• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think I've figured it out!

nathan2331

It all makes sense now. Back in the 1996-1997 season, the Spurs lost David Robinson to a season-ending foot injury.And guess who's out for us now. That's right, Al Horford. Now this is the 'Spurs way' we've all been wondering about- lose your best player, acquire another franchise player, profit.Ferry's plan is now in motion. We are about 3 years from our first NBA Championship in Atlanta.

• Like 1

It all makes sense now. Back in the 1996-1997 season, the Spurs lost David Robinson to a season-ending foot injury.And guess who's out for us now. That's right, Al Horford. Now this is the 'Spurs way' we've all been wondering about- lose your best player, acquire another franchise player, profit.Ferry's plan is now in motion. We are about 3 years from our first NBA Championship in Atlanta.

Ya, only difference is Spurs tanked all the way. The way we are going right now and with our luck we'll end up being the 8th seed in the east and the Nets will be 7th...smh

Ya, only difference is Spurs tanked all the way. The way we are going right now and with our luck we'll end up being the 8th seed in the east and the Nets will be 7th...smh

That single pick could be the difference between Kevin Durant / Al Horford, Ty Lawson / Jeff Teague, Anthony Davis / MKG, etc.

That single pick could be the difference between Kevin Durant / Al Horford, Ty Lawson / Jeff Teague, Anthony Davis / MKG, etc.

Oh my you just took me back to the roller coaster draft if 2007. I was pretty hammered off Henney and excited that we had moved into the top 3. During the commercial break after they had determined Hawks, Blazers, Sonics were top 3 I fantasized about Oden being our Shaq for the next 12 years, Durant being the superstar we needed since Nique. Took 2 more shots during the break, they came back and said .."and the 3rd pick in the 2007 NBA draft goes to...the Atlanta Hawks..." :-(

Just our luck, we are usually on the wrong end of that pick. Dolfan, where my Hawks emergency thread?

I moved it back here but I moved it to the NBA forum last night as it seemed like a cheap way of sneaking in a Bulls traded Deng thread.

Oh my you just took me back to the roller coaster draft if 2007. I was pretty hammered off Henney and excited that we had moved into the top 3. During the commercial break after they had determined Hawks, Blazers, Sonics were top 3 I fantasized about Oden being our Shaq for the next 12 years, Durant being the superstar we needed since Nique. Took 2 more shots during the break, they came back and said .."and the 3rd pick in the 2007 NBA draft goes to...the Atlanta Hawks...":-(

I know I wasn't even thinking Al Horford either. I was really wanting Oden or Durant that draft and if not them I was on the Chinese bandwagon I believe. But I wasn't upset about the Al pick at all, not like I was when we took Childress or Shelden. Those infuriated me!

• Admin

Oh my you just took me back to the roller coaster draft if 2007. I was pretty hammered off Henney and excited that we had moved into the top 3. During the commercial break after they had determined Hawks, Blazers, Sonics were top 3 I fantasized about Oden being our Shaq for the next 12 years, Durant being the superstar we needed since Nique. Took 2 more shots during the break, they came back and said .."and the 3rd pick in the 2007 NBA draft goes to...the Atlanta Hawks...":-(

You can feel bad but we could have gotten the first pick and ended up with Mr. Glass

I see what you're trying to do here, Dolf. But let's be real: there ain't no Kevin Durants walking through the door at pick #15. In the case of 7th vs 8th seed in the playoffs we're really talking more like the difference between John Jenkins and Jared Cunningham.

Edited by DatWerkk

I see what you're trying to do here, Dolf. But let's be real: there ain't no Kevin Durants walking through the door at pick #15. In the case of 7th vs 8th seed in the playoffs we're really talking more like the difference between John Jenkins and Jared Cunningham.

Lawson / Teague were playoff team picks and in this draft there will be stronger guys at those picks and higher. Just saying 1 pick can make the difference.