• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Roster Reload: Atlanta Hawks

Reggie2555

I'd love to get Hill. Hawes I don't know that well but i think trying to sign him would be a lot more than what we want to pay at the center. Horford, Antić are the same. Then Hill and Hawes I'm guessing will be double what we paid Brand and Ayón right? Wouldn't suprise me if it's Hill and Brand.

Brand is just about finished. I'd rather us bring over Bebe and give Elton the Juwan Howard treatment.

I'd love to get Hill. Hawes I don't know that well but i think trying to sign him would be a lot more than what we want to pay at the center. Horford, Antić are the same. Then Hill and Hawes I'm guessing will be double what we paid Brand and Ayón right? Wouldn't suprise me if it's Hill and Brand.

That's probably true but I think it's important to have a very good big man rotation. I'm not against bringing back brand and having him and hill over hawes I just think hawes and hill on the bench to rotate with horford and sap would be one of the best big man rotations in the nba

But you're right it might be too much money to do such a thing.

The Vet. min ranges from $800K to $1.4 million. (10+ years). So I was confused.

I wouldn't want EB back at that $4.8 price!

Edited by JayBirdHawk

The Vet. min ranges from $800K to $1.4 million. (10+ years). So I was confused.

I wouldn't want EB back at that $4.8 price!

I wouldn't want EB back at 800k!

• Moderators

How about Lin instead of Asik? Lin + Parsons for Sap + Lou. Then sign Jordan Hill and have:

C - Hill/Horford/Bebe/Pero/Muscala

PF - Horford/Muscala/Pero/Scott

SF - Parsons/DMC/Scott/draft pick

SG - DMC/KK/Lin/Jenkins/draft pick

PG - Teague/Mack/Lin/Schröder

A lot of expiring deals and Lin would be our new Lou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about Lin instead of Asik? Lin + Parsons for Sap + Lou. Then sign Jordan Hill and have:

C - Hill/Horford/Bebe/Pero/Muscala

PF - Horford/Muscala/Pero/Scott

SF - Parsons/DMC/Scott/draft pick

SG - DMC/KK/Lin/Jenkins/draft pick

PG - Teague/Mack/Lin/Schröder

A lot of expiring deals and Lin would be our new Lou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HELL NO - same $15 mil to Lin - let Morey eat that.

Renounce!

I get the impression that Elton will not play for the minimum...I mean what is the difference in stats for him from 11-12 to 12-13 to 13-14? Sure it is a steady decline, but we all knew for 13-14 he wouldn't match his 12-13 numbers...

The fact that Elton was paid $4m last year is so perplexing to me. I like to mark it off as a Dookie connection, but is it that Elton simply will not play for less than $4m? I hope it is cya if that is the case, but we should have never paid him $4m for last year.

• Moderators

I get the impression that Elton will not play for the minimum...I mean what is the difference in stats for him from 11-12 to 12-13 to 13-14? Sure it is a steady decline, but we all knew for 13-14 he wouldn't match his 12-13 numbers...

The fact that Elton was paid $4m last year is so perplexing to me. I like to mark it off as a Dookie connection, but is it that Elton simply will not play for less than $4m? I hope it is cya if that is the case, but we should have never paid him $4m for last year.

I don't know. How much different was his production last year from a typical Zaza season? I was pretty impressed with Elton.

• Moderators

Am I reading the article correctly here?

2014-15 Status quo baseline: 48.8 wins

(from Bradford Doolittle's ATH system)

So projected at 48.8 wins if we do nothing.

IV. The "Ideal" Roster:

Updated Win Range: 41 to 45

And projected at 41 to 45 wins if we trade and form our "ideal" roster.

So we are projected at 48.8 wins if we do nothing and if we make the recommended moves our ideal roster will leave us at a projected 41-45 wins? And this makes sense to someone?

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Bailing people out of mistakes is a great move but not with a team like Houston. You want to get an unprotected first from Detroit or some other dysfunctional team that may end up in the lottery ala the Kyrie Irving pick or the #9 pick this season, etc.

Bailing people out of mistakes is a great move but not with a team like Houston. You want to get an unprotected first from Detroit or some other dysfunctional team that may end up in the lottery ala the Kyrie Irving pick or the #9 pick this season, etc.

And that's one helluva mistake for Morey. Teams are just balking at paying Lin and Asik $15 million each in actual dollars. Lin isn't even worth the $8million cap number. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Am I reading the article correctly here?

So projected at 48.8 wins if we do nothing.

And projected at 41 to 45 wins if we trade and form our "ideal" roster.

So we are projected at 48.8 wins if we do nothing and if we make the recommended moves our ideal roster will leave us at a projected 41-45 wins? And this makes sense to someone?

Well it makes sense for Houston so that's all that matters.....hmmmppff!!

Is Atlanta a big enough market for Uncle Drew? I've always envisioned him being the next to push for a trade to a big market (regardless of the whole winning thing).

I believe we are on the cusp of becoming that big market. I also believe if we bring him over and we continue to play great basketball, then he wont want to leave after being in a winning environment for the first time in his career.