• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kudos to Danny Ferry for Two F Grade Drafts.

LastDon

Passed on Wroten Jr. who is a decent backup combo guard.

If you like a guard who makes Teague look like Korver in shooting then by all means go for Wroten. Oh yeah and he turns it over at an alarming rate as well. 1:1 assist to turnover ratio, 40% on FGs, 23% on 3's, 47 true shooting % and 43 effective fg %. No thank you to that mess! Shelvin Mack is the superior player in nearly every area but let's not give Ferry any credit for him...

• Like 1

I don't like Jenkins but I Dennis is good and we have no idea about Bebe although he did look good in the SL.

Jenkins gets another year to try and prove himself and I'll give Schröder and Bebe at least 3 years before I make any judgments on them but I like their chances of being good players.

Jenkins had a decent rookie season under LD. I wouldn't even count any of his stats for this season - from the beginning of summer league I kept saying that I hoped something was still wrong with Jenkins because there was no way that his shooting could fall off the cliff the way it did and I was right.

Jenkins was pick #23 - who are the players drafted after him that are making any significant impact (besides our own Mike Scott)?

It's a shame that Jenkins got hurt - would have like to see his development under Bud.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I feel if JJ was 100% he would be very effective and it would allow Bud to get Kyle more rest. Im pretty sure kyle is the only player Bud plays more than 32mpg this season. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators

would have like to see his development under Bud.

There is still time for that. I thought Jenkins would be a very productive player this season but he was abysmal on the court. Hopefully, all that is traceable to the injury and will be out of the picture next year.

Boooooooo. Lol

This is all I can find.

Atlanta Hawks guard John Jenkins underwent successful lower back surgery this morning. The surgery was performed by Dr. Hal Silcox from the Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic.

Jenkins will undergo a period of rest and recovery, followed by treatment and rehabilitation, and will miss the remainder of the season.

I don't think everyone should be dumping so hard on the OP here. I agree this is like judging a team 16 games into a season - too small a sample size but the actual production from the draft so far is terrible for the 3 first round picks. While there is plenty of time to validate these picks and catch up, the fact that I bet no one can find a team with lesser stats from their last 3 first round picks is enough of an argument to grant the OP freedom from ridicule.

The OP is really betting that there is no big improvement to come from Jenkins, Schröder and Bebe while the ones doing the ridiculing are betting on big jumps from at least 2 of the 3 players.

I can see the frustration with a roster that was built to win now and be financially flexible was paired with rookies who are slow-growth prospects more naturally paired with a tanking approach than a roster with playoff aspirations. I get that there will be some frustration from that disconnect.

No one wants to address the last paragraph. Seems an interesting observation

• Premium Member

Doesn't sound too good for Jenkins with a lower back surgery. I think Schröder has upside in the future but he has a long way to go, he doesn't know how to actually play the game at this point. I don't look for much from Bebe.

• Premium Member

I'm not sure how you can say these picks are slow growth right now. Too early. And jenkins might bounce back. Glass half full vs half empty i guess. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No one wants to address the last paragraph. Seems an interesting observation

What is to discuss? We have an injured 1st rounder having back surgery , a 2nd round pick absolutley beasting right now , there is the skilled and promising Dennis who is still a youngin still growing into the league.. Does not all that bad to me..Lets not even get started on Bebe because nobody knows what we have with him , if anything at all.. That puts us back at whats to discuss I believe?Too give Ferry an F grade for these drafts is nothing more then driving an agenda.. period!
  • Like 3

TeagueJohnsonMarvinJSmooveHortfordbench consisted of nothing but scrubs and no cap room for anything..Thats where we were when Ferry took over + mediocre head coach..How anyone can expect Ferry too turn that situation into a championship in 2 years is beyond me..He is off to a great start IMO and hiring Bud is proving to be a stroke of brillance..

• Like 3

TeagueJohnsonMarvinJSmooveHortfordbench consisted of nothing but scrubs and no cap room for anything..Thats where we were when Ferry took over + mediocre head coach..How anyone can expect Ferry too turn that situation into a championship in 2 years is beyond me..He is off to a great start IMO and hiring Bud is proving to be a stroke of brillance..

I tell you what, you replace LD with Budz and Josh with Millsap and you've got a contender in the East. Assuming we had this same bench anyway. Maybe even swap Marvin with Korver but I think Budz could get more out of Marvin than anyone has.

But yeah you make a great point here.

• Like 2