• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clowney wants to go to Falcons?!

benhillboy

He might be a little overrated, but he is a raw talent that has a lot of room for growth. I think the questions about work ethic and passion were overblown. I don't blame the guy for trying to secure his future as a professional. He will be a pro bowler and a top DE in this league, but I don't think his impact will be immediate.With all that said, I think I'd still rather have the LT from Auburn over him.

He might be a little overrated, but he is a raw talent that has a lot of room for growth. I think the questions about work ethic and passion were overblown. I don't blame the guy for trying to secure his future as a professional. He will be a pro bowler and a top DE in this league, but I don't think his impact will be immediate.With all that said, I think I'd still rather have the LT from Auburn over him.

You have to have technique to get by in the NFL and you have to have a motor and he's got neither of those. He's got enormous raw skills but I see him being a massive bust.

Exceptional 40, piss poor bench, if you value that kinda thing. I know all the rumblings about him, but I'm down with a big-name splash. I never was a fan of Abraham, so I can't remember a dominant rusher. If he turns out to be one he'll own this city.

Edited by benhillboy

You have to have technique to get by in the NFL and you have to have a motor and he's got neither of those. He's got enormous raw skills but I see him being a massive bust.

Technique is learned. Quite frankly, we don't know what his effort is like if he was playing not to get hurt all last season.

Technique is learned. Quite frankly, we don't know what his effort is like if he was playing not to get hurt all last season.

That may be the case but it's sure not the type of guy I would draft. Imagine his last year on contracts and him playing it safe to not get hurt?And there's zero chance I would spend a top 10 pick on a guy who doesn't have basic college fundamentals. I'd go with another position and take Ford in the 2nd round.

You don't need a whole lot of fundamentals rushing the passer. Most college players don't have. This isn't the LT or QB position. The elite DEs typically come in with the same level of skill and athleticism. They develop their repertoire in the league. You can't get away with coasting in the pros. It is somewhat excusable now because an injury could cost him millions if he were to drop into the late 1st. However, if he did it as a pro it would be scrutinized more and counter productive, costing him money.

Sign me up! He's a freak of nature for his size. All of this garbage about his work ethic is bologna. Who has poor work ethic and performs that well in the combine? If you can tell me a real reason to pass up on a 6'6 280lb player with an 83 inch wingspan that runs a 4.53 forty then i might can agree.. Nobody! Sounds like a bitter coach upset that his players leaving early. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Sign me up! He's a freak of nature for his size. All of this garbage about his work ethic is bologna. Who has poor work ethic and performs that well in the combine? If you can tell me a real reason to pass up on a 6'6 280lb player with an 83 inch wingspan that runs a 4.53 forty then i might can agree.. Nobody! Sounds like a bitter coach upset that his players leaving early.Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Difference between a naturally gifted freak who spends a ton of time working on his body and a guy who spends a time of time working on his craft. You'll see he's going to be a major bust. There's a very long list of guys like this who were "sure things" who were just awful in the pros. Brian Bozworth comes to mind as a guy who was a super athletic freak like this who was supposed to dominate but had a bad attitude.

No one knew how to hype themselves quite like The Boz did. Bosworth was easily one of the best players in college football history. He was flashy, charismatic, rocked a mullette, trash talked, and once challenged the NCAA while at Oklahoma, serving a suspension for steroids, by wearing a t-shirt that said "National Communists Against Athletes." It got him kicked off the team. He had swagger for better or worse.

The hype machine didn't stop at the pro level but the productivity sure did. Bosworth only played 24 games while only recording four sacks in his short career and eventually was forced to retire early into the 1989 season due to chronic shoulder injuries. Bosworth will be known for two things when all is said and done. First; is the play on Monday Night Football when Bo Jackson just steamrolled him at the goal line and his action movie career that followed. Anyone see Bosworth's Stone Cold? Do yourself a favor and watch that. It will put hair on your chest.

Or closer to home, how about...

LB Aundray Bruce (Falcons) No. 1 pick of 1988 NFL Draft

Bruce was supposed to be the next Lawrence Taylor according to scouts. He was more like Martin Lawrence. Despite tearing it up at Auburn, Bruce only racked up 42 starts 264 tackles, 32 sacks, no Pro Bowls in his 11 seasons in the league. What makes this pick painful for Falcons fans is that 11 Pro Bowlers were taken in the first 15 picks of that draft. Among that group was Neil Smith, Tim Brown, Sterling Sharpe, Keith Jackson, and Michael Irvin.

http://www.craveonline.com/sports/articles/493213-top-10-nfl-draft-busts

Clowney will not be a bust.

Well let's mark this and come back in a few years. If he's an All-Pro or a starter in the Pro Bowl by then I'll say he wasn't a bust. Otherwise you take a guy that high and he's just an average starter or worse he'll be a bust.

I want in on this, I'll go as far as to say clowney will be a better player than Jordan. How about it dol?

I want in on this, I'll go as far as to say clowney will be a better player than Jordan. How about it dol?

Sounds like a fair bet to me, except Jordan has a year up on him so it won't be fair until at least 3-4 years down the line. I've already seen how good Jordan can be, in the limited time the Dolphins got him on the field. But when you've got 2 double-digit sack guys on the ends ahead of you on the depth chart it's tough to find time. But let me know when Clowney can track Gronk or Graham 40 yards down the field and knock the ball away!

I wouldn't trade up, but if he is there at six take him.

I think you'd be better off trading back if he's still there and a team wants him bad enough. Might get a nice return on him and help build up some of that depth lost by moving up in drafts previously.

Difference between a naturally gifted freak who spends a ton of time working on his body and a guy who spends a time of time working on his craft. You'll see he's going to be a major bust. There's a very long list of guys like this who were "sure things" who were just awful in the pros. Brian Bozworth comes to mind as a guy who was a super athletic freak like this who was supposed to dominate but had a bad attitude. Or closer to home, how about... http://www.craveonline.com/sports/articles/493213-top-10-nfl-draft-busts

Bruce was severely misused..and the Falcons were inept. I remember those years.Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Bruce was severely misused..and the Falcons were inept. I remember those years.Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

I wasn't enough of an NFL fan (outside of the Dolphins and the very best teams plus AFC East teams) to remember him. Just saw that article where they were saying he could be the next LT and I've heard some ridiculous statements like that made towards Clowney.