• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's February, deadline's coming up...

ATLnightwing

A lot of names have surfaced on the rumor mill (Monroe, Waiters, Turner, Hawes, Thad Young, etc.). Could a surprise trade be in the making? Will we finally get our "James Harden-type" surprise star? What realistic trade would you be hoping for?

Personally, I would be more than content with any of the above. I see star potential in Monroe, Waiters, and Turner though.

Bonus Question: We would have to obviously lose some players to get some. Who would you want to leave Atlanta? I would be ecstactic to have Lou Williams traded as the centerpiece from our end. I think in a reasonable deal, I would be ok with departing with Teague.

Edited by ATLnightwing

• Moderators

Monroe seems like a perfect target in the Harden mold (good talent who could be more and may be let go by his team) but Detroit seems to have PG, PF and C covered so what do we have that would motivate them?

Monroe seems like a perfect target in the Harden mold (good talent who could be more and may be let go by his team) but Detroit seems to have PG, PF and C covered so what do we have that would motivate them?

Detroit can always use a 1st round pick and an inefficient chucker so let's send them our 2014 and Lou Williams. I'm even willing to take KCP to balance salaries :)

• Like 1

Detroit can always use a 1st round pick and an inefficient chucker so let's send them our 2014 and Lou Williams. I'm even willing to take KCP to balance salaries Posted Image

Isn't KCP a Georgia product? Haha

Anyway, from what I've heard, Detroit is desperate for change as their 3 big man line-up isn't working. I would not be surprised if the accepted something like that with Lou.

Also, I see a lot of similarities between Dion Waiters and James Harden's situations in terms of being explosive bench scorers while being only 3rd options on their squads.

• Like 1

Detroit can always use a 1st round pick and an inefficient chucker so let's send them our 2014 and Lou Williams. I'm even willing to take KCP to balance salaries :)

I am down with this... Monroe needsto be put back his position where he fits..Thats center..I know Drummonds is a force in the paint but I would seriously struggle with which one to trade..
  • Like 1

Isn't KCP a Georgia product? Haha

Anyway, from what I've heard, Detroit is desperate for change as their 3 big man line-up isn't working. I would not be surprised if the accepted something like that with Lou.

Also, I see a lot of similarities between Dion Waiters and James Harden's situations in terms of being explosive bench scorers while being only 3rd options on their squads.

Let me tell you being the biggest Syracuse fan you'll find around here. I WOULD NOT trade for Dion Waiters under ANY circumstances. He's not James Harden in any way shape or form. He can get hot and score in a variety of ways but he's nowhere near the scoring talent that Harden is. He wasn't even a starter in college and was drafted waaay too high for his talent. I like Dion and I'd like having him on my team but he'd be a 6th man where he's best suited to come in and score. I think he could be the best in the league honestly if he were a 6th man. But don't ever expect he'll be anywhere near the player that Harden is.

I am down with this... Monroe needsto be put back his position where he fits..Thats center..I know Drummonds is a force in the paint but I would seriously struggle with which one to trade..

Yep I think he would be a good center if you pair him with a solid PF like Horford or Millsap. If there were any way to get him without giving up either of those guys then I'd use one of them, probably Horford, to try and get a really good player at another position.

• Like 1

I am torn on this.. I wanna keep Al so bad , and with him out for the year what do you expect to net with him? Afflalo? I am completely sold with DMC at SF now , so we would have to get a stud SG in return at the least..Teague AfflaloDMCMilsapMonroeKorver would be 1st of the bench with Scott after him..that would make Lou completely expendable for a trade..Not to mention Korver can play the 2 & 3 with a choice of a smaller lineup where Mack or Dennis or even Teague could play the 2

Edited by savwboy
  • Like 1

I am torn on this.. I wanna keep Al so bad , and with him out for the year what do you expect to net with him?Afflalo? I am completely sold with DMC at SF now , so we would have to get a stud SG in return at the least..TeagueAfflaloDMCMilsapMonroeKorver would be 1st of the bench with Scott after him..that would make Lou completely expendable for a trade..

Horford is worth more than Afflalo and is far from a stud SG

• Like 1

I am torn on this.. I wanna keep Al so bad , and with him out for the year what do you expect to net with him?Afflalo? I am completely sold with DMC at SF now , so we would have to get a stud SG in return at the least..TeagueAfflaloDMCMilsapMonroeKorver would be 1st of the bench with Scott after him..that would make Lou completely expendable for a trade..

I agree on using Horford as a trade piece. Aside from his injury, I think it is time for change of scenery from both sides. No disrespect to the man.

Now I would for sure prefer to trade Teague first.

Horford is worth more than Afflalo and is far from a stud SG

Yes I agree 100% , he was just the 1st to pop in my head..infact after thinking about it I really cannot come up with a SGvia trade...

Would def. Keep Al.. hopefully we can do Something to get a nice scoring sg and a defensive c..... hawes would be good temporarily? And maybe his teamate Turner. If we really wanna make a run. Hope something goes down thiugh.

I am sorry but Hawes justdoes nothing for me.. Turner too

Only temporarily... turner can score yo.

Honestly looking at stats he seems very DMC on offense.. Add in DMC on defense and I prefer who we have overTurner