• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which SG We Need

hazer

Feasible SG Targets  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While the fixation seems to be on benching DMC and snagging a starting SF via trade/free agency, I'm of the opinion that signing an efficient scorer/slasher with some D at SG and allowing Korver to battle it out for 6th Man of the Year honors would better serve the Hawks. DMC is pure energy, hustle, and effort out there on both sides of the ball. He's also stepped it up offensively and will continue doing so with that strong work ethic (African-American Kyle Korver!). Just look at the Hawks record last year when DMC was out, essentially guaranteed a loss in his absence. He's earned that starting spot and makes the Hawks better when he does. KK would be instant offense off the bench at 2 positions. 1st team: Teague, FA/Trade, DMC, Sap, Horf. 2nd unit: Mack, KK, 15th pick, Scott, and the better of Antić/Bebe/Moose/Brand (one of those won't be on the team). That's stout. Which 'feasible' SG would take the Hawks to the next level?

• Moderators

I'd probably wait and see what we can get at the trade deadline. Bradley I like pretty well but can't say if he's really a difference maker and Afflalo is good and has good size at the 2. There were rumors of Klay Thompson being available at the deadline last year so you never know what will come up at the deadline. So I haven't voted yet.

• Moderators

I'd be for alternating DMC and KK dependent on match ups at the SG position if unless someone just flat out shows out if we were to pick up a SF. At $6 mil, I'd be cool with bringing in Granger to play at SG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I like Aaron, he will not put us over the top. We need to make a good pick for that to happen. A healthy team, Aaron, and a good draft pick could very well do it...

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Admin

I'd probably wait and see what we can get at the trade deadline. Bradley I like pretty well but can't say if he's really a difference maker and Afflalo is good and has good size at the 2. There were rumors of Klay Thompson being available at the deadline last year so you never know what will come up at the deadline. So I haven't voted yet.

Klay wants the max ... He is not even close to that value

Klay wants the max ... He is not even close to that value

Wanting and getting are two different things for a UFA. He will probably be looking at around 10 to 12 million starting at the most.

Aaron Afflalo and Eric Gordon could both probably be had in trades and would be upgrades over Korver overall, both are probably about on the level of Teague give or take a little as overall players. Neither is necessarily going to push us to the next level but if we could get them for the price of Lou and 2nd rd picks I would do it.

Jodie Meeks is probably my favorite SG of Free Agency for the Hawks. He would give us what Jenkins has not been able to give us so far and I don't believe in waiting on Jenkins with the whole give him a chance kick. We are depending on too many players that have not proven themselves that is why we looked so "bush league" at times last year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lzw3old

Lou and 2nd rd picks for Afflalo

Gordon makes too much and would mean moving more significant pieces

Edited by MrMeltdown
  • Like 1

This is a wing draft. I'd try to move Lou's expiring and our second for say #22-25 and draft LaVine and a nice SF; maybe G Robinson III. Add a decent C that can board and maybe score a bit. If we can get the C we want to man the spot with Horf, or move Horf to PF, why wait?

Millsap's contract will expire at the end of next season and we'll have room to sign a 2015 FA even if we spend the 10-12 million on a FA this year.

My (realistic) dream off-season:

C / Bebe

Horf / Millsap / Muscala

Carroll / GRIII / Scott

Korver / Lavine / Jenkins

JT / Schro / Mack

Who's the C? I don't care if the C starts or comes off the bench with Horf and Sap starting, just need a quality C . Bebe is likely 2-3 years from being an impact, quality C. Why not draft wing and sign a C?

I think Evan Turner is a good fit. Another ball handler and can score in transition. Still very young. A big I like is Jordan Hill from the Lakers.

NO to Turner, YES to Hill.

I'd be for alternating DMC and KK dependent on match ups at the SG position if unless someone just flat out shows out if we were to pick up a SF. At $6 mil, I'd be cool with bringing in Granger to play at SG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Granger off the bench st SF - he's no longer a starter. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Aaron Afflalo and Eric Gordon could both probably be had in trades and would be upgrades over Korver overall, both are probably about on the level of Teague give or take a little as overall players.

Jodie Meeks is probably my favorite SG of Free Agency for the Hawks. He would give us we Jenkins has not been able to give us so far and I don't believe in waiting on Jenkins with the whole give him a chance kick. We are depending on too many players that have not proven themselves that is why we looked so "bush league" at times last year.

I'll take Afflalo at 7 mil, No to Eric Gordan and his 14 million and always injured.

Meeks off the bench at SG I like.

• Premium Member

This is a wing draft. I'd try to move Lou's expiring and our second for say #22-25 and draft LaVine and a nice SF; maybe G Robinson III. Add a decent C that can board and maybe score a bit. If we can get the C we want to man the spot with Horf, or move Horf to PF, why wait?

Millsap's contract will expire at the end of next season and we'll have room to sign a 2015 FA even if we spend the 10-12 million on a FA this year.

My (realistic) dream off-season:

C / Bebe

Horf / Millsap / Muscala

Carroll / GRIII / Scott

Korver / Lavine / Jenkins

JT / Schro / Mack

Who's the C? I don't care if the C starts or comes off the bench with Horf and Sap starting, just need a quality C . Bebe is likely 2-3 years from being an impact, quality C. Why not draft wing and sign a C?

You'd put our allstar PF Millsap on the bench?

That sounds like a terrible idea.

I voted Afflalo. Especially if he could be had for Lou and a 2nd, but seems like it would take more than that. Teague, Afflalo, DMC, Sap, and Horf is a 50+ win team, 3 possible all-stars in there. With a nice 2nd unit of Mack, KK, 15th pick, Scott, and Antić. That lineup would be 1 piece (draft/FA/trade) away from the NBA finals.

Let's assume hypothetically that Ferry/Bud look to acquire a SG like Afflalo via trade and/or free agency. Which SF prospect should they target to line up with the 2nd unit behind DMC? Feasibly available around the 15th pick: Dario Saric, Doug McDermott, Rodney Hood, Jerami Grant, TJ Warren, Cleanthony Early, Glenn Robinson III, DeAndre Daniels, KJ McDaniels. All interesting picks, would Hood being a 6'9 Dukie with range and D be too hard to pass up for Ferry?

Edited by hazer

Nik stauskas is a beast in the pick n roll, I think he would thrive in this system. Zach lavine for the sheer upside of him and teague in the backcourt.

rodney hood's short arms alarm me. I dont think he will be anymore better than cj miles.

I am scared we will take dario saric. He is slow as all hell. Just the idea of him trying to guard melo and lebron is hilarious.

If we are talking about ideas, I would go to Golden State and see what it would take to get Thompson. Perfect fit for the Hawks. Of course it may cost too much to get him, but it would be nice to get his shooting and slashing.

• Admin

Klay doesn't play any d which is a problem and his price will be to high to get . Avery bradly who plays awesome d is not very good on offense. It would not be a good idea to have him and DMC on the court at the same time as opposing teams will be doubling off of both of them