• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Johnny Football

benhillboy

Thoughts on how he'll do? I personally think he's gonna show out. His instincts are too good. I love his downfield ball flight, then just learned yesterday he has abnormally large hands and feet. Being an a$$hole hurts most of the time in most arenas of life, but I think it will serve him well. He's gonna be Drew Brees with a smaller brain and a bigger arm. Completion percentage will be middle of the pack, but the quality of his completions (yards per, tight windows) will be top notch. Hopefully the team that takes him is very strict in him being judicious with his running though. Thinking he's still at A&M will get the ball on the carpet and him on the trainer's table real quick. If you ain't Cam size sit it down.

Edited by benhillboy

Depends on where he lands:JF needs a coach who will play to his strengths rather than try to make him purely conventional.More accurate in the pocket than many give him credit for.The RG3 stuff worries me tho (not a great pure comparison but ... )Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think he's going to be a star. He's the next Russell Wilson and I love the kids fire. He may be an asshole but so were a lot of the greats. Dan Marino had a baby from an affair and he was a total asshole on the field and he's one of the best ever. Johnny Football has incredible instincts and he's got a good enough body to take the pounding that a mobile QB needs. I don't see any way that the Texans pass him up and they've got enough talent on both sides of the ball to turn it around with some good QB play and possibly make some real noise. He's saying he wants to be the 1st rookie QB to ever win the Super Bowl and I love that attitude.

• 1 month later...

Apparently his Pro Day went very well. There has never been nor will there ever be another guy who brings dying Presidents out to see him exhibit. He sat down with ESPN in a soft interview and he sounded great. I'm anxious to see this kid. The Browns and Texans don't matter to the NFL. I want him to bring the Raiders back.

Edited by benhillboy

He should go kiss Russell Wilson's feet for this opportunity as there's never been a better time for a short, super athletic QB to come into the draft. I think he's gonna be a stud!

Benny why would you wish anyone to go to that awful plague of a team? I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up a Cowboy as that's just the type of pick and possibly trade that Jerry Jones would make to bring enormous attention to his team while at the same time rubbing it in Houston's face if he turns out to be a good QB.

• 1 month later...

Don't see it, especially not immediately. The comparisons to Wilson and Brees need to stop. He's not the athlete Wilson is nor is he built like Russell. Brees...I'm not even going to touch that one. Bad mechanics with little pocket presence and a slight build spells disaster in my mind. Wilson and Brees both are the type of guys who Move or Slide away from pressure IN THE POCKET.....manziel tries to run away from it, that may work in college but not in the NFL. The kid may be decent but that's about it, lots if hype for a middling qb if that.

He must've been poor in interviews. All of a sudden, I saw analysts pointing out grave mistakes in finding open men. I think it's official though, if Cleveland takes you, you likely aren't any good. I wouldn't wish for any young player to go there or Detroit. Even in the rampant parity of the league, the dysfunction of those franchises still lingers with each game. It will be a miracle if he can succeed with such a premium on defenses now, especially being in the AFC North.

I was positive Jerryworld was pulling the trigger on him, though. He actually tried to make a football move and drafted defense. He lives for headlines, controversy, and profits. Manziel wouldve brought all 3 to his hometown team instantly.

Edited by benhillboy

I live in Cincinnati and the Bengal fans are hating on Manziel. Personally, I think he will be great for Cleveland. He has already got fans around the NFL talking about him and the Browns like no one else on their team has in a long, long, time.

Edited by Buzzard

Don't see it, especially not immediately. The comparisons to Wilson and Brees need to stop. He's not the athlete Wilson is nor is he built like Russell. Brees...I'm not even going to touch that one. Bad mechanics with little pocket presence and a slight build spells disaster in my mind. Wilson and Brees both are the type of guys who Move or Slide away from pressure IN THE POCKET.....manziel tries to run away from it, that may work in college but not in the NFL. The kid may be decent but that's about it, lots if hype for a middling qb if that.

Not the athlete that Wilson is?? If there's one area where he's a stud it's his athleticism. No he's not RG3 but he's very athletic.

I will give you that Manziel has a problem with him scrambling too much but he creates plays like Big Ben like that.

His lack of size and playing style could end up being a problem as he's going to take a lot of hits but he's a tough kid.

He is a good athlete, but he's still not the athlete Russell is. And yeah Big Ben can run around and make plays bc he's huge....johnny is definitely not that.

He is a good athlete, but he's still not the athlete Russell is. And yeah Big Ben can run around and make plays bc he's huge....johnny is definitely not that.

I disagree, I've seen a lot of Manziel's games and the things he does to buy his WRs time or to get himself a running lane are extremely athletic. Wilson is pretty athletic but he's not on RG3s level either. I see him and Manziel on the same level.

He bought time in college yes....not disagreeing with that. What I'm saying is that he shouldn't bank on doing that all the time in the pros, you can't try and escape the pocket all the time and think you won't get hurt. Look at guys like Vick and RG3 who are WAY better athletes than he is but stay hurt bc they break the pocket to much. He feels pressure and flees, not gonna work.

He bought time in college yes....not disagreeing with that. What I'm saying is that he shouldn't bank on doing that all the time in the pros, you can't try and escape the pocket all the time and think you won't get hurt. Look at guys like Vick and RG3 who are WAY better athletes than he is but stay hurt bc they break the pocket to much. He feels pressure and flees, not gonna work.

We will have to see. Doug Flutie got away with it and he was a shrimp. I do agree he's nowhere near the athlete Vick and RG3 are.