• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think this might be the turning point in our franchise

SeminoleDoug

One more game with two to go! Wizards up 3-1. Let's close this out and see if we can go take down the Wizards. How good would it be for free agency if we could make it to the Conference Finals?

Hawks go and get a GM from the Spurs organization. Falcons go and get a GM from the Patriots. We deserve this.

Seminole, I think you have something here but first thing's first. Beat the Pacers on Thursday and the possibilities open up like a flood....but to play make believe, let's say they do...

You'd have a likely second-round matchup with the Wiz. Like the Pacers, the 'experts' have all but giftwrapped them an easy trip to the ECFs. But it isn't as if they went 53-29 during the season; alas, they were only six games better than the Hawks. And although they won the regular-season series 3-1, the Hawks played them pretty tough. Even with close to half of their roster sitting out with injuries at one point, the Wiz still needed overtime to beat them in one of the games. I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL to see the Hawks take them down in six. Which means they make the ECFs for the first time in Atlanta history.

Then you have the ultimate David vs. Goliath, Rocky vs. Apollo matchup with the Heat (ESPN/ABC...errr...the Commish...errr...the refs...err...Lebron will ensure they get there over Toronto or Brooklyn). Everyone who's not based in Miami or a fan of the Lebrons would be rooting for the Hawks to pull the upset of biblical proportions. And when was the last time a large portion of the country rooted for the Hawks in ANYTHING??? No shame in going out in five or perhaps six if everything lines up and Adam Silver is so busy with the Sterling mess that he forgets to send in the troops in stripes to bail the Lebrons out in a tight ballgame.

If, and I mean a BIG if, that happens, it would do far more wonders than any 9-11th pick would've ever done had they simply jobbed out and allowed the Knicks to backdoor their way in. Folks in town would be talking about this team in a positive light for the first time in many years; even moreso than they did after the Boston series in 2008. As long as they allow Ferry some wiggle room to make moves and sit on their laurels like they did the last time (WLOC ring a bell?), they'll be the new talk of the town.

Now in terms of who they should pick up, well, there isn't all that much available. While I recognize that Lance Stephenson has star talent, he has locker room cancer written all over him. If the Pacers are having trouble corralling him with David West and Paul George riding shotgun, why bring him here? Trevor Ariza and maybe Luol Deng (if healthy) are much better buys if the price is right. Just me...

• Like 1

• Moderators

I will be incredibly excited to take on the Wizards if we can close out on Thursday. Can you imagine playing the Wizards for our first ECF ever in Atlanta? I would not have predicted anything that good to start the season, that is for sure.

• Like 3