• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would Cavs want Horford or more?

?? Are you comparing Wiggins to the 2nd dumbest player in the NBA? A guy who's allergic to defense?

Ok 6'8 guys that can run and jump are nothing to get excited about. Josh Smith had a similar profile coming out. I wish we could put some kind of bet on these guys not being close to how good y'all think they will be. lol

Edited by sultanofatl

Developing hunger is what scares me about Wiggins. I thought if Marvin did he would be a superstar as well.

We see how that turned out.

I see Ferry if given the #1 pick taking Parker or Embiid; Parker is a Dukie alum and Ferry knows the people at Duke very well, so if Coach K gives his blessing I see Ferry going with it.

You're right and it's exactly why he'd be my 3rd, maybe 4th choice in this draft. I'm not sure I could take another Marvin situation.

• Like 1

One thing about Wiggins is that he's already an elite level defensive prospect. At his size if he develops that hunger to dominate offensively and puts the work in he could be special.

I'm not disagreeing that he's a great prospect, just that he has a lot of work to do. I think he's more Corey Brewer than Scottie Pippen, just my opinion, of course.

I just feel that Parker has a much higher floor and a lot less downside.

I'm not disagreeing that he's a great prospect, just that he has a lot of work to do. I think he's more Corey Brewer than Scottie Pippen, just my opinion, of course.

I just feel that Parker has a much higher floor and a lot less downside.

I think Parker has the higher upside as well. I dunno about Corey Brewer reference though as that's quite a ways off of what most predict he can be.

Wiggins scares me. I watched him a couple of times and all I saw was Marvin part II. I like Embiid. His knee and back issues may be a result of just not being in full game shape. Didn't he just start playing ball? Get him on a conditioning and nutrition program and I think he will be OK health wise. Parker will score and that really is needed on the Hawks.

If i'm Ferry I make this trade in a heartbeat. This is exactly the risk move a team like the Hawks must make to move into the top four teams in the NBA. It may not work, but you have to take the gamble.

Once made I probably go Embiid if his back checks out. Parker is a close second. No way I take Wiggins

• Like 1

Wiggins scares me. I watched him a couple of times and all I saw was Marvin part II. I like Embiid. His knee and back issues may be a result of just not being in full game shape. Didn't he just start playing ball? Get him on a conditioning and nutrition program and I think he will be OK health wise. Parker will score and that really is needed on the Hawks.

If i'm Ferry I make this trade in a heartbeat. This is exactly the risk move a team like the Hawks must make to move into the top four teams in the NBA. It may not work, but you have to take the gamble.

Once made I probably go Embiid if his back checks out. Parker is a close second. No way I take Wiggins

These are my thoughts as well. Unfortunately I think ferry is going to have to gamble too eventually as I still don't think Atlanta is on that level yet to bring in marquee free agents, however I think coach buds style has made Atlanta look more appealing than ever it's still not enough to bring in a big name star so why not try and draft one and just let coach bud develop him.

But ferry/bud are hard to really get what they are going to do when it comes to the draft! They could see a potential star at 15.

Edited by JTB

I think Parker has the higher upside as well. I dunno about Corey Brewer reference though as that's quite a ways off of what most predict he can be.

6'9", athletic, great defensive prospect, lack of handles and a consistent jumper. Brewer had a lot of hype coming out. Wiggins is obviously a better prospect but I don't think the reference is that far-fetched. Honestly Marion is probably a better comparison, but I'm taking Parker or Embiid over that without question.

My biggest concern is how Wiggins looks with the ball in his hands. He's a robot. It's tough to develop a full offensive game. He not only needs to improve his jumper, but also his ability to CREATE a shot. That's a lot. Not impossible but he has his work cut out for him.

• Moderators

As someone who followed Davis very, very closely during his college years and coming into the draft, I will just generally comment that his scoring ability was a big question mark. Weight and strength was the other big one. As a big man who was an elite rebounder and defender in a so-so draft class, his strengths and his offensive potential (not his present ability) made him a no-brainer at #1. I was all aboard on him being a star based as much as anything on his attitude (hard worker, team oriented, assertive without being selfish) and his feel for the game (smart player, good awareness of positioning and angles, etc.).

Oden was seen as a can't miss player. Frankly, I think there was good reason for that and he would have been great had he been healthy. Dude averaged 15 points on a .574 FG%/.609 TS%, 12 boards and 2.5 blocks per 36 minutes even with all the injuries. If you could get a seven footer who was healthy and would put up those numbers with solid defense for the next 5 years they would get a max contract. Health is hard to predict whether you are talking about on the court (Oden) or off the court (Jay Williams), etc.

Wiggins is going to make the Corey Brewer, Gerald Green, etc. comparisons look silly.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

As someone who followed Davis very, very closely during his college years and coming into the draft, I will just generally comment that his scoring ability was a big question mark. Weight and strength was the other big one. As a big man who was an elite rebounder and defender in a so-so draft class, his strengths and his offensive potential (not his present ability) made him a no-brainer at #1. I was all aboard on him being a star based as much as anything on his attitude (hard worker, team oriented, assertive without being selfish) and his feel for the game (smart player, good awareness of positioning and angles, etc.).

Oden was seen as a can't miss player. Frankly, I think there was good reason for that and he would have been great had he been healthy. Dude averaged 15 points on a .574 FG%/.609 TS%, 12 boards and 2.5 blocks per 36 minutes even with all the injuries. If you could get a seven footer who was healthy and would put up those numbers with solid defense for the next 5 years they would get a max contract. Health is hard to predict whether you are talking about on the court (Oden) or off the court (Jay Williams), etc.

Wiggins is going to make the Corey Brewer, Gerald Green, etc. comparisons look silly.

I thought there was serious concerns about Oden's legs not being the same length. He was an injury risk when he came out. Portland took because of his size and potential, but they did consider Durant.

Why do you think Wiggins is going to be a star? If I'm interpreting your statement correctly?

Parker will never be as good as Horford

Embiid could be >> so you are doing this for that upside that could lead to a championship

I doubt that Parker will never be as good but keep in kind it's #1 pick plus the ability to sign a mad contract vs Horford, whom we didn't even have last year anyway. Imagine adding Carmelo or 2 very good players plus that #1 pick to last years squad. I take this deal without thinking twice about it.

• Like 1

I see shades of Williams with some of these shots he struggles to get off in the paint but you'd never, ever see Marvin put up 41 points, 8 boards, 4 blocks and 5 steals.

He really struggles when having to make a decision with guys in front of him on the break and doesn't look like he's quick enough with the ball to get around mediocre defenders. Very Marvin-ish in both of those ways, but I think he's going to be a lot better than Marvin.

http://youtu.be/LXt5JtlWnps

Looks like he is already losing weight. NBA weight training will get him in shape.

A slimmed down Parker is a Parker that I can get behind. He's fundamentally near perfect, very intelligent and has a bit of swagger to him.

He looks tremendous in that video and every bit a SF to me. He does have a lot of Carmelo in his game that's for sure but Carmelo was never quite that athletic at the rim.

• Like 1

Parker had huge usage and abysmal assists...he is a black hole

His shooting % was also bad against decent defenses...his good/bad team splits are telling

We already tried the big dog thing

Wiggins was horrible at finishing in the half court...we already did the Marvin thing

Embiid is ultra elite if he isn't injured too often...the best shot for a team to get a superstar

Edited by Nicholasp27
  • Like 1

A slimmed down Parker is a Parker that I can get behind. He's fundamentally near perfect, very intelligent and has a bit of swagger to him.

He looks tremendous in that video and every bit a SF to me. He does have a lot of Carmelo in his game that's for sure but Carmelo was never quite that athletic at the rim.

He is just so smooooth man. He is the one guy (maybe Embiid) I see Ferry taking a risk on.

Edited by GameTime