• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Guys, we can do it as a team. We can contend for the title.

NBASupes

The Tank Championship

To qualify, you need to be in the top 7.

We just need to be in top 7 and we are good for the most part.

Cleveland is 4 games back of us and they are 9th seed. NYK is 4.5 games back and 8th seed.

We need to be 7th seed which is currently 7 games back on us.

Boston got Rondo, Green, and Sullinger back and healthy.

Cleveland playing great ball and just got Hawes.

We need to make a collaborative effort to suck. More Dennis and Lou. More injuries, especially Millsap. We need a season ender by you Sap. Teague has been playing great ball of late. Keep it up. Coach Bud, chill with the headcore coaching for AT least this year.

At the end of the day, Exum, Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, Smart, and Rodney Hood are more useful for our future than anyone of you vets outside of Horf.

Tank on three. 1,2,3 TANK!

Posted Image

• Like 2

So you're saying there's a chance?

Yes, a small chance. We have to continue to have big losing streaks and they have to get hot. Especially Boston.

Getting into the top 6 isn't realistic. The West is too good for teams like the Kings and Lakers, especially the Lakers.

• Moderators

We have no chance at the #7 pick.

Do we really think now that the trade line is over that Boston and Utah are going try to win games? No.

We are 25-28. They are 19-34 and 19-36. They will win 9 or 10 games playing like they have so far. Let's assume they win more down the stretch than they have been winning so far because they have so much motivation to win now and they end up winning 11 of their remaining games.

30-52 becomes the benchmark.

We have to finish 5-24 to TIE that record. 5-24 is a 17% win rate. Even the Milwaukee Bucks have won at a higher rate than that.

On top of that we will have other teams tanking down the stretch like Denver and NO that we will have to pass in the standings.

Posted Image

We have no chance at the #7 pick.

Do we really think now that the trade line is over that Boston and Utah are going try to win games? No.

We are 25-28. They are 19-34 and 19-36. They will win 9 or 10 games playing like they have so far. Let's assume they win more down the stretch than they have been winning so far because they have so much motivation to win now and they end up winning 11 of their remaining games.

30-52 becomes the benchmark.

We have to finish 5-24 to TIE that record. 5-24 is a 17% win rate. Even the Milwaukee Bucks have won at a higher rate than that.

On top of that we will have other teams tanking down the stretch like Denver and NO that we will have to pass in the standings.

Posted Image

I don't care about the West teams like LA, Utah, or Sac. They are a lock to be in a better position than us as well as Mil and Philly. I care about Boston, Cleveland, New York, and Detroit. Those are teams we can realistic catch. Boston have Rondo, Sullinger, Green, Kelly O, and Coach Stevens, they can easily get on a 5 to 7 game win streak.

Your estimation is based on the fact that you have us winning the same amount of games based on our current record at 82 games. We aren't in that position right now. Basically. We need to have two major losing streaks. I am talking two 10 game losing streaks. More injuires and players struggling to produce.

Boston has it players back.

Cleveland is streaking and the talent is there.

Atlanta has one of the strongest schedules remaining in the East so I feel good about our potential to suck really bad and lose a lot of games.

• Moderators

I don't care about the West teams like LA, Utah, or Sac. They are a lock to be in a better position than us as well as Mil and Philly. I care about Boston, Cleveland, New York, and Detroit. Those are teams we can realistic catch. Boston have Rondo, Sullinger, Green, Kelly O, and Coach Stevens, they can easily get on a 5 to 7 game win streak.

Your estimation is based on the fact that you have us winning the same amount of games based on our current record at 82 games. We aren't in that position right now. Basically. We need to have two major losing streaks. I am talking two 10 game losing streaks. More injuires and players struggling to produce.

Boston has it players back.

Cleveland is streaking and the talent is there.

Atlanta has one of the strongest schedules remaining in the East so I feel good about our potential to suck really bad and lose a lot of games.

No. I am not assuming what we need to do. I am saying these teams have every incentive in the world to tank and assume they actually do slightly better than they have to date. Then I am looking at us needing to win only 17% of our games to hit the #7 slot in the draft lottery and noting that no team in the entire NBA has lost that much. Of course, this ignores the fact that every one of these teams should rationally be trying to lose as much as possible once it is clear they aren't making the playoffs and we've seen with Boston that they are throwing all their eggs in the tanking for picks basket at this point so I think counting on big wins from them is not realistic.

If we kept pace with our progress to date, we would finish 39-43 and be in the playoffs.

The way I see these teams is:

Cleveland will keep trying in the short term but their run of great scheduling is over (for example, they just got Sacramento, Orlando, Philly and Detroit their last 4 games) so the streak will be ending very soon.

NY will keep trying to win the rest of the season. They are just a disfunctional mess.

Your premise assumes we can jump past Cleveland, NY, Detroit, Charlotte, Denver and NO. That will still not put us in the top 7 if it happens and I don't think that all those teams are going to bust their rears for meaningless wins at the expense of their draft position down the stretch. A team like Denver should be ready to tank hard, for example. A team like NO only keeps their pick if it is at the top of the draft so why are they going to win, win, win and let us pass them?

It isn't realistic.

Edited by AHF

7 out of our next 10 games are on the road:

Away - Detroit, Bos, Phx, PTL, GSW, LAC, UTAH.

Home - NYK, CHI, Bucks.

How many games can we win with this depleted roster? Teague is out tomorrow at Detroit with his sprained ankle (day to day after that). Ayón another 2 weeks.

• Premium Member

I hate the thought of tanking, but this seasone is pretty much done. Losing EVERY single game would get us a lottery pick, but there's no way that's gonna happen. This team still continues to fight despite the injuries and a part of me admires that even though I know there's no point. The team overachieved early on and now the time to tank with any real purpose(top 5 pick) has passed. Hindsight is 20/20, but if I knew Horf was going to go down for the season and the ijurie bug would hit the whole team, I would've been on the tank train from the get go.

• Moderators

Its so much clearer now that the deadline is passed. No sense rushing guys back from injury. Still we need some bigs so we don't kill Elton. I hope we sign him for next year and he can cruise until playoff time. Can't we still use the DPE to pickup a free agent? Sign Petro or Collins.

I wonder how much the ASG wants playoff money though.

Its so much clearer now that the deadline is passed. No sense rushing guys back from injury. Still we need some bigs so we don't kill Elton. I hope we sign him for next year and he can cruise until playoff time. Can't we still use the DPE to pickup a free agent? Sign Petro or Collins. I wonder how much the ASG wants playoff money though.

The DPE expires sometime in March - 10th or there about not exactly sure.

There seems to be some underlining bigotry when it comes to "Euro" players. I'm pretty sure it's not the case but the tone used when speaking of them always paints them as second class citizens. You'd think in 2014 we'd be better than that. But of course as we all know the 2 "Euro" players on the roster means that's all we ever look for. Damn you Ferry.

• Like 2