• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Carter?

Playmaker0017

Sorry playmaker it wasnt the point on who was guarding him, but it was Dion and Dion played d@mn good on him. He was extremely hot and I put 100% of the blame on Stotts. Stotts has no freaking clue on what he was doing, when a player is that hot you send doubles on him as soon as he touches the ball. I put the blame on Stotts, im sorry but no player in this league should dominate your team like Carter did tonight. This was by far "THE MOST HEARTBREAKING LOSS THIS SEASON" A team that we should of dominated with the right coach, obsviously Stotts isnt.

I was in favor of keeping Stotts but I personally think he should be fired and quick, He made a huge mistake tonight and i blame it all on him. We should of own this team, the only freaking player they were going to was carter and he won the game for them and Stotts f-ucked up.

I agree with you that Stotts needs to go ASAP. It was obvious that Dion had no chance of stoping Vince and it is the coaches responsibility to recognize that mismatch and make the appropriate adjustments. However, Dion did not play good D if he allowed Vince to go off for 41.....it is simply not possible. Furthermore, his foul on Vince at the end of regulation was perhaps the dumbest decision in the history of basketball. In that situation you simply allow him to take an uncontested layup then go to the line with a one point lead. That was inexcusable.

In a situation like that, esp. in the OT, when one player is dominating you like that, and it's known that no one else on thier team can really make a shot, you double Carter and leave the inbounder unguarded. whatever you have to do to keep the ball from getting to Carter. Let someone else try and beat you...

• Admin

I mean [censored], that was a very fun game. yah the hawks melted. But if it weren' for vince carter being out of his mind, we win by 10-15. Say what you want, be critical of players or coaching. They certainly deserve the blame. But vince was ON. He's capable of doing that and something about Philips Arena just lights him up. It was a great game though. Watching a star do what they are paid to do, carry their team.

Reef played that part for us tonight. But a few too many mistakes and poorly called/ran plays, did us in. Reef had a great game though. I don't think he deserves any of the blame. He's stepped up to my criticism. If he sustains his recent play, which he's capable of doing. I think he can get the all-star game again. I hope he does.

• Premium Member

I don't post very often, but I actually had the chance to watch the game tonight. Often times, I will read the AJC sports page and come to hawksquawk and get a quick summary of what has been going on, so it is kind of nice to be able to post. But tonight, I am out of school for thanksgiving.

Anyways, I thought that JV did a nice job of guarding Vince. He was very agressive and did a respectable job of containing Vince on the perimeter. JV did tire quickly, it seemed, as a result of the physical play of Vince. I was curious as to why Dion was on Vince at the end of the game instead of JV or even Diaw (who played really well by the way). Dion was just too slow and Vince was just plain awesome. Oh well.

All of this thought about who can guard Vince makes me wonder if there is any way that the Hawks could get Vince Carter. It sure would be great to have someone exciting to watch. I might actually spend some of my funds (which are very minimal) if he was a Hawk.

Any responses are welcome.

Believe.

The allstar teams should look like this:

PG:Baron Davis/Jason Kidd

SG:Allen Iverosn/Pierce/Carter

SF:Tracy McGrady/Ron Artest

PF:Jermaine O'Neal/Kenyon Martin/Baker

C:Ben Wallace/Big Z

It's called the all-STAR game. You can't be a star

and never have won in 8 years of play. Sadly, Big

Z is there due to the lack of centers in the east.

All stars are not the players whose team have won the

most games over a period of time.

Using that as the measure would mean that last season's

championship team from the east and the west would be

your entire all star squad.

Just doesn't work that way. The all stars are the players

that the fans pay their money to watch play.

When a player for the opponent can cause a sell out

because people want to see him play, that should go

a long way. If no one extra shows up, you don't have

much to prove your point.

Vince Carter put on a show against the Hawks. How many

fans came out just because he was playing? A lot, I'll

bet. When some of the great players are on the floor,

more fans show up.

LeBron filled the house. Shaq and his merry men will

fill the house. Iverson brings them in. All Stars have

this effect on the gate.

As the Hawks are on the road, who do we have that will

pull fans to their house? No one, that's who. Not a

cottin' pickin' one. Hawks have no stars, just players.

The other thing that makes an all star. Who do coaches

dread to see coming because they are so good? Who

would they really love to have on their team? They are

on the inside of the game and they know who is good

and who is great and who can be awesome.

Don't give me that "He hasn't won it all, therefore he is

no all star" stuff. Vince Carter hasn't won everything,

yet he is, right now, today, after last night's game,

surely on someone's list for all star, wouldn't you think???

• Premium Member

So your definition of a allstar has NOTHING to do with personal performance?

Since you believe that the players' team should be a winning team, then you have no problem voting Al Harrington to the allstar team. In fact, Harrington, Reggie, and Wesley should be allstars.

"Reef will get disrepected by me until his teams actually

have a decent record"

- in that case, why do u have TRACY MCGRADY going to the allstar game?

Reef started the season rebounding WELL but not involved on offense... now hes rebounding just as well, and involved on offense.

IMO, if NBA fans actually watch him play and vote for him... hes a clear ALLSTAR this year... maybe not as a starter, but atleast a BENCH player