• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sh*t! Here we go again….Hawks involved with 3 team trade?

JTB

Why exactly do you not like about him. Granted he isn't anything flashy but he is steady, runs the offense, can shoot a bit and more importantly DOES NOT TURN THE BALL OVER,

That's what I'd like to know. He has t even been in the league 2.5 years yet and at this point in their careers he's been as good or better than Teague was. He probably doesn't have as much potential but he's a good asset worth investing development time into.
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

I don't take Morey for a fool.

There is little value in keeping Asik, but the best time to deal him obviously will be at the deadline.

Certainly, he probably tried to parlay Horf's injury into a premium deal of some kind with Ferry... but failing that--and incidentally, I would guess we learn about these things almost always 24-48 hours after any possibility of them occurring has ended--he'll take the best deal on the table sometime within 72 hours of the deadline.

• Moderators

That's what I'd like to know. He has t even been in the league 2.5 years yet and at this point in their careers he's been as good or better than Teague was. He probably doesn't have as much potential but he's a good asset worth investing development time into.

Yeah what's not to like. 38% from 3 and 3.5 assists a game in limited time. If Dennis was doing this everyone would screaming for him to start.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Rumors are now saying Asik will be a Rocket past the trading deadline. Makes me think Morey is trying to scare someone into a panic deal but he's the one that should be panicking with 15 million apiece next year for Asik and Lin.

Not sure why anyone would be down on Mack? He's the perfect backup point guard and he's played very well in that role for us.

Well I guess the problem is that we are a PnR team and he's not very good at it.

• Premium Member

I'm pretty sure these "rumors" are iffy at best when you look can find these "rumors" of Asik going to Minnesota posted roughly in the same time frame on the same sites with the Asik to the Hawks stuff.

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/2700/20140102/nba-nba-trade-rumors-nba-trade-rumors-2014-houston-rockets-omer-asik-omer-asik-trade-minnesota-timberwolves-new-orleans-pelicans-charlotte-bobcats-brooklyn-nets.htm

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/532656/20140103/nikola-pekovic-omer-asik.htm#.UsZUVPTk6Zc

The guy from the ibtimes referenced a rumor from the site Clutchfans.net so I went over there and they thought the guy was crazy for using their forum posts to write this article. Rockets fans think we'd give up Millsap to get Asik and Gibson in the bulls deal...lol Also the latino post references the ibtimes for the Asik to Minn deal as there source.

So going back to the Hawks rumors from the latino post they write this:

"According to FOX Sports, the Bulls have inquired about trading for Lin in exchange for Luol Deng, with the Hawks being a possible destination for Asik," via Sports illustrated Fan Sided.

Followed that link to a blog from Dec 27th: http://www.chatsports.com/houston-rockets/a/NBA-Trade-Rumors-ThreeTeam-Trade-Involving-Omer-AsikJeremy-LinLuol-Deng-Being-Explored-2-9049547

The gentleman that wrote that is Michael Ma. Michael Ma is the lead editor of spacecityscoop.com, as well as columnist for rocketssocial.com, and an NBA contributor for Yahoo! A native of the Dallas/Fort Worth area, Michael became a basketball writer for Fansided in 2012. You can follow him on twitter @RealMichaelMa.

He mentions Fox Sports yet no one ever links to any hard evidence.

LOL getting Asik and letting Pekovic go elsewhere would be REALLY stupid from the Wolves FO. Pekovic is a damn offensive beast. Wish we could have signed him in last offseason and would glady trade crap plus BKN's pick for him right now. The man is THAT good.

• Like 1

LOL getting Asik and letting Pekovic go elsewhere would be REALLY stupid from the Wolves FO. Pekovic is a damn offensive beast. Wish we could have signed him in last offseason and would glady trade crap plus BKN's pick for him right now. The man is THAT good.

I have to agree with this. A lot of ppl on here seemed to think he was just playing for a contract but he has looked great this season.

What is it about our offense that makes some of you think what we're missing is yet another offensively-minded player?? What team are you guys watching?I guess we could just say F defense and score 200 points a game!

Edited by DatWerkk
  • Like 1

What is it about our offense that makes some of you think what we're missing is yet another offensively-minded player?? What team are you guys watching?I guess we could just say F defense and score 200 points a game!

Every game against a good defensive team tells me that we need help offensively. We definitely need defensive and an upgrade in the rebounding department but we really need a guy who can give us something at SF. DMC just isn't that guy but he'd be a real quality backup.

Beside Teague we have no one who can penetrate and handle the ball (and he isn't consistent). All our players require someone to create for them to get shots - we need someone who can create their own shot. Lou was supposed to be that but he isn't fully back from the ACL or he just isn't the answer.

We also need rebounding. Our entire defense needs work (preimter and inside).

Every game against a good defensive team tells me that we need help offensively. We definitely need defensive and an upgrade in the rebounding department but we really need a guy who can give us something at SF. DMC just isn't that guy but he'd be a real quality backup.

Totally agree that our offense isn't unstoppable, but surely if you're going to look at a player that is one-sided (either all offense or all defense), you're going to go for the guy that's all defense, right? Pekovic isn't a TERRIBLE defensive player but he's not good at defense either. He's also a black hole with the ball (i.e., averages an assist or less per game) so I'm not even sure putting him into this system would produce good results on offense either.

I'm not saying YOU were saying we should have signed Pekovic (or were you?), and I do agree that our offense isn't quite "there" yet, but to the other posters who salivate over a purely offensive player like Pekovic I say gtfoh.

Totally agree that our offense isn't unstoppable, but surely if you're going to look at a player that is one-sided (either all offense or all defense), you're going to go for the guy that's all defense, right? Pekovic isn't a TERRIBLE defensive player but he's not good at defense either. He's also a black hole with the ball (i.e., averages an assist or less per game) so I'm not even sure putting him into this system would produce good results on offense either.

I'm not saying YOU were saying we should have signed Pekovic (or were you?), and I do agree that our offense isn't quite "there" yet, but to the other posters who salivate over a purely offensive player like Pekovic I say gtfoh.

I wasn't even thinking about Pekovic at all as I see nearly 0% chance that he'll be traded. I would like to see us get Asik and just survive this year and hope to have Al back next year and I think we'd be fine offensively and defensively.

• Like 1

I wasn't even thinking about Pekovic at all as I see nearly 0% chance that he'll be traded. I would like to see us get Asik and just survive this year and hope to have Al back next year and I think we'd be fine offensively and defensively.

I think ferry would be a mastermind if he could somehow grab asik and was able to keep milsap & horford. Then take the Brooklyn pick and grab a scorer out the draft at the SG or SF position.