• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves 2014 Season

I haven't been able to watch a game in over a month just do to their inconsistencies as a team. There seems to be no vocal club house leader, and the team chemistry seems to be faltering. This just isn't the same Braves' team from seasons past. Hopefully they can turn this damn thing around by seasons end. If not, one or both of Fredi Gonzalez and Frank Wren needs to start packing. 

• Like 1

I haven't been able to watch a game in over a month just do to their inconsistencies as a team. There seems to be no vocal club house leader, and the team chemistry seems to be faltering. This just isn't the same Braves' team from seasons past. Hopefully they can turn this damn thing around by seasons end. If not, one or both of Fredi Gonzalez and Frank Wren needs to start packing. 

I think one of the biggest differences between Cox and Gonzalez is that players would set their hair on fire and run through a brick wall if Cox told them to. Gonzalez has no where near that level of loyalty and trust from his players. I completely agree that it is time for a major organization change starting with Wren and Gonzo. 

• Like 1

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/atlanta-braves

- The Braves were close to pulling off a major deadline deal that would have sent center fielder B.J. Upton and a starter (which could have been either Mike Minor or Ervin Santana) to an unidentified club and for an unidentified return. The nature of the hypothetical return has not been revealed, but Rosenthal says that Atlanta ultimately felt it was not receiving sufficient value in return. Ultimately, the conception of the move was intended more to shake up the roster and clubhouse (in addition, no doubt, to shedding Upton’s future obligations), and Rosenthal says that a deal of that type could be revisited in the offseason.

Seriously Wren? You had a chance to get rid of BJ contract and didnt take it? I wouldn't believe this but if Ken reporting it. Then there must be some truths to it.

• Like 1

• Moderators

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/atlanta-braves

- The Braves were close to pulling off a major deadline deal that would have sent center fielder B.J. Upton and a starter (which could have been either Mike Minor or Ervin Santana) to an unidentified club and for an unidentified return. The nature of the hypothetical return has not been revealed, but Rosenthal says that Atlanta ultimately felt it was not receiving sufficient value in return. Ultimately, the conception of the move was intended more to shake up the roster and clubhouse (in addition, no doubt, to shedding Upton’s future obligations), and Rosenthal says that a deal of that type could be revisited in the offseason.

Seriously Wren? You had a chance to get rid of BJ contract and didnt take it? I wouldn't believe this but if Ken reporting it. Then there must be some truths to it.

Man, no kidding.   BJ and Santana for some bats and balls.   I mean I like Santan but will he even be here next year?   I'm guessing we were still on the hook for most of BJ's salary in these deals so we wanted something back.   

When did the Dodgers purchase ownership in the Braves? That is 7 straight and 8 of the last 9 going back to the playoffs I believe. Braves can't even beat a pitcher Dodgers got off the scrap heap even with their best pitcher going.

I don't see the Braves winning the East at this point. Perhaps not making the playoffs will serve as a wake-up call to Wren. The same wake-up call Falcons finally got to improve the OL and DL this offseason. Pitching hasn't been the issue despitie all the injuries to it. Then again I doubt that. He will fallback on losing Medlen,Beachy and Floyd as an excuse to keep things the same.

This Braves team feel like the Hawks in many ways. Good enough to make the playoffs. You know when they get there they have no chance in hell of doing anything.

• 1 month later...