• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm not gonna fall for it this time...

ATLnightwing

The biggest move since Ferry came was the Joe Johnson trade, and even then, we didn't get anything in return but cap space.

Since then? We all (definitely myself included) got super excited at last year's trade deadline. I recall waiting excitedly till the last second telling all my friends that a big trade is about to come, only to be disappointed.

Same story last summer.Everyone was hyping up Dwight Howard and the arrival of other free agents. We did not get a big time star with all that money. Again, I was greatly disappointed.

*Before anyone brings up Millsap, yes he is a pleasant surprise. No, I did not expect him to become an all-star, and I am happy for that. He's a great player, but not the team changer we were looking for. I give him credit for potentially keeping us in the playoffs this year.

Here we are again, however, there's not as much trade hype for us at this deadline. Regardless, I honestly do not expect anything major or ground breaking. In fact, NOTHING notable will happen.

Everyone always talks about Ferry having something up his sleeve. Maybe he doesn't? To me, it looks like he's just treading water hoping that someone just suddenly becomes good or a young guy blows up.

To conclude my unfortunate semi-rant, it saddens me to say that I think we are going to be treading mediocrity for the next couple of years, similar to what the Bobcats and Kings are going through.

• Like 1

• Moderators

This is going to be the case for the whole league i think. I hope i'm wrong but i expect a whole lot of nothing. Everyone wants picks that no one is trading. Everyone has mid level talent on contracts that are way too expensive under the new system.

But i agree with you. I don't expect the Hawks to do much until the offseason.

Hope you are wrong but make a lot of Sense

I mean sh**, I hope I'm wrong too. The opportunities are there! Lets go for a guy like Waiters! When was the last time we had a dynamic scorer? When was the last time we had someone on the team who's exciting to watch?! We could go for a guy like Monroe! He has great fundamentals and post scoring ability that could for a big frontline with Horford and Millsap.

The point I was just trying to make is that I don't see Ferry as an ambitious guy. I'm getting the idea that he's patient and is willing to take it slow. So for us hawks fans expecting an immediate impact player, well, we should keep dreaming...

• Like 1

The trade deadline has always been a lot of hype. Most teams trade closer to the draft when the pics are solidified.

Can you imagine how bad Ferry would look if he traded our pick based on our current standings and then the Hawks wound up with the 12 to 15 pick?

With the kinds of deals we have been hearing about, I hope you are right. The team is in free fall now, but nothing a few home games against some lousy teams won't fix. In the meantime, every deal I've heard of is a loser.

Edited by Randy

I mean sh**, I hope I'm wrong too. The opportunities are there! Lets go for a guy like Waiters! When was the last time we had a dynamic scorer? When was the last time we had someone on the team who's exciting to watch?! We could go for a guy like Monroe! He has great fundamentals and post scoring ability that could for a big frontline with Horford and Millsap. The point I was just trying to make is that I don't see Ferry as an ambitious guy. I'm getting the idea that he's patient and is willing to take it slow. So for us hawks fans expecting an immediate impact player, well, we should keep dreaming...

Have you even seen Waiters play? He is a one selfish a$$ player.

• Moderators

If Kobe and James Harden are considered chuckers than I say by all means bring Waiters.

Kobe Bryant 2012-13: .570 TS%

James Harden 2012-13: .600 TS%; 2013-14 .600 TS%

Dion Waiter 2012-13: .492 TS%; 2013-14 .492 TS%

One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong....

• Like 4

• Moderators

Let's take this a step farther. Remember how we all this Lou Williams has been struggling as a scorer this season?

Lou Williams 2013-14 .511 TS%

Dion Waiters 2013-14 .492 TS%

Is the upgrade supposed to be Dion's defense?

This is a really good team with Al Horford healthy. Too bad he is not.Waiting on the off season here.Must admit........a frontline of Green, Milsap, and Horford intrigues me. Then have BeBe and Antić off the bench. I like the sound of that. That is the kind of frontline that can stand up to the Pacers and bully the Heat.This team is in an Abyss now with tough luck.....both of our best centers are down at the same time.Hope to see Jenkins get healthy for next year and hope to see Dennis get some playing time down the stretch.Absolutely love Coach Bud.......he has just had some real tough luck with an injury to our best player and his backup. Reminds me of the UGA football season.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1