• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Bud Scouting....

Please coach, get out of there! Saric is hot garbage

why do you say that? He looks like he has a very nice offensive game. His defense will be a work in progress. But he can put the ball on the deck and drive as well as hitting the outside shots.

Fine by me although I find it funny that a SF would be the tallest guy on the team. smile3.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wouldn't quite be the tallest. He would be like KD is on OKC.

why do you say that? He looks like he has a very nice offensive game. His defense will be a work in progress. But he can put the ball on the deck and drive as well as hitting the outside shots.

he is slow footed. He puts the ball on the deck but his handles are nothing special. He would get ripped by defenders in the nba because at 6'10 he dribbles high as opposed to a low dribble like a natural handler.

Its not so much I hate him as a prospect, but rather the talent we would have to pass up in order to obtain him. I like having a DMC type at the 3 and a dynamic scorer at the 2. Stauskas and lavine can be developed into something special with the way our training staff develops players. Just look at how far DMC has come.

How far has DMC come? His numbers look very similar in Utah and Atlanta. The biggest difference is more minutes. Look at his per 36 numbers year over year.

With Korver and DMC on the floor together rebounding is a sore spot; and neither will ever average 15 PPG for us. We have to get better at a wing position.

How far has DMC come? His numbers look very similar in Utah and Atlanta. The biggest difference is more minutes. Look at his per 36 numbers year over year.

he has come a long way from a skill stand point. His dribbling and his shot are leaps and bounds better to the point where he isnt a liability on offense. Sure his numbers are similar but that comes from usage and he is 5th in the pecking order of our starting line up.

You can't tell me he hasn't improved

• Like 2

he has come a long way from a skill stand point. His dribbling and his shot are leaps and bounds better to the point where he isnt a liability on offense. Sure his numbers are similar but that comes from usage and he is 5th in the pecking order of our starting line up.

He is not much different than Marvin Williams; which makes him a bargain. We replaced Marvin with Carroll; replaced JJ with Korver; replaced Josh with Sap.

Teague has improved; Sap is rock solid; Horford, when healthy, is rock solid. Now we need a better option for Carroll and/or Korver if we ever want to push towards our first ECF appearance.

He is not much different than Marvin Williams; which makes him a bargain. We replaced Marvin with Carroll; replaced JJ with Korver; replaced Josh with Sap.

Teague has improved; Sap is rock solid; Horford, when healthy, is rock solid. Now we need a better option for Carroll and/or Korver if we ever want to push towards our first ECF appearance.

dmc is no marvin my friend. He replaced him but he is our tony allen with better shooting. I think your judging him based on his scoring output but that isnt his job.

Im not saying we cant upgrade at the 3 spot. Im simply stating the fact that our coaching staff is great at development and DMC has benefited just as much as anybody on the roster.

dmc is no marvin my friend. He replaced him but he is our tony allen with better shooting. I think your judging him based on his scoring output but that isnt his job.

Im not saying we cant upgrade at the 3 spot. Im simply stating the fact that our coaching staff is great at development and DMC has benefited just as much as anybody on the roster.

His rebounding also. Marvin has been a much more consistent rebounder over his career. To me they are so close the differences are negligible. Marvin is a bigger body and better rebounder; Carroll is lighter and quicker on his feet. Neither are great passers.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

I think he has improved but it isn't a big leap.

ATL Per 36 vs UTAH Per 36

12.5 pp36 in ATL vs 12.7 pp36 in Utah

1.2 top36 vs 1.1 top36

0.3 bp36 vs 0.8 bp36

1.9 sp36 vs 1.7 sp36

6.2 rbp36 to 6.1 rbp36

The one area he really improved was his shooting. But his TS% actually improved more the prior year than it did last year. Not sure I would credit Budwith a miracle.

I don't see the Toni Kukoc comparisons. He has a good shot and can slash to the hoop, but his defensive footwork is slow. If you watch him slide his feet there's a little hitch that will get him roasted in the NBA. It all depends on the talent left on the board at our pick.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Edited by willthepureshooter
  • Like 1

I will pass on this guy. His coaches are questioning if he is ready to contribute at the NBA level. One seems to think he needs to play against better competition overseas before he is ready because he could end up being at the end of the bench on a NBA team and not getting developed. The other thinks he will be fine if someone guarantees him minutes regardless of how he plays. This team needs contributing talent. Not a bunch of Dennis, Bebe, and Saric types that look great against weaker competition and will have trouble adjusting to the NBA.

http://nbadraft.net/international-blog-dario-saric-rising

Edited by MrMeltdown
  • Like 1

Let's try not to compare Marvin to DMC ever again. We're out of the playoffs with a couple weeks to go with Marvin replacing Junkyard. Did Marvin ever earn a nickname here? Nope.

I didn't watch the video, but if its possible to bring Kukoc-type potential out of him, Bud, Quinn, and the crew could. The main barriers to Bebe and Shredder is size, it's not a problem with this kid.

• Like 1

I will pass on this guy. His coaches are questioning if he is ready to contribute at the NBA level. One seems to think he needs to play against better competition overseas before he is ready because he could end up being at the end of the bench on a NBA team and not getting developed. The other thinks he will be fine if someone guarantees him minutes regardless of how he plays. This team needs contributing talent. Not a bunch of Dennis, Bebe, and Saric types that look great against weaker competition and will have trouble adjusting to the NBA.

http://nbadraft.net/international-blog-dario-saric-rising

His coaches want him to stay on their team to help them win over there - I wouldn't trust them completely.

I do agree that if he can't contribute immediately he should stay.

In terms of seasoning, how many sophomores in this year's draft are actually ready to make a real contribution this year? Probably none. Embid will require a couple of years to get him up to speed and get his back strong enough to take the pounding he'll receive in the NBA. Parker and Wiggins will contribute, but they won't make much if any difference in a team's W/L.

My point is, and similar to JayBird, if a coach says a guy needs more time, what coach wouldn't say that? Coach K would say that about Parker and I'm certain that the rest of the college coaches would say that about their sophomores.

I'm not against Saric at 15. He looks like he has some tools that would translate into a solid NBA player, but not an All-Star. Point is we'd get him at 15, not 10 or higher, thus costing a ton of assets to move up and get him.

I don't really know a thing about him, except his stats in that final four are impressive. I like the 8-16 shooting from 3, the size and the production. I also think we really need a wing with his skill set. If he's there at 15 and Ferry and Bud think he's worth that kind of pick, I'd be excited. Also, in reading that article, it's true that his coaches think he needs playing time to develop, but one of them did say he had all-star type of potential - and almost anyone available at 15 will need some development and playing time.

• Like 1