• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hindsights, Whatifs, and Maybes...

Diesel

Hindsights, whatifs, and Maybes...  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not really a fan of this thread but I will participate.

Horford, Sap, Korver, Jamal, Jeff would be my pick but you don't have it.

Josh was definitely addition by subtraction.

Josh was never moved but he should have been a lot sooner.

Ayón is not giving us anything but I am not sure he is a mistake. He is just the best option you had available. I would say Jenkins when you could have drafted Tony Wroten Jr. if it were available.

Crawford would be good in this system because he is a good pick and roll player. He kills teams that switch it because of his handles and shot making ability.

I think Scott will make it to a 2nd contract easily along with Bebe and Dennis because Bebe and Dennis will live off of potential for a while.

• Premium Member

Not really a fan of this thread but I will participate.

Horford, Sap, Korver, Jamal, Jeff would be my pick but you don't have it.

Josh was definitely addition by subtraction.

Josh was never moved but he should have been a lot sooner.

Ayón is not giving us anything but I am not sure he is a mistake. He is just the best option you had available. I would say Jenkins when you could have drafted Tony Wroten Jr. if it were available.

Crawford would be good in this system because he is a good pick and roll player. He kills teams that switch it because of his handles and shot making ability.

I think Scott will make it to a 2nd contract easily along with Bebe and Dennis because Bebe and Dennis will live off of potential for a while.

Good for your participation but to be honest this thread and the poll are awesome. The only reason somebody wouldn't like it is because they don't like the truth. Moreover, it gives a gauge on what people think about the draft picks. I mean I was tempted to say Bebe. Once he gets his weight up and we put him on his first contract, he could be THE MAN. But again, we're talking Whatifs and Maybes.

• Premium Member

Based on recent polling data, many Hawks fans (almost Half of the pollers) believe that the Hawks would be better with Asik going forward.

Also, More than Half like what Mike Scott brings to the dance and believes that (of our picks) he is most likely get a second contract.

INTERESTING.

Based on recent polling data, many Hawks fans (almost Half of the pollers) believe that the Hawks would be better with Asik going forward.

Unfortunately the poll didn't take into account salary and/or GM quirks. I think Asik could be a good C here (& voted as such), but that poison pill salary and Morey does make it all that much more complicated.

• Premium Member

Unfortunately the poll didn't take into account salary and/or GM quirks. I think Asik could be a good C here (& voted as such), but that poison pill salary and Morey does make it all that much more complicated.

If there were someway we could get into a three team trade and only give up DMC for Asik.. then I think the salary is not that big an issue.

The extra money is money that would not count against the cap right?

• Premium Member

If there were someway we could get into a three team trade and only give up DMC for Asik.. then I think the salary is not that big an issue.

The extra money is money that would not count against the cap right?

In fact, the final year (2014-2015) of Asik's deal is 8.3 Million. That's not bad.

In fact, the final year (2014-2015) of Asik's deal is 8.3 Million.  That's not bad.

That's his cap number but he gets paid 5 mil this year and 15 mil next year (same for Jeremy Lin). Now while that 15 mil only affects the ASG as far as the check they give him, it appears that Houston is trying to avoid paying him and Lin 30 mil when they are essentially getting their production for 10 mil this season.

• Moderators

Asik would be good here, but not without Horf at 4 or Sap/Scorer X at 3. All of the trade ideas had us trading one of the two for the less talented Asik. IF Danny could get Asik for a bag of chips, then I'd be for it. Asik/Horf/Sap is all right so long as Sap can stay consistent behind the arc. Lately, Sap has been missing from out there, but I attribute that to Horf and DMC not being healthy and the weight of the Hawks is on Sap's and Kyle's shoulders right now because of those injuries (which is why I like the idea of picking up Turks, lighten the load on those two).

Also, another thing that confuses me is that one of the reasons we want to flip Sap for Asik is because Sap is "old" at 28... Asik is only a year younger than Sap... It's not like Asik is a young 22 year old prospect. I'm still on the draft-our-center bandwagon.

I'm also holding out that Marc Gasol gets sick of Memphis...

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87