• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Going to London! Meeting those pesky Nets.....

Gray Mule

Just wondering. Seattle is quiet a journey from Atlanta, isn't it.

Even with today's modern travel, it ain't quick.

My question is: How much longer is the trip to England? I know

the Hawks must have passports but that should be no problem as

they re now necessary to go play the Toronto R's.

Heck, I'll just guess it will not be THAT many more hours in the air.

Some of you jet set let the old man know. Just curious.

GO HAWKS!!

8 hrs, I've done it twice - easy peasy.The flights are usually evening flights so the trick is to sleep as much on the flight as you can. With the time change when you arrive in London it'll be about mid-morning so the trick is to stay awake since it'll be morning and go to bed your usual time or for good measure an earlier bedtime would be the thing to do. You get a decent sleep and get up refreshed the next morning.At least that's what worked for me.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Men, that will be a great chance to show Europe that there is a team called Atlanta Hawks that can play good basketball. I'm bored of being asked about which team do I support and hear always: "Who are them? I have never heard anything about that team... I like Lakers"

It doesn't care how many hours by plane it takes, London worths all those hours. I LOVE London.

Edited by Ebert
  • Like 1

Men, that will be a great chance to show Europe that there is a team called Atlanta Hawks that can play good basketball. I'm bored of being asked about which team do I support and hear always: "Who are them? I have never heard anything about that team... I like Lakers"

It doesn't care how many hours by plane it takes, London worths all those hours. I LOVE London.

I LOVE London... said no Spaniard ever until Ebert today :)

You are completely right thought we need international exposure. I'm guessing that we are gaining a lot more international experience since Danny Ferry took over and has started making us more like the Spurs and that's a great thing. I can say for sure that international registrations on here have gone up significantly since this past offseason.

• Like 1

Do you really think that London is a good place to show off a basketball team ? The British are the most unsporting nation in Europe.All they care for is football and then after a long wait there is probably darts/horses or something like that.Basketball is played and watched in Southern and Eastern Europe.If you want exposure in Europe for a basketball team you play in Istanbul,Moscow,Belgrade,Athens,Milan not in London where 90% of the audience will be Americans who work in London or immigrants.

I really don't understand what is the deal with London and the o2 arena they have been buying events in every sport .The Euroleague F4 was a farce,they organized it so bad that at one point some players took brooms to wipe the floor them self's because the guys whose job was it were incompetent now the want to have the handballs F4 which will have the same result.If it is not football London and the UK are the places where other sports go to die.

Also I think I must add that it takes more to get international support than signing up players.The NBA was HUGE in the Balkans in the 80`s and 90`s .Every night in 2-3`am people would gather outside to watch games and then go to work directly.Every kid knew every team and every player.Today most discussions about the NBA are about players and teams in the 80`s and 90`s.What turned people off was the fact that teams could move which for a European is an unimaginable thing,tanking and than the first 2 brought the notion that it was not a sport but entertainment.Play good basketball and give all you have in every game and international support will come Memphis became really popular because of their defense,Minnesota was popular briefly because they signed a lot of European players but because of they way the play everyone now thinks of them as losers .

I dunno if they ever plan on having a team out of London then they need to drum up as much interest in the NBA as they can. They're probably better off having marquee teams play over there though.

Ya I'm surprised they chose us and the Nets. Why not the Heat/Spurs or Knicks/Lakers. Seems like an odd choice. I'm specially bummed because its a home game for us. Man, after all these years of screwing us, you'd think Stern would take him foot off the gas pedal in his last year, but nope. Smh.