• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's February, deadline's coming up...

ATLnightwing

I'm guessing those of you saying this about Hawes haven't seen him play or haven't checked his stats. He's equal to or better than Horford almost across the board.

Edit - at least he was at the time Horf went down and that's the last time I've checked.

Why not move horford pf.Hawes cMillsap sfSomeone like affalo I guess sgAnd teagueCan this team make it tk the finals with bud???

Idk about finals but we would for sure be a force in the playoffs.

Hawes numbers are coming down. I still like the guy but he's not on Horford's level.

I want him because he's 7'1 and can finally move Al to PF. Would be a great addition.

Idk about finals but we would for sure be a force in the playoffs. I want him because he's 7'1 and can finally move Al to PF. Would be a great addition.

7'1 and scared of the paint.. loves the 3 point line too.. he is nothing more then a large SFMonroe please..not as big but not scared Edited by savwboy

I doubt you can ever make Kevin Love stay with the hawks even if he would get traded here. That guy played in a small market town for so long now, and he is appearently dreaming of the lakers. No offense, but I believe for many players its something special to wear a Lakers uniform. Even if it means that there will be less success initially. I just read an article (please don't bash me) on a german nba page about tim ohlbrecht playing pretty good again in the d-league. From what i heard it's quite intresting that that dude, rather plays for small money in america then for big bucks in europe. He seems to really want it and maybe he should get a shot somewhere. Sorry if this completly stupid, but maybe i just fell for some german propaganda. Maybe he would also be a good tutor to dennis schröder, fellow german, good work ethic and problably awesome mindset.

I say we go all in and trade for Love. Show him the system we have in place and keep him here long term.

What are we giving up to get him? And what happens if he leaves after we go all in. What are we left with?

Not a lot of these guys are enticing to me honestly. Monroe is a maybe but his defense is pretty atrocious and he's a RFA this offseason.

Also, people talking about trading Horford just to trade him. Smh. I'm fine with Horford getting sent out but it'd have to be for a stud or lotto pick plus stuff. Horford eats Hawes for lunch. I'd send out Horford or Millsap for someone like Love or for a top 5 pick but for Afflalo? Not worth it at all.

We've got like $10M to add somebody in free agency. That should be enough.

• Premium Member

What are we giving up to get him? And what happens if he leaves after we go all in. What are we left with?

Trade them Millsap or Horford plus whatever else to make the salaries work. If we have the system in place that Ferry keeps saying he has then why would Love leave? He wants a team that can make the playoffs and has the right infrastructure around him to contend. That's exactly all we hear from Ferry and Bud.

• Moderators

Philadelphia Freedom?

FoxSports' Sam Amico keeps the rumor mill spinning...

http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/nba-beat-with-new-commish-seattle-back-on-nba-radar-020314

Philadelphia has "stepped up" efforts to trade swingman Evan Turner, according to a report by SportingNews.com. As FOX Sports Ohio reported early in the season, the 76ers are also very open to moving forward Thaddeus Young and center Spencer Hawes. The Suns, Los Angeles Clippers and Atlanta Hawks are all especially intrigued, according to FSO sources.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

Philadelphia Freedom?

FoxSports' Sam Amico keeps the rumor mill spinning...

http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/nba-beat-with-new-commish-seattle-back-on-nba-radar-020314

~lw3

I really like Young but we don't need another PF. Can he play SF?.

Hawes makes more sense and is a decent player but I can't see the Hawks giving up a 1st round pick for him.