• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves sign Freedie Freeman to 8yrs/$125M Deal

WraithSentinel

If we can't get Kimbrel locked up, then we most definently need to lock up Simmons. He may, in a few years, be the Braves' best player.

I think they're both signifigantly more important than Freddie, but whatever. I rock with Fred all day, but 15 a year is pretty damn steep for a first baseman. Saving runs in the field and taking extra base pads in addition to outstanding hitting are the qualities I look for in a $100 million dollar man, but I trust the Braves have their business in order. If there are any problems at all signing Kimbrel and Simmons, then I'll know they don't and imma be like wtf. Simmons is like a Holy Grail to purists and advanced geeks alike. I've seen Kimbrel's name on all type of short lists with pitchers who have bronzed statues or in line for one.It's certainly a bold and out-of-character move for the Braves, but I much rather them make that move on a homegrown prospect who's popularity will skyrocket with steady improvement and the stadium move closer to the "season ticket holder demographic."My main concern with the Nraves by far is the configuration of the new stadium. Gotda&m it we had a perfect combination of players to fit that field, the most fair in baseball IMO. Who the hell leads their league in HRs and ERA? Only us in Turner. I wish they just pick it up, fly it up 75, and drop it. Edited by benhillboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I am kind of surprised that Freddie got so much guaranteed money. He is the face of our franchise for sure. Getting Simmons signed to a deal needs to be done soon IMO. If we can get him signed long term I will feel much better. This new stadium better make as much money as the owners think it will if we are going to be able to pay everyone.