Braves 2014 Season

Julio and Alex have look good in their outings. Alex in particular pitched very well. Uggla is off to a very good start. He actually look confident at the plate this year. BJ results so far haven't been great. He is putting up some good at bats compare to last year. Hopefully someting start to click for him. Otherwise Fredi need to look into a platoon situation.

BJ looks horrible so far. Everybody else at least looks decent. Good at bats and good contact from dan so far.

I doubt anyone is expecting anything out of Uggla and BJ and with good reason. With that being said. Uggla in particular has looked good at the plate so far. Uggla look like he got his confidence back. He was working alongside Freeman the entire offseason. Will that mean he will hit for a high average? Probably not and he might still be around around .225-.250. Uggla look condient early on which will hopefully mean a bounceback season for him. I am not sure about BJ though. BJ still got way too many moving parts in the batterbox.

Uggla actually looks good so far. Pitching looks great and Jason and Freddie came out the gate on fire. When we get minor back the rotation will be ok.

• Like 1

Braves finally score run without the need of a homerun today. Chris hitting a sac-fly to score Heyward. Hale pitch very well despite not feeling his best today. Bullpen was solid. Kimbrel seem to have found his breaking ball today. Lastly can either bench or platoon BJ. I prefer to release him outright and just eat the money.

Hopefully Frediot will move Melvin out of the 2 hole. Sit him on the bench and let Jordan or Pena take his spot and slide Jason to CF. I like what I'm seeing from Uggla. Hes hitting on all sides of the field. CJ and Freeman picked up where they left off from last season. Not worried about Jasons 0-15, he always starts off slow then picks up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think arguably the most important man on our team sits in the shadows in Roger McDowell. He can improve upon anyone: old guys who fell off, guys who never quite found their groove, All-Stars, bums, kids, geezers, power pitchers, finnesse guys, closers, starters, converted guys, lefties, righties, coming off Tommy John, no habla English. The man could probably send me out there for 5 scoreless.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

Can anyone name anyone in history with a similar swing to Freddie's? His bat stays in the zone forever. The ball flight on that towering home run defied physics. That contract is looking just right. His swing in slo-mo would make a hitting coach weak in th knees. Our scouts are by far some of the best in baseball, I think they saw he's a .300+ guy for the next 10 years a la Chipper, but with about 25% more power, and that prediction is starting out looking pretty lovely. Goodness that kid can hit.

Edited by benhillboy

It's just something about the Nats that brings out the best in us and I love it. Benhill I agree with everything you've said, our pitching staff is always on point and it really doesn't matter who's on the staff...it's amazing. Freddie is an absolute MONSTER and justin is smashing the ball right now. Jason always strata out slow but he'll pick it up and make this lineup absolutely ridiculous. Love this team so far.

It would be nice if all the Braves hitters could stay consistent like Freeman. That is what seperates him from rest of this line-up.

On a slightly different subject regarding the Nats. The Nats might end up being the best team in the East at the end of the year. What is funny to watch is just how defensive the media get when they are talking about them. You can just tell that is their pride and joy. lol