• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Our need for a defensive Rim Protector.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Noah's pre-draft weight was 223lbs, Bebe 220lbs - it's a bunch a hullaboola about nothing. Stop worrying about his weight, he needs to add strength more than anything.

Well Weight is only one part of it. I think we exchange weight and strength. Last year, game 5 of Summer League, he was out due to the fact that he wasn't in the shape to play at this level. Nobody wants to see Keith Closs part II. When I say weight, I would like to see Bebe gain about 15-20 lbs of muscle and good fat. I would love him to come in "at 240 and full of muscles" (in my Men at Work voice).

Well Weight is only one part of it. I think we exchange weight and strength. Last year, game 5 of Summer League, he was out due to the fact that he wasn't in the shape to play at this level. Nobody wants to see Keith Closs part II. When I say weight, I would like to see Bebe gain about 15-20 lbs of muscle and good fat. I would love him to come in "at 240 and full of muscles" (in my Men at Work voice).

Bebe will not gain that kind of muscle and good fat in a year. Noah is finally up 9lbs from his combine weight in his 6th year. Bebe's frame cannot handle that - he already had knee issues from trying to add weight too fast.

A good coach will focus on what a player can do immediately (rebound, block shots, run the floor) and put him in area to succeed and work with him on his weaknesses.

Bebe will not gain that kind of muscle and good fat in a year. Noah is finally up 9lbs from his combine weight in his 6th year. Bebe's frame cannot handle that - he already had knee issues from trying to add weight too fast.

A good coach will focus on what a player can do immediately (rebound, block shots, run the floor) and put him in area to succeed and work with him on his weaknesses.

I'd like to see us bring in Camby as an assistant to just work with Bebe. If anyone knows how to play at a light weight Camby would.

Good write up. I strongly agree.

• Moderators

Noah's pre-draft weight was 223lbs, Bebe 220lbs - it's a bunch a hullaboola about nothing. Stop worrying about his weight, he needs to add strength more than anything.

Strength is the key. Noah is unusually strong for someone his size. He doesn't get pushed around. That is the key for Bebe, not hitting any specific weight target.

I agree with you @Diesel that some rim protection would be nice, but I do think Bebe is a fine answer and @JTB is right that it's a little overrated.

I think Horford and Millsap have the speed and length to run all over the floor and protect the paint on defense and the offensive versatility to, between them, punish almost any frontcourt in the league. Unfortunately, neither of them are any more than adequate when it comes to rebounding so we need rebounding and shot-creation on the wings to make up for them.

We need our Ginobili.

I agree with you @Diesel that some rim protection would be nice, but I do think Bebe is a fine answer and @JTB is right that it's a little overrated.

I think Horford and Millsap have the speed and length to run all over the floor and protect the paint on defense and the offensive versatility to, between them, punish almost any frontcourt in the league. Unfortunately, neither of them are any more than adequate when it comes to rebounding so we need rebounding and shot-creation on the wings to make up for them.

We need our Ginobili.

This is how I feel. The hawks are a spurs like big man rotation and defensive wing creator away from 50 wins per year. You can take care of both needs this off season.

Maybe that guy is Bebe. But not at his weight. However, we need somebody who could protect the rim and add a little easy offense. I know everybody saw the impact that a Serge Ibaka had for OKC. That's what we lack. We lacked that guy who can come in the game and make his presence known.

Well, here's the list...

I set it up so that it tells us about all the players who stop their opponents at the rim... in order.

Guys we frequently talk about like Asik...Hawes.. Gortat... We should look at them and measure them by the list. Then there are guys that you never heard of like Jeff Whitney.

After looking at that list I would rather try to develop Lucas. Nobody of need who is worth something are leaving there respective teams.

He gained ten pounds when he was with the Hawks. Was 220 with them. He didn't seem to lose much weight when he came back for healing so I just did the math.

During summer league?

He gained ten pounds when he was with the Hawks. Was 220 with them. He didn't seem to lose much weight when he came back for healing so I just did the math.

i made a thread with a recent picture of him a while back. He sure looked 230