is not a small market, we are #8 in the US.

Kyrie Irving and Paul George are in the top 5 of voting. It's about flash, winning, and hype. We don't have that and our team is not respected because we've been middle of the pack for 6 years with no signs of change anytime soon.

Not as significant as you think. Atlanta is not a small market, we are #8 in the US.

Kyrie Irving and Paul George are in the top 5 of voting. It's about flash, winning, and hype. We don't have that and our team is not respected because we've been middle of the pack for 6 years with no signs of change anytime soon.

Most people and even diehard fans see us as some clowns. They are tired of us winning and would rather see the Cavs then us and it shows on ratings. Atlanta doesn't seem to be indifferent.

While this is the best form of Basketball I seen in Atlanta since Nique, this style of Basketball is basically what the Spurs do with lesser players. Let's be honest, we will never earn true respect with this team. Lacks too much talent. We have potential thanks to Dennis and Bebe as well as I hope we can keep Horford.

But just the fact that Indy has 4 players in this says a lot. That people don't like Atlanta but like Indy's team.

Atlanta doesn't pass the eye test. No matter what the record may be throughout the year nobody respects us as contenders. Until we are contending for a title, we will get pooped on. ESPN was the same way for years with the Falcons until last season when we looked like the real deal. Who's going to really care about a team that consistently makes a 1st or 2nd round exit other than us ?

• Admin

Not as significant as you think. Atlanta is not a small market, we are #8 in the US. Kyrie Irving and Paul George are in the top 5 of voting. It's about flash, winning, and hype. We don't have that and our team is not respected because we've been middle of the pack for 6 years with no signs of change anytime soon.

in terms of nba market we are close to 30 in fan support

in terms of nba market we are close to 30 in fan support

Naw, we 30th. Philly has a lot more fans than the Hawks. All Charlotte has to do is really start winning and attendance will sky rocket. Over the last 15th years and I went to ESPN to see it, for average attendance we have been in the bottom three 10 times, the bottom five 2 times and with 15-25 three times.

Then again, you have to look at the product. It has been either unattractive, terrible, or boring and always lacked star power. That doesn't hold with any fanbase much less one as fickled as the Hawks.

There's a big difference between the population of greater Atlanta and the number

of "real" Hawk fans.

Our entire population in and around Atlanta is made up of some "native" people

and a lot of others who "ain't from around here." These others, who have moved here

grew up as fans of their home town. This doesn't change just because they now live

here. They are still fans of their home town team and they show up at the Hawks games

and root for their favorite home team.

All Star voting proves this. Fans vote for the very best players on "their" team or players

they would be willing to pay money to go see play. Many fans don't really see other

players from other teams, really, unless they see that player be responsible for their

home team losing a game. Then, they have reason to hate that player.

Then, there is the national media. Watch the Hawks highlights. "Did you see when the

Hawks - - - - - - ?" The answer. "No. All I saw was our opponent who had a wonderful

game in a losing cause. They didn't mention who they were playing."

Who gets the votes? The super star who lost and got all the ink or the unknown opponent?

Compare the Atlanta Hawks to the Atlanta Braves. When Ted Turner bought the Braves,

his main purpose was so that he could have "free" programming for his TV station, which

he soon had on satellite and the entire US could watch. We now see Braves fans everywhere.

They watched them on their home TV for years and years.

The Braves are still promoted all over the southeast. I have several Braves caps. I have never

saw a Hawks cap anywhere around here. There is a radio network that carries all the Braves

games and you can listen while on the road or at work all over the southeast.

Try to listen to the Hawks outside the I285 loop. Watch for advertising for the Hawks outside

the loop. If it wasn't for Sports South and Bob and Nique, we would be forced to try to pick

up the radio broadcast on our computer or do without.

Area newspapers, not just the AJC, present big articles about the Falcons and the Braves.

They apparently don't know that Atlanta has an NBA team. Most of the time the AJC choses

to ignore the Atlanta Dream so they are even lower on the totum poll that the Hawks.

And, we wonder, why don't our beloved Hawks get more votes? It's because no one knows,

that's the simple answer.

GO ATLANTA !!

Posted Image